What’s the best (easiest to digest) protein for breakfast?

jet9

Title. Meat for breakfast leaves me heavy/ tired, need smng easier to digest.

Jennifer

Do you tolerate dairy, eggs and/or shellfish? I usually have some raw milk or a yogurt milkshake, an omelette with raw goat cheddar or crab or some scallops with maple butter. You could also do a hot mug of gelatinous broth or even a chowder.

OP
J

jet9

Do you tolerate dairy, eggs and/or shellfish? I usually have some raw milk or a yogurt milkshake, an omelette with raw goat cheddar or crab or some scallops with maple butter. You could also do a hot mug of gelatinous broth or even a chowder.
I am not good with dairy, but I love shellfish and should be ok with eggs. Thank you for suggestion!

Jennifer

You’re welcome, @jet9. :)

LadyRae

I just had three big raw oysters with hot sauce, salt, and a sprinkled nutritional yeast for breakfast. Here in Washington state, usa, you can get a glass jar of raw oysters at Costco for $15 😃.

In about half an hour or so I'll probably have some fruit and maybe some eggs...

Hi.
So,no carbs during breakfast?
I am still trying to figure out wich carbs fits me,potatos,rice, the leave me tired and depressed. I have bloating issues,probably my gut is not so well.
Thanksss

Jennifer

Hi.
So,no carbs during breakfast?
I am still trying to figure out wich carbs fits me,potatos,rice, the leave me tired and depressed. I have bloating issues,probably my gut is not so well.
Thanksss

Hi António, I always have (simple) carbs with my meals so a typical breakfast would be a vanilla or maple milkshake, an omelette or some scallops topped with maple butter or maple cream, and a hot drink—spiced pear cider or berry tisane—sweetened with apple sugar or honey.

liam183

I usually have eggs, bacon, cultured cottage cheese, and skyr. Raw milk and oysters would be a great option too as well as a gelatin source (bone broth!)

Hi António, I always have (simple) carbs with my meals so a typical breakfast would be a vanilla or maple milkshake, an omelette or some scallops topped with maple butter or maple cream, and a hot drink—spiced pear cider or berry tisane—sweetened with apple sugar or honey.
Milkshake in the morning leaves me sleepy all day.
Spiced pear cider? Wow
Seems great.
I am quiting coffee,leaves me cold and disrupts my sleep.
Take caree

Veritas IV

Eggs if tolerated are normally one of the standards for easy digestion.

Personally i would start with extremely simple egg recipes, plain with salt etc. Check how you feel afterward then a couple of days later add another ingredient such as cheese etc. Then check how you feel again. Personally i fry my eggs in butter or coconut oil, sometimes boiled.

To the original poster, have you read Ray Peat's work yet? Especially about starches and their proper preparation? More knowledge of that topic can go a long way in healing the gut. But on the same note some folks cannot tolerate certain starches no matter how they prepare them, results are individual.

Xin

250ml of freshly squeezed orange juice and 6 eggs.
Simple and easy to digest.

vrd2107

Pho. It’s what Vietnamese people eat for breakfast and it’s great in the morning. Gelatinous broth made from oxtail, thin sliced meat, tripe lime, fish sauce. You can skip the rice noodles if you don’t eat starch.

supercoolguy

Has always worked well for me. (No tired reaction like meat & starch)

Rinse & Strain Low-fat Cottage Cheese (Good Culture brand).
Add: Dollop of Sweetened Greek Yogurt
Add: Apple Sauce, Fruit...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals