Vitamin D3 main ingredient in Rat Poison? A bad supp?

Peater

If you don't tolerate vit D3 supplementation then so be it (I am actually one of those, oral D3 gives me unrelenting insomnia).

I ended up getting that too from regular daily 10000IU doses. Took me a while to work out what was causing it. I take it less often now.

Jessie

I ended up getting that too from regular daily 10000IU doses. Took me a while to work out what was causing it. I take it less often now.
I think it might be related to oral supplements being a fat-soluble version of the nutrient. The stuff we get from the sun is water soluble. Clearly makes a difference for me. I can be out in the sun all day, and usually I will sleep really good.

The solution to hypervitaminosis A is getting rid of it through the bile and poop. And it can take a long time depending on how high your preformed vitamin A intake was in the past.
The solution to hypervitaminosis A is getting drunk everyday. Alcoholics routinely found to have Vit A deficiency. If someone asks you why you're shitface drunk at 11am just tell him "I'm doing retinol depletion program".

Jessie

The solution to hypervitaminosis A is getting drunk everyday. Alcoholics routinely found to have Vit A deficiency. If someone asks you why you're shitface drunk at 11am just tell him "I'm doing retinol depletion program".
That's probably because vitamin A is crucial for liver health and protects from liver disease. Drinking the alcohol, which is a hepatic toxin, likely taps the A reserves (and probably choline reserves, too) and you use them up faster.

Peatress

if i take a high dose like 8k or 10k it happense within 10 minutes.

if i take 500-1000 per day it happense within a week or two.
I've not heard of such a reaction before. Thanks for sharing. When this happened did you check your blood levels of D and calcium?

Ben.

I've not heard of such a reaction before. Thanks for sharing. When this happened did you check your blood levels of D and calcium?

It is odd indeed. I wish i wouldve found more people with such a response. Only found one person on a lyme reddit post who experiences something similar.

I've only tried measuring 25-OH and regardless of what i do it stays around 17-20 ng/ml over the cause of 2 years + experimentation including artificial light, natural sun bathing and supplementation. I have no reference measuring since i only ever started testing or supplementing after i already got chronicly ill. Very important to note aswell is that ever since that insect bite i also lost the ability to tan. I used to get brown very very quickly. Now i look like a malnutritioned corpse ever since.

That reddit guys explanation was something like this :

Lyme can also block conversion of vitamin D in the kidneys, which in turn has a knock on effect to your immune system.

So yeah lyme can knock out the VDR (vitamin D receptor) using these ligands that slide inside the VDR, the space in which normal vitamin D molecules should be going in to.

Since the VDR is at the heart of the innate immune system, bacteria can survive by discovering how to disable it through a variety of different actions. Actions accumulate and are more powerful than individual actions. In keeping with evolutionary theory, a growing number of substances and species have been shown to downregulate the activity of the VDR, one of which is Borrelia burgdorferi. Live Borrelia burgdorferi reduced VDR expression in monocytes (phagocytes) by 50 times, and lysates (“dead” Borrelia) reduced it by 8 times 11)

• 8) Human Tick-Borne Diseases in Australia., Dehhaghi M, Kazemi Shariat Panahi H, Holmes EC, Hudson BJ, Schloeffel R, Guillemin GJ, Front Cell Infect Microbiol9p3(2019)
  • 9) Microbial manipulation of receptor crosstalk in innate immunity. Hajishengallis G, Lambris JD, Nat Rev Immunol11p187-200(2011 Mar)

Apparantly also fungi can mess with it :

Gliotoxin, a virulence factor and mycotoxin of fungi (20). Gliotoxins are produced by numerous fungi. Though the study cited identified gliotoxin release from aspergillus fumigatus, it is known that gliotoxins can also be produced by penicillium and trichoderma

If vitamin d issues realy come from being in not enough sun then going into the sun or supplementing + cofactors should resolve the issues quickly. If it is an actual severe systemic infection or sever organ issues i dont think supplementing will help if it leads to such severe symptoms. Especially if it continues to stay low in the face of cofactor supplementation such as boron.

It also made me wonder if boron supplementation raising vitamin d is actually occuring due to its very effective antifungal action. Fungi i do consider more and more as a severe underlying issue in a significant portion of chronic illness sufferers.

Peatress

Thanks @Ben. This is fascinating. I will look into it as my levels have been falling for the past 2 years. I bought a book about Lyme disease (Bitten - The Secret History of Lyme Disease and Biological Weapons by Kris Newby) but I haven't read it yet.

pondering

Couldn’t help but look into this, and came upon this paper:

“Thus ethanol, while promoting a deficiency of vitamin A also enhances its toxicity as well as that of β-carotene. This narrowing of the therapeutic window for retinol and β-carotene must be taken into account when formulating treatments aimed at correcting vitamin A deficiency, especially in drinking populations.”

Alcohol, vitamin A, and β-carotene: adverse interactions, including hepatotoxicity and carcinogenicity

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals