Who Here Feels In Great Health At The Moment?

OP
T
Just as a general census :)

Currently not myself. No matter what dietary changes I make, I seem to lapse back to high inflammation, swollen stomach, low muscle mass, fatigue. Positive influences are only ever fleeting. It’s like I’m playing a game of chess with my body.

What does “great” mean to you? And at what point did you begin to see positive results?

I have no health problems that I'm aware of and generally feel happy, healthy, alert and fit. The exceptions tend to be when close friends or family members are going through health/life issues--this does cause some anxiety in me. I've had better and better results since first coming across Dr. Peat's ideas a few years ago. I recommend not being too hard on yourself and not following a "Peat diet" too strictly. Use your own judgement.

LUH 3417

I’m pretty happy and hopeful and feel relatively good but I still have a chronically swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck and I feel like I need to purge some sort of entity that’s trapped in there. EBV? I don’t know. Has been there since i was 8 years old. Interestingly the more I tried the “peat” the more inflamed the node became, demanding all my attention.

D

danishispsychic

I feel better now that I have crammed all of my 1500 cal in a 4 hour window and drink more black coffee but that’s just me . Great? Not sure

Ps - it’s allllll about yellow Red Bull . Amazing stuff

Arnold Grape

meeeee too.
Your mood ring is green, so that makes sense - I feel good, but I cannot eat meals with others and people have made fun of my vitamin b consumption, out of which are produced from a black canvas bag that I carry most places with me, like a complete weirdo.

LUH 3417

Your mood ring is green, so that makes sense - I feel good, but I cannot eat meals with others and people have made fun of my vitamin b consumption, out of which are produced from a black canvas bag that I carry most places with me, like a complete weirdo.
Lol that’s funny. I can’t really eat alone anymore. I’m only hungry around other people.

Arnold Grape

For example, there was a pizza party today at work, which I veritably fled from - stuff like that there. I have no idea how other people are doing it? (I think it would be cool if there was a thread about the social alienation faced by Peat eaters and the ongoing daily minutiae, etc.)

LUH 3417

For example, there was a pizza party today at work, which I veritably fled from - stuff like that there. I have no idea how other people are doing it? (I think it would be cool if there was a thread about the social alienation faced by Peat eaters and the ongoing daily minutiae, etc.)
I would bet that the social alienation contributes to not feeling great, at least in my experience.

Lucenzo01

LMAO. You just have to take them discretely. I have with me 5 or 6 pills that I take without anyone noticing it. It's an art.

Arnold Grape

LMAO. You just have to take them discretely. I have with me 5 or 6 pills that I take without anyone noticing it. It's an art.
I wish I was making that up - I am dating a girl who very discretely laid into me for purloining things from my "vitamin bag"- it's embarrassing. (She refers to it as 'the vitamin bag') I guess the secret is out, but I will have to get better at honing my skills. I also will not eat dinner out anywhere, so she's probably going to break up with me any moment now.

L

lollipop

I wish I was making that up - I am dating a girl who very discretely laid into me for purloining things from my "vitamin bag"- it's embarrassing. (She refers to it as 'the vitamin bag') I guess the secret is out, but I will have to get better at honing my skills. I also will not eat dinner out anywhere, so she's probably going to break up with me any moment now.
She obviously is not the right one you. Seriously, I would have been stoked and proud of dating someone willing to care for themselves like that. It is all about perspective. I have been carrying around supplements to eat at meals in restaurants, parties, friends’ houses, etc, etc for 30 years. No sweat for me,. Sometimes I am overt, sometimes covert. I would simply honor yourself and not care.

7001A7B3-85DC-4DA9-A363-8F52567673EB.jpeg

Lucenzo01

Yeah, I know the feel. People can be very judgmental about things they don't understand.

yerrag

Yeah, I know the feel. People can be very judgmental about things they don't understand.
I agree with @lisaferraro . You are at a different wavelength from your date. There needs to be a certain kind of resonance in a relationship. What you have is dissonance.

yerrag

I feel great though I can be better. I have energy throughout the day just lately, even without coffee to perk me up. I slept so well the past 2 days. I have had no allergy issues for a while now, although as recently as 2 years ago I would have allergic rhinitis every now and then, and it would take 2 weeks to resolve. And 18 years ago, the story of my life is that I would have colds and fever and flu every year, sometimes twice a year. Last year I had trigger finger every time I wake up, but a month or so ago it's gone.

Improving now is my blood pressure, my arthritic knee, and my scalp which would have a few spots that would not cease producing scales. Blood pressure is still way up at 180/115, although 3 months ago it was at 220/140. My knees is having less pain, so now I can walk up stairs without feeling pain, and from a kneeling position I can come back up without needing my hand to help lift me up.

What isn't improving is my front pate. Still hast enough hair, but I need to cut my hair short so the contrast with the thick sides don't show. No shiny spot is visible at least, which means it has hope of being restored fully. It isn't getting worse though. And another nit I have is the quality of my erection. But I shouldn't be complaining. I'm still thankful that there has been great improvement, and with the way things are going, I will still see some more milestones in my health going for the better.

With many of sharing what we've learned from our diligence in researching, and in experimenting on our own selves, and in sharing with each other, and applying it to ourselves, I think we have a great resource that will only get richer over time. It takes effort to reply, and for the many replies I got from you, I have learned to apply to myself in true context as I can only understand it.

Last edited:
Currently not myself. No matter what dietary changes I make, I seem to lapse back to high inflammation, swollen stomach, low muscle mass, fatigue. Positive influences are only ever fleeting. It’s like I’m playing a game of chess with my body.

Get used to that. It took me 6 years to finally get to a stage where I would say that even my lowest point of health is far better than what used to be an average. Though, I'm battling hypothyroidism, one of the hardest conditions to treat, one that most people never succeed in curing, so maybe your issues can be resolved faster.

The whole 'feeling better for 2-3 days and then everything is the same again' thing is probably the most mentally fatiguing, every time you get taken for that roller-coaster you become even more hopeless that you will never actually permanently solve your problems. I think it's possible, but very hard to find the right thing. I don't attribute any of my success to diet or supplements which did nothing for me at all. At best they may prevent further derangement, that's about as much credit as I'm willing to give them. But the real improvements in my well-being came from lifestyle hacks like sleeping warm and red light. Red light is THE ***t, and it actually HEALS, rather than just masking your symptoms. But as with everything, you have to be careful how you apply it, it's possible to overdo it and damage yourself.

Demanding perfection is not health, and subsisting only on 'perfect' food, while immediately feeling damaged by eating 'bad' food is the hallmark of a weak and sick organism. You need to get to the point where you realize that eating a single 'bad' meal is not going to kill you, and that an occasion like that holds very little sway over your general health. One meal doesn't make one sick or healthy, the tens of thousands throughout the years do. If you're normally at good terms with the people at work and enjoy their company, leaving a social event due to there being pizza is dumb (and if you don't like your co-workers, that's fine, but consider changing your workplace). As someone above said, you're hurting yourself more by becoming so adamant about not eating a single 'un-Peat' meal and socially isolating yourself, than the food itself will ever damage you.

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward." -A very appropriate Rocky quote.

How will you know when you are healthy? Your resilience will improve. And your ability to handle stress of all kinds, and to recover from it, quickly, will also greatly improve. The healthier I become the more foods I can eat without feeling worse, and the more I can handle in general. If you really feel bad about eating something like that, just have some Vitamin E around, and take it afterwards, which will help prevent whatever deleterious effects the PUFA in the food would have. But in general, it's important to offset this need to eat 'perfect' with leading a relaxed life. Stressing about stress is also a stress ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals