What makes a woman fat?

Birdie

Those are pretty heavy starting doses. For comparison, Ray recommends starting with 1/8 of a Cynoplus, which is approximately 15mcg t4 and 4mcg t3.
Yes and he advises tiny bits of Cynomel. For example, taking about 1/6 of a Cynomel with food every several hours. Maybe getting only 1/2 pill a day for several weeks, then upping it very slowly. Otherwise, you can get jittery. You want the effect to be smooth.

Birdie

Salt​

A friend had the celtic salt analyzed, and found it was high in toxic heavy metals. The pure white common salt is best.

That standard isn't very strict, but the salt is probably safe, if it's white. I usually use either La Baleine or Morton's canning and pickling salt.

Some sea salt is refined, by sequential evaporation, until it's very pure; either kind of pure white salt without additives is good.
(It's difficult to know whether or not a submission is really a response from Ray, so you might want to keep an open mind while reading this page.)

OP
Matestube

Matestube

Those are pretty heavy starting doses. For comparison, Ray recommends starting with 1/8 of a Cynoplus, which is approximately 15mcg t4 and 4mcg t3.
Thanks, I'm new to Thyroid doses, and that's what the pill I ordered came as.
No idea people split them.

FoodForeal

Thanks, it gets tiring.

I've finally made the decision to order some T3 and T4 and will start her on one pill of each a day:
25mcg T3
100mcg T4

Will reassess after one month and see if it's necessary to go the antibiotic route.
Try organ meat for thyroid.

Salt​

A friend had the celtic salt analyzed, and found it was high in toxic heavy metals. The pure white common salt is best.

That standard isn't very strict, but the salt is probably safe, if it's white. I usually use either La Baleine or Morton's canning and pickling salt.

Some sea salt is refined, by sequential evaporation, until it's very pure; either kind of pure white salt without additives is good.
(It's difficult to know whether or not a submission is really a response from Ray, so you might want to keep an open mind while reading this page.)
Yeah, I would like to see evidence, a report or something of the sort. Salt isn't safe just because it's white, they often have additives anti caking agents if the salt is refined, maybe not canning and pickling salt, but white salt doesn't necessarily mean safe.

GreekDemiGod

I'm also interested in this. A pattern I noticed that some women will tend to have fat accumulated in the lower body, below the waistline: legs, thigs, while being slimmer in the upper body.
Especially women who have been overweight in childhood.

OccamzRazer

A food shortage is imminent; the extra weight might come in handy.
The key is to be fat enough that you have 60+ days of energy stored on your body...

...but not so fat that you're unable to run away from potential danger.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

I'm also interested in this. A pattern I noticed that some women will tend to have fat accumulated in the lower body, below the waistline: legs, thigs, while being slimmer in the upper body.
Especially women who have been overweight in childhood.
She's blown everywhere, including arms and face.
Which comforts me in the theory that it's water weight from increased inflammation rather than fat.
Failing to find the cause of said inflammation, I'm starting her on a course of pregnenolone + T3 + T4.

After all, my inflammation has been under great control since starting pregnenolone + testosterone.
We all deserve a bit of chemistry in our lives.

FoodForeal

OccamzRazer

@Matestube

I know several people who lost weight - and improved their body comp - with no changes other than getting an hour of morning sun, barefoot and as clothing-free as possible, each morning.

aniciete

Salt​

According to this, mortons canning and pickling is insanely high in lead..

OP
Matestube

Matestube

@Matestube

I know several people who lost weight - and improved their body comp - with no changes other than getting an hour of morning sun, barefoot and as clothing-free as possible, each morning.
She's already doing that and more.
T3 is on its way.
Will report.
Thanks

FoodForeal

I would dose organs with the supplements.

According to this, mortons canning and pickling is insanely high in lead..
I read that article after posting about celtic sea salt and I've started looking for better natural water concentrate sources.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

I would dose organs with the supplements.

I read that article after posting about celtic sea salt and I've started looking for better natural water concentrate sources.
You want to use Guérande salt.

FoodForeal

You want to use Guérande salt.
I think that's the problem though. Guérande salt is included in the tamara rubin article. The question is whether the lead in French green clay is in a form which is bioavailable, which it seems it is. I thought that because celtic sea salt is harvested from France by hand in the same way it has been for thousands of years would mean it is safe. It certainly tastes better than refined salt but it does seem to have lead from the clay. Now I'm wondering if there's any way I can redissolve the salt with distilled water and gently let the salt water run off while leaving the clay particles with lead behind. Maybe I could run it through a coffee filter just to see what would be left behind if anything. I would assume that the lead is in a non soluble form or else it would've been dissolved by sea water over thousands of years. Stomach acid can still break it down though, I would think. Best not to risk it and filter it somehow or find a different natural water source. Maybe it would be easier to stop my city's water fluoridation than go through this.

"
We are confident that the salt you get from us is pure and unaltered, as Nature intended. Our producers test for purity at the source, and we do periodic 3rd party testing. We test for the things you do want to see in your salt like sodium, chloride, sulfate, magnesium, potassium, calcium, etc... The analysis tests for 72 elements and we get values back for about 60 of those. We also test for things you do NOT want in your salt, such as lead, cadmium, mercury, arsenic, microplastics, and microorganisms. We have found over the years that the analyses are very consistent. There is evidence that even though there is risk of pollution in the oceans, the salt is not bringing the pollution into its crystals. What comes out as salt is not the same as what sea water goes in. There is a miracle that takes place with natural unrefined sea salt!

Lead is naturally occurring in the environment. When it is in its natural form it is not reactive. When it comes from the result of mining it can be highly toxic. Lead never leaves the body once ingested, and stores in the bones and tissues. A myriad of diseases can result from lead toxicity. The main sources of lead in our environment comes from our air and water. Lead has been discovered in paint, toys, jewelry, fishing weights, and exhaust fumes. Lead in Celtic Sea Salt® does not exceed .7ppm (Fine Ground Celtic). Makai Pure has no measurable lead. The lead in Celtic Sea Salt is naturally occurring and does not pose a measurable threat compared to other sources.

Microplastics are pervasive in the environment. The main source of MPs is in the air. In a year we breathe billions of microplastics. From the salt the risk is from zero to no more than .5 MP per day, or 0 to 200MPs per year. When compared to other sources of microplastics, the amount found in salt is miniscule. No microplastics were discovered in Makai Pure or Fine Ground Celtic. 3 MPs were found in 1KG of Light Grey Celtic. We eat approximately 2 KGs of salt per year, so in a year the risk is 6 MPs per year for Light Grey Celtic®.
"
Are natural lead sources still toxic?

"

2. What is Celtic Sea Salt®?

Celtic Sea Salt® has been our brand name since 1976. At first there were only 3 salts, Light Grey Celtic®, Fine Ground Celtic®, and Flower of the Ocean®. Now, all our salts bear the name Celtic Sea Salt®. Each salt comes from a unique place, and we have given them unique names. The founder, Jacques Delangre, had a mission to bring unrefined salt to the USA after he discovered the salt in France that was harvested using traditional techniques. The Celts settled the Guerande' region of France almost 2000 years ago and designed the salt harvesting method.

“Celtic” is the term Jacques coined for the salt after learning that the Celts invented the harvesting method. In France, they call it "sel gris" or grey salt. We call it Light Grey Celtic® because of the trace amount of French green clay imparted into the crystals. There is a darker grey salt at the source, but it is more for bath or agriculture uses. The “Light Grey” is the best for consumption.
"

"
Does French green clay have lead?

French green clays range in color from shades of gray to green and are named according to the area of southern France where they were mined originally.

Brand 1, French green study clay, contained the highest level of total arsenic concentration with a lot-to-lot average of 31,607 ppb and the second-highest concentration of lead, with a lot-to-lot average of 44,633 ppb.

Our study demonstrated that daily application of a French green healing clay resulted in significant increases in total liver and kidney lead levels, when compared with control mice (Figure 2).
"

"

Examples of current standards for context and reference:

• Current Organizational & U.S. Federal Regulatory Standards:
    • Bottled water is considered illegal for Lead content if it has more than 5 ppb.
    • Water in school fountains is considered toxic and unsafe for children (According to The American Academy of Pediatrics) when Lead levels exceed 1 ppb.
    • Tap water is considered to be unsafe for human consumption if it exceeds the [relatively high; not protective of human health] U.S. Federal standard of 15 ppb.
    • Fruit juice is considered unsafe for children at 50 ppb and up.
    • Dried fruit is considered toxic for consumption at 100 ppb and up.
    • Candy is considered toxic for consumption at 100 ppb and up.

Group #4) Salts in the “200 to 500 ppb” range

(= “Less than 0.5 ppm”)

UNSAFE

[In the absence of further (and more accurate) testing for any salt with “less than” reading in this section, it is prudent to consider these salts unsafe for consumption.]

1. Le Paludier Fleur De Sel: 237 ppb
  2. Kirkland Signature (Costco) Himalayan Pink Salts: 250 ppb
  3. Himala Salt (“The purest salt on earth”): 250 ppb
  4. Sunfood Himalayan: 250 ppb
  5. Jevatee Himalayan Salt: 350 ppb
  6. Elements of Spice Salt: 412 ppb
  7. Selina Celtic Sea Salt: <420 ppb

Group #6) Salts in the “1000 to 2,000 ppb” range

(= “Less than 2 ppm”)

UNSAFE

[In the absence of further (and more accurate) testing for any salt with “less than” reading in this section, it is prudent to consider these salts unsafe for consumption.]

1. Sel Gris De Guerande Sea Salt: 1,300 ppb
  2. Fusion Black Truffle Salt: <2,000 ppb
  3. Morton Table/Pickling Salt: <2,000 ppb
"

"
Here is a full analysis of the elements that comprise Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt® Brand. Celtic Sea Salt® Brand is a natural product and, therefore, the element composition and proportions are naturally-occurring. Nothing is added and nothing is removed. This analysis is conducted by a third-party laboratory that specializes in analyzing sea salts and ocean water. The analysis will not add up to 100% because of the presence of moisture and elements that occur in very small amounts in Celtic Sea Salt® Brand.

Sodium 34.5 Bromine 0.0403 Promethium <0.0011 Magnesium .504 Rubidium <0.0007 Samarium <0.0010 Aluminum <0.05 Strontium 0.005 Europium <0.0009 Silicon 0.27 Yttrium <0.0004 Gadolinium <0.0007 Phosphorous <0.0395 Zirconium <0.0007 Terbium <0.0013 Sulfur 1.17 Niobium <0.0006 Dysprosium <0.0015 Chloride 54.00 Molybdenum <0.0007 Holmium <0.0006 Potassium 0.129 Technetium <0.0009 Erbium <0.0007 Calcium 0.151 Ruthenium <0.0013 Thulium <0.0006 Scandium <0.005 Rhodium <0.0016 Ytterbium <0.0005 Titanium <0.0015 Palladium <0.0019 Lutetium <0.0005 Vanadium <0.0006 Silver <0.0025 Hafnium <0.0004 Chromium <0.0004 Cadmium <0.0035 Tantalum <0.0004 Manganese <0.0003 Indium <0.0044 Tungsten <0.0004 Iron 0.0284 Tin <0.0059 Rhenium <0.0004 Cobalt <0.0002 Antimony <0.0074 Osmium <0.0004 Nickel <0.0001 Tellurium <0.0537 Iridium <0.0003 Copper <0.0001 Iodine <0.0002 Platinum <0.0004 Zinc <0.0001 Cesium <0.0059 Gold <0.0004 Gallium <0.0001 Barium <0.0048 Mercury <0.000001 Germanium <0.0001 Lanthanum <0.0034 Thallium <0.0004 Arsenic <0.0001 Cerium <0.0023 Lead <0.00004 Selenium <0.0002 Praseodymium <0.0017 Bismuth <0.0004 Neodymium <0.0014 Thorium <0.0007 Uranium <0.00009

Results produced using non-destructive x-ray emission analysis
All results are expressed in percent (%) of original sample

Arsenic, Cadmium, Lead, Nickel and Mercury
Our laboratory also tests for these elements that are sometimes referred to as “heavy metals” and that are present in many things we come into contact with every day in our environment. The Codex Alimentarius Commission -- formed by the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization) and the WHO (World Health Organization) -- has established the maximum safe levels acceptable in food grade salt for some of these elements. In our most recent analysis all these elements were either non detectable (Arsenic, Cadmium, Mercury) or were well under the published safe limits specified by Codex (Lead – present at levels no higher than .000076% while the Codex limit is .000200%). There are no limits specified for Nickel (present at levels no higher than .000004%).

Facts about Lead
Lead is present in trace amounts in virtually all sea salts because it is such a pervasive element in our world today. Lead is also present in things we come into contact with virtually every day. Environmental sources of lead include paint, water distribution systems, gasoline, certain types of tableware, ceramics, pottery, glassware and foods grown in contaminated soils (lead has been used in insecticides). Celtic Sea Salt® Brand tested free of shellfish allergens.

"
They make excuses about lead in their salt.

Maybe their other salts could be options. Makai Pure is expensive though.
"
11. What is your best salt?
A. There are 3 types of our best salt. What is the best salt for minerals? What is the best salt for the price? What is the best salt for applications?
The best salts for minerals are the Makai Pure®, Celtic Kosher™, and Gourmet Kosher™. Strangely enough, those are our salts that come from the waters of the Pacific Ocean. They all have less sodium and more chloride than our Atlantic Ocean salts like the Light Grey Celtic®, Fine Ground Celtic®, and Flower of the Ocean®. This does not mean that more minerals are necessarily better. The balance of minerals in all the salts are consistent with our internal body fluids. So having the most minerals may not be the best, while having the right proportion of minerals has more merit.
The best salts for the price are as follows: Gourmet Kosher™, Celtic Kosher™ Coarse, Light Grey Celtic®. More expensive salts like the Flower of the Ocean® and Makai Pure® are harder to harvest.
The best salts for applications are the following: Best for baking (Fine Ground Celtic®, Celtic Kosher™ Fine), best for pickling and cooking (Light Grey Celtic®, Gourmet Kosher™, Celtic Kosher™ Coarse), best for at the table (all of them, with their respective shaker or grinder), best for gourmet finishing (Flower of the Ocean®, Makai Pure®), best to add to water (all, but Makai Pure may top this list).
View Celtic Sea Salt® comparison analysis in ppm HERE
"

This one doesn't seem to line up with the other sources. μg/g is equal to ppm but they're saying that celtic sea salt is at 1.4 ppm while selina's study says .4 ppm and so does the tamara rubin article. It seems like their harvesting method for Lake Deborah sea salt is good but I haven't been able to find independent testing results for their salt and I don't see any info on their website besides that they test regularly. Lake Deborah is an ancient underground body of water too which has been separated from the sea for a long time meaning that it could have absorbed toxicants from the environment and lost certain solutes which are more readily soluble than the others changing the electrolyte profile like many mined rock salts do.
"
Salt_heavy_metal_comparison2_1500x.png

"

I just want a source of salt from a pure natural water source. Or spring water bottled in lead free glass at this point. Maybe it's cheaper than spending the time researching this.

artist

So she went from 110 to 125. If she also went from age 20 to age 30 I'd say there's nothing remarkable or pathological about that change. If she wants to maintain 110 she will have to go to special lengths like eating a high protein diet, maintaining muscle mass, doing various things to keep her metabolism extra high etc. 110 doesn't come for free lol.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

So she went from 110 to 125. If she also went from age 20 to age 30 I'd say there's nothing remarkable or pathological about that change. If she wants to maintain 110 she will have to go to special lengths like eating a high protein diet, maintaining muscle mass, doing various things to keep her metabolism extra high etc. 110 doesn't come for free lol.
"over the last year"
That's one year, not ten.

Healthseeker

A very good female friend of mine has gotten increasingly fat over the last year.

What strikes me is that her food intake and exercise have both remained almost identical.
She doesn't have any added stess compared to before. She eats some bread and some starch, very little PUFA, some dairy, meat.
I told her to get some bloods done: all thyroid hormones are in check, e2 and progesterone in check.
She has basically gone from 50kg to 57kg. It looks mostly like water weight and inflammation, although I could be wrong.

She complains from fatigue, getting up in the morning has gotten increasingly difficult.
Her digestion has become very bad too, she is constantly bloated.

I had her try progesterone cream for 2 weeks, but it only made her slightly depressed with no clear change on her weight.
Gave her B vitamins for a few months, no change.

1) would it be worth having her try thyroid hormones eventhough bloodwork is in check?

2) would it be worth having her try antibiotics for her digestive issues?
My answer is carbs and denile is what makes woman fat. All the basic stuff, soda pop and everything is some kind of pasta or bread.
Other than that, yeah an antibiotic would be worth a shot if she's acting sick. Antibiotics typically strengthen the body in the short term. That's why they put on them that they interfere with birth control

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals