Want To Sleep At 5pm, And At 10-11 Or 12pm, No More! Wake Up 5am

Xisca

Edit: the title should be "sleepy at 5pm and no more at sunset. Wake up at 4-5am"

This is the same every day, I am really getting sleepy in the afternoon. Except if I am outside home and I am doing something. If I am at home, I resist and promise myself to go to bed at sunset.
But at this time I am no more sleepy!
Whether I do or not have a nap makes no difference, I wake up more and more in the evening!
At 10 I am not sleepy, 11 either, 12 either, I edit now and it is 2am and I am fully awake!

I have just eaten some goat cheese with honey as usual before bed... and I try some passionfruit leaves infusion.
I have stopped p5p, I go on Mg, also take vitD as I was too low in recent lab.
I have also stopped MB at night, because of the added cafein.

Then I will wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning, and go back to sleep and wake up tired until coffee. I can go back to sleep without eating.
Last night I decided to have a first breakfast at 5am, I ate a lot of water melon. This morning woke up at 9.
Before drinking coffee, I did not need it. I also used to be a very good sleeper. Of course it changed quite a lot when I was so ill, but that was 1 year ago, this bad allergic bronchitis!

I usually wake up because I sweat. Also because I want to pee. Can it be from histamine?

Last edited:

Makrosky

Xisca I don't understand. What exactly happens at 10-11-12 pm? You fall asleep involuntarily?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

No, I am still awake and fine!
2am now and still not sleepy...

circadian problem?
Cortisol problem?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Thanks @Mito I had read it before... who knows what lacks. I have started selenium just in case my brazil nuts were not enough....
I have absolutely no wifi.
I use energin but Bs can be a problem still.

AND i discovered very recently my lack of D, so calcium was surely an issue, as I have pain in my muscles.
I have seen this of stretching, I might try as I never did this.
I am careful with streching because you reverse the effect when you stretch too fast or strong, as this creates a COUNTER-REACTION! The body send a contraction order...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

How long does it takes to supplements vit D and reverse the low levels and get the calcium to work better?

Orion

Sounds like during the day you are sleepy, as you are off stress hormones, eating keeps blood sugar stable.

Evenings when you are not feeding or glycogen stores start to get low, stress hormones dominant and you are wired and not sleepy.

If I remember correctly from RP quotes, adrenaline keeps your core warm, but hands and feet will be cold. Cortisol heats you up and makes you sweat, and estrogen will also cause night sweats.

Points to liver issues; not eliminating estrogen, not storing sugar properly, burning fat as your primary fuel, and burning sugar to lactate instead of CO2 and water.

Low fat intake, B1/B3, aspirin, caffeine could be helpful to shift away from fat to glucose as primary fuel. Being stuck in fat burning mode and glycolysis is not conducive to good restorative sleep.

From user kiran:
"Glycolysis(similar to fermentation, ends up with lactic acid) is partway through the complete sugar metabolism. It's inefficient and is usually caused by some sort of stress. The stress varies with the person, and may be estrogen or some other hormonal issue. Ideally you would want to continue with the Krebs(citric acid) cycle, to end up with CO2 and water, rather than lactate. Basically stuck in glycolysis means that the krebs cycle in not functioning properly."

RP:
"Despite decreasing oxidative metabolism, estrogen stimulates the adrenal cortex, both directly and indirectly through the brain and pituitary, increasing the production of cortisol. Cortisol, by increasing protein turnover, can increase heat production, but this effect isn't necessarily sufficient to maintain a normal body temperature. It increases blood glucose, mainly by blocking its use for energy production, but the glucose is derived from the breakdown of muscle protein. It allows some glucose to be stored as fat. Sudden increases in the amount of glucose can lower adrenaline, and chronically excessive cortisol tends to suppress adrenaline. "

Orion

Wanted to add that B5 (pantothenic acid), or its active from pantethine which breaks down to cystamine, is helpful at blocking fat metabolism as well.

If you are using B1/B3/B5/aspirin, you need to provide adequate calories from carbs; milk, fruit, honey, sugar, starch(best to avoid until feeling better), etc...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

In the target.
Actually, I start to be sleepy AFTER eating. Maybe I relax.... though I have little stress at the moment.
Today I am not that sleepy because I was outside and socialized with friends!
points to liver issues; not eliminating estrogen, not storing sugar properly, burning fat as your primary fuel, and burning sugar to lactate instead of CO2 and water.

Low fat intake, B1/B3, aspirin, caffeine could be helpful to shift away from fat to glucose as primary fuel. Being stuck in fat burning mode and glycolysis is not conducive to good restorative sleep.
Actually I could have good sleep for years, and eating high fat diet. I can feel I have had some disregulation in my nervous system. Also, I have become aware of the cause, some intoxication before birth, and it makes you want to correct the system, and thus, the system wants to change, but this is not easy, and it creates nervous activation.

Change is not easy even when you want... Real change is not driven by the mind. It just has to happen. We can make the necessary, but then have to wait for the "click".

I know I press my system to burn sugar. I can imagine there is some fear in doing so, as it proved bad at some moment in early life, and my system decided to burn fat as a safer fuel. I have to persuade my system this is safe now to burn glucose.
Can it be because 1 of the culprits in the toxicity was ethanol? After all, this is sugar based!
Ho, I respect my parents, no drinking at all, it was lab ethanol.
And I have some SIBO.... Low carb was better for me, though I understand the problem and want to change this.
I am high in fruits and honey. Careful with some starches, like potatoes, sweat potatoes, parsnip. Sugar is not the best for me...
And I do not know why I have problems to stick to the daily carrot!

I take energin. I just see there is no pantothenic acid at all, no B5. Is pantethine much better for some reason?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I can add that I read a recent topic about P5P giving sweats to a young person, and I have recently overdone it! Solgar's is 50mg! It proved wonderful for me when I was lacking Mg, but it cannot be followed after Mg lacking signs are gone!
So it might be more than menopause...

I started to have more sweat, but I was on a journey to the familly, I took more Mg and P5P for expected stress, I slept in a hot house because of the weather giving a hot wave, and there was more light, more noise, and more electricity than at my home!

The good pionts were abundant fruits, a supermarket with vanilla haagen daas icecream... and I had a lot of liver and oysters! I do not have oysters where I live.

But even with all this, I really saw the difference when I was back home, I was not as good as when I left...
...And I started to have this strange sleepyness after my evening meal.
I eat at this hour in order to have a meal with proteins before night.
Then I eat fresh goat cheese with honey before going to bed. Cheese has salt.

Also, I take cinnamon just in case I have some amonia problem, as can be expected even for the mere reason I crave it, and also because I am also having a parasite cure with plants. My guts have no special problem at the moment. My usual a little too swollen belly and no more. Transit is fast.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I have gone through long stretches where caff made me sleepy.

Ray says this is a common reaction for people who begin using thyroid. They arent adapted to using thyroid hormone instead of stress hormones, and with time the sleepiness is supposed to wear off.

it was on an episode of KUMD "the herb doctor". Some guy called in and complained that eating sugar and taking thyroid and avoiding pufa made him sleepy like he wanted to take a nap in the middle of the day. I forget Ray's response word for word, but it was along those lines. I sometimes get sleepy from coffee as well, especially after 4 or 5 cups which is when i start to experience stomach issues.
Mid morning and sleepy....

Have to mention I use mitolipin too, which deepened my calmness. I ha ve never been anxious in my life, maybe due to strong spiritual belief about having some life inside me even through hard times.... But I could feel that this has become more rooted in the core of my body.
@haidut what do you think?
Is it lowering my stress hormons and now is the good moment to use some T?
I did not want to use any T before I could fix adrenals, or at least support them.
My labs show that I am slightly not good at transforming T4 into T3, and I can feel that either for glucose or thyroid, I have some resistance to hormones. I do not want a build up of thyroid the same way we can have insuline resistance...

Also, for sleep: temps.
Yesterday I had 37º3 at night, then took a shower, warm, and went to bed and had 37º5.
Woke up to pee once, got back to sleep and do not know what time it was, then woke up at 6 and was feeling super great though not wanting to get up. Temps were 36º4. Then got up at 8 after helf sleep and feeling like crap, already 36º7, and had mitolipin then coffee.
Now 37º1.