Vitamin D increases Testosterone via increasing steroidogenic enzyme

Mauritio

"...VD3/VDR had a positive regulatory effect on Cyp11a1 expression and testosterone secretion. VDR promotes testosterone synthesis in male mice by up-regulating Cyp11a1 expression, which played an important role for male reproduction.

..."Cyp11a1 was mainly expressed in testis, and dominantly existed in murine Leydig cells. Furthermore, over-expression VDR and CYP11A1 significantly increased testosterone synthesis in mice Leydig cells."

--> So VD increases Pregnenolone as well since Cyp11a1/StArR is very upstream and first increases pregnenolone and then testosterone. So a topical application of vitamin D to the testicles should yield some nice steroidogenic results.
Has anybody tried that?

@Hans

TucsonJJ

"...VD3/VDR had a positive regulatory effect on Cyp11a1 expression and testosterone secretion. VDR promotes testosterone synthesis in male mice by up-regulating Cyp11a1 expression, which played an important role for male reproduction.

..."Cyp11a1 was mainly expressed in testis, and dominantly existed in murine Leydig cells. Furthermore, over-expression VDR and CYP11A1 significantly increased testosterone synthesis in mice Leydig cells."

--> So VD increases Pregnenolone as well since Cyp11a1/StArR is very upstream and first increases pregnenolone and then testosterone. So a topical application of vitamin D to the testicles should yield some nice steroidogenic results.
Has anybody tried that?

@Hans

Any thoughts on Enclomiphene? I started it recently, very slowly... 3.25mg 2X/week... no side effects so far... will up to 6.5 2X/week at some point soon... seems to be improving package heft already... I take baby aspirin a few times/day and K2 Mk4 to try to prevent estrogen issues...

@Mauritio It might work but not every day, probably 250-500ui with carrier or without...I noticed a lot of the deleterious topical Alpha tocopherol in those areas...I put it on to hydrate and it works but I had a bad general anti-androgen effect, maybe it knocked down the estrogen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals