When Is It Too Late To Treat Cancer With (Peatish) Supplements?

Philomath

I'm visiting a friend with cancer tonight who has been told there's no options left. He has colon cancer, advanced stages and its his second time around. I saw him two weeks ago he was mobile, and in goods spirits, but bloated and jaundice.
I don't want to see him tonight and talk alternatives if there is little hope. I have not said anything to him before about "alternative" options as I believe people should be allowed to walk their own path. However, I feel like I should say something since he's preparing to die.
Is a regime of Aspirin, emodin and other suppliments beneficial to a certain point?

Suikerbuik

Well it depends and it's hard to judge from here, but here my 2ct.
If there are metastasis it is going to be difficult, but you never really know. Sometimes the fast growing tumors are the weakest.
I'd spend the night having fun, but between the lines suggesting something like aspirin can't be harmful; the science is there and popping up a few aspirins a day is unlikely to be invasive.
I'd not talk about outcomes, chances, studies or whatever unless he specifically asks for it, but even then I'd hesitate to spend the night talking about it. Talking about general biochemistry and the influences of food or other things, if he's interested, can be fun though.
Just have him do the non-invasive stuff if he wants to, let him be peaceful with every outcome (stress reduction and no expectations) and have fun, and see how things go by the day.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Thank you, that's good advice.

T

tobieagle

If there are metastasis it is going to be difficult, but you never really know.

Why?!

Unlike most conventional therapies, every approach out of the Peatbox is more or less systemic.
And unlike most conventional therapies they all tend to increase the well-being during periods of application.

Cleaning his diet from problematic foods
Supportive hormone therapy (thyroid and progesterone)
Aspirin
CO2
Light
Light physical activities like going for a walk every day
Doing things he loves to do
Shifting the mindset from resignation to confidence

I guess it depends on how close you are to him, but I would try to convince him.
He has nothing to lose than a bit of time and effort.

Rafe

If your friend is like most people, then he's hungry for being happy. Even my biggest critic wanted some of my ice cold Mexican Coke. Go to the closest bodega, get a couple of those & talk about the best things you've done. Peating isn't always about the food. Don't forget that it's also a way of just being. Go to a comforting environment if you can & enjoy your friend. I bet he'd appreciate that. It's a hard thing you are doing, so just take it easy. Let us know how it goes. I may be in your position soon.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'd try to get a feel for your where your friend is at with everything before turning the topic to Peatish options just because some people aren't open to other possibilities and if he is not it could put a strain on him and your friendship.

It's hard for people to go through what your friend has endured and the last thing you want to do is inadvertently cause him to feel like you think he is giving up or that you don't respect and support his choices.

One way to get an idea of his perspective on his condition is to bring up the topic by saying that you have always wondered what you would do if you found yourself in a similar situation. You could ask him if he had ever considered any alternative treatments.

Travis

I think that he needs to water fast a bit, then eat fruit only.

Cancer should not progress much in the absence of PUFA and dairy hormones.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

I'd try to get a feel for your where your friend is at with everything before turning the topic to Peatish options just because some people aren't open to other possibilities and if he is not it could put a strain on him and your friendship.

It's hard for people to go through what your friend has endured and the last thing you want to do is inadvertently cause him to feel like you think he is giving up or that you don't respect and support his choices.

One way to get an idea of his perspective on his condition is to bring up the topic by saying that you have always wondered what you would do if you found yourself in a similar situation. You could ask him if he had ever considered any alternative treatments.

10 years ago I be going in, solution guns a blazin', offering my opinion of what he can/should do. However, I've learned from the passing of my brother in law that most people want to make themselves feel better by offering solutions and trying to fix the problem. I think that's human nature.
It's very hard for me to fight that urge... I'm a fixer and I feel if I don't say something he will never come upon this information.
I'll probably ask a few specific questions, like you guys have suggested, but I want to give him hope too. I think of those learned helplessness rat studies and I want to give him something to bite or claw at for Hope, rather than let him go on thinking he's helpless (hopeless) to the very end.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
10 years ago I be going in, solution guns a blazin', offering my opinion of what he can/should do. However, I've learned from the passing of my brother in law that most people want to make themselves feel better by offering solutions and trying to fix the problem. I think that's human nature.
It's very hard for me to fight that urge... I'm a fixer and I feel if I don't say something he will never come upon this information.
I'll probably ask a few specific questions, like you guys have suggested, but I want to give him hope too. I think of those learned helplessness rat studies and I want to give him something to bite or claw at for Hope, rather than let him go on thinking he's helpless (hopeless) to the very end.
Sounds like you're a true friend. He's fortunate to have you in his life.

Giraffe

@Philomath, maybe you could suggest strategies to feel a little better, if you don't want to talk about alternative treatments. Red light and breathing exercises give peace of mind. Thiamine might give him a little more energy. (Peat suggested 300 mg thiamine in divided doses for cancer.)

I hope the two of you enjoy each other. It's a difficult situation.

GAF

I had a bad case of colon cancer exactly 9 years ago, long before I stumbled on to RP. I never thought I would make 5 years, much less 9.

If it comes back, in addition to all of the above, here is what I would do to myself all day every day. I would take handfuls of aspirin. I would slather myself in ALL of haidut's supplements, except Tyromax because,

I would take T3 every hour or 2. I would do everything in the arsenal to lower serotonin, estrogen, cortisol and adrenaline asap.

I would slather myself with mafactive cream:

登录 Facebook | Facebook

I would go to Japan or order the gcmaf injections from 登录 Facebook | Facebook

I would get me some Salicinium.

I would energize myself up with any source of energy I could find like Red Bull plus you name it. I would eat like a horse, super high sugar and fruit and low pufa, of course.

I would breathe CO2 all day while sitting in the sunshine and do the same at night.

I have no idea what is going to work, but I don't care. There is no downside to trying anything and everything. And, if it works and I recover, I have a great story to tell people and irritate doctors by "disproving" the low sugar fable. I would definitely never go to a doctor again unless I had a snow-skiing accident.

If not, my grandkids get some life insurance to pay for college.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Thank you everyone for the kind words and insightful strategies. I'll be sure to present this information the next time a friend finds out they have cancer. I just found out an hour ago that my friend passed away. I just saw him over the Fourth of July at my in-laws vacation home. He didn't look good but I didn't think he was three weeks away from dying. I suppose when you're told you are out of options and death is inevitable, the downward spiral is greatly accelerated.
I'm sad but irritated beyond belief!!! How can a doctor tell someone they are out of options when a ten second Google search can provide an easy 10 alternatives:rage

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Thank you. I always appreciate your thoughtfulness.
This forum is great at presenting information and resources but it's also a great source of fellowship and comradery.

Rafe

I think someone on the forum has written about the psychological cascade & damage done by a diagnosis & prognosis, but I don't recall where. Your anger is righteous. My sympathy goes out to you. It's a serious position to be in.

PakPik

My condolences, @Philomath

I'm sad but irritated beyond belief!!! How can a doctor tell someone they are out of options when a ten second Google search can provide an easy 10 alternatives:rage
I share your sentiment. I wished the conventional medical establishment as a whole was honest, but that's just dreaming way too much. They push lots of expensive pills and treatments for every chronic disorder -which as far as I've seen in a majority of cases do way more harm than good-, but totally neglect giving people cheap, safe and potentially effective advice and remedies.

L

lollipop

Also my condolences @Philomath. Reeeeaaaallllyyyy frustrating as you mentioned. There are SOOOOO many different solutions, noninvasive and natural to heal cancer. What a crime committed on so many suffering individuals. Surely this nonsense must end one day.

Tarmander

Bummer philomath. Sorry about your friend.

To add to the topic, if someone had cancer and it has eaten into organs and disrupted structure and therefore function, i think it would be difficult to come back from that, even with the best supplements.

However, I think there is a allopathic treatment event horizon as well. Once someone has had several rounds of chemo and radiation, their chances of recovery fall considerably. There is a reason that once you get cancer and they treat it, youre always a cancer patient, just in remission. If they then go on oxygen...

tara

Sorry.
Sounds like you're a true friend. He's fortunate to have you in his life.
+1

To add to the topic, if someone had cancer and it has eaten into organs and disrupted structure and therefore function, i think it would be difficult to come back from that, even with the best supplements.
+1
There are occasional stories of people recovering from late stage - where there is life there is hope - but once it is well advanced, I think the cancer field becomes more resistant to reversal, too, even with lots of supportive tactics.Not necessarily always impossible, but difficult and no guarantees.
I wouldn't lose any sleep imagining that you could have stopped it if you'd got in a couple of weeks earlier.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals