What do yall think of Ketoconazole?

Jack Earth

It's never discussed here. I've seen many posters here follow elephantos protocol and list keto shampoo and people here will discuss all the supplements they are taking, but not a word about the nizoral.
I wonder how much of elephantos results had to do with the ketoconazole.

boris

Extremely toxic.

„The severity of the liver injury from ketoconazole ranges from mild and transient enzyme elevations (Case 1) to symptomatic acute liver injury with jaundice (Case 2), to severe hepatitis and acute liver failure (Case 4), resulting in death or need for emergency liver transplantation.“

I'm going to be somewhat less alarmist and say that while I do think the absorption when used as a shampoo is very minimal. If made into an ethanolic solution and left on the scalp for longer... can be absorbed somewhat more extensively and here I noticed symptoms of tiredness and brain fog, concurrent with the androgen deprivation.

It's a fairly common medication that people on hair loss forums use for years. I believe the liver toxicity is primarily related to the oral formulation which you definitely won't be using for hair loss anyway.

johnysummer

Back when my scalp was inflamed I think the shampoo helped. If you dont have any itchiness, dandruff etc it wont do much. I remember tho that the days I used it I felt kind of weird (I am suspecting decresed 5-ar activity) but I definetely helped with itchiness, excesive sebum etc. I used it 4-5 times in total every 10 days or so and thats it.

OP
J

Jack Earth

Back when my scalp was inflamed I think the shampoo helped. If you dont have any itchiness, dandruff etc it wont do much. I remember tho that the days I used it I felt kind of weird (I am suspecting decresed 5-ar activity) but I definetely helped with itchiness, excesive sebum etc. I used it 4-5 times in total every 10 days or so and thats it.
In other words every other day. The problem with huge stacks/protocols is you cant know for sure what is producing the results

boris

What about from 1% shampoo?

No idea to be honest. The ketoconazole shampoos I know of have toxic penetration enhancers like PEG-120 and other harmful substances. Ketoconazole is a known anti androgen, too. It's something I would never use again.

I bought it a few times when I was younger because a pharmacist recommended it to me, but I never did the whole course. Always felt weird after 1-2 uses and instinctively left it.

Last edited:

johnysummer

In other words every other day. The problem with huge stacks/protocols is you cant know for sure what is producing the results
No not every other day. Once every 10 days with 5 times in total. It does not produce significant results. I just helps you get out of the inflamed state while working on things systemically.

golder

There is nothing confusing about my statement.
I’ve been using ketoconazole shampoo a few times a week as it seems to make my scalp a bit less inflamed and slows fungal overgrowth. Your comment about the toxicity has me slightly concerned, could you explain a little bit more about that?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals