Vitamin A

fatmaaaa16

Hi All,

I am experiencing slight pain in my upper right abdomen - guessing it’s liver related every time without fail of taking Vitamin A retinol palmitate. I do have osteoporosis (I’m 23… long story but eating disorder and amenorrhea caused this) is that related??

I have tried 1000 IU, 3000, and 8000 and it all causes the pain. The lower the dose the less pain. TUDCA reduces the pain to a mere sensation but u still find this odd. I have very bad eyesight and dandruff and can’t help but feel that I must be deficient in vitamin A, but how do I take it when it causes such a side effect ?

I take 5000-10,000 IU D3 and 15 mg K2 MK-4 daily also, so I don’t believe this issue is caused by depletion of Vitamin D3 or K2.

I take lots of vitamins supplements and minerals and quite literally, not a single one has caused this reaction. It’s a bit scary to feel something in your liver, so I would love to understand the mechanism behind why this might be happening.

Of course until then I will remove Vitamin A and take beef liver capsules for A temporarily (not sure how effective it’s gonna be however especially for dandruff).

Thanks !

DeadCatBounce

I think Vit A supplements are toxic and this is the mechanism - easy as that. Fresh beef liver on the other side is real good for the body, comes with all other minerals, vitamins etc etc. If I were you I would stop everything immediately and re-evaluate in a few weeks.

Feeling pain is a signal to stop whatever you are doing. Supplements are double edge swords and most of the times are counterproductive and unnecessary. The more supplements one takes the bigger risk to **** up something.

youngsinatra

Just stop. Nobody is deficient in vitamin A, except if you live off grains and beans like some people in developmental countries do.

If have liver pains, dandruff and eyesight problems, it indicates toxicity. I developed the worst liver pains, dandruff and blurry vision when I took lots of retinol.
This problem resolved itself on the low vitamin A diet in approximately 6 months.

Do you have yellow skin?

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

I think Vit A supplements are toxic and this is the mechanism - easy as that. Fresh beef liver on the other side is real good for the body, comes with all other minerals, vitamins etc etc. If I were you I would stop everything immediately and re-evaluate in a few weeks.

Feeling pain is a signal to stop whatever you are doing. Supplements are double edge swords and most of the times are counterproductive and unnecessary. The more supplements one takes the bigger risk to **** up something.
That’s interesting. I think u may be right as all supplements I am taking do NOT cause this. Not even when I was on amoxcillin for a tooth infection which should be more toxic than a vitamin?

I will stop the isolated Vitamin A and continue with liver. Interesting to hear the idea that it’s toxic as it’s praised especially on this forum.

I am using anti-dandruff caffeine shampoo and it does work. Probably a lot safer than something causing me liver area pain!

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

Just stop. Nobody is deficient in vitamin A, except if you live off grains and beans like some people in developmental countries do.

If have liver pains, dandruff and eyesight problems, it indicates toxicity. I developed the worst liver pains, dandruff and blurry vision when I took lots of retinol.
This problem resolved itself on the low vitamin A diet in approximately 6 months.

Do you have yellow skin?
Hi.

Very interesting. I thought it is the other way around ? Bad eyesight = Vitamin A deficiency? I assume this is too simplistic. Mainly I am taking it for dandruff seeing so many success stories from that but you’re saying u had the opposite experience?

I don’t think I have yellow skin. Especially my face - very pale and a bit pinkish (color less and sometimes I have too much redness - dark under eyes). My body skin tone is actually a bit different it’s not too red but extremely pale - I’d say leaning towards a pink undertone and very visible veins. I wouldn’t say yellow but again I could be from the eyes of someone else

DeadCatBounce

That’s interesting. I think u may be right as all supplements I am taking do NOT cause this. Not even when I was on amoxcillin for a tooth infection which should be more toxic than a vitamin?

I will stop the isolated Vitamin A and continue with liver. Interesting to hear the idea that it’s toxic as it’s praised especially on this forum.

I am using anti-dandruff caffeine shampoo and it does work. Probably a lot safer than something causing me liver area pain!
Supplements should be used to correct deficiencies. Not used as drugs everyday what many people are doing.

Even a super well studied and “safe” supplement like b1 or b3 can have adverse effects. Let alone vit A or hormones. I think many people overdo supplements and then wonder why they feel/look like ***t or get a disease.

Anything I believe that comes from a lab is potentially dangerous.

DeadCatBounce

Do you have yellow skin?
You took a retinol supplement to get those issues , right ?

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

Do you have yellow skin?
Supplements should be used to correct deficiencies. Not used as drugs everyday what many people are doing.

Even a super well studied and “safe” supplement like b1 or b3 can have adverse effects. Let alone vit A or hormones. I think many people overdo supplements and then wonder why they feel/look like ***t or get a disease.

Anything I believe that comes from a lab is potentially dangerous.
I do not take hormones and avoid herbs for this reason. However I have to say I feel much better mentally and physically (look better) since taking D3 (deficient)
MK-4 15 mg (It controls my gum pain and gets rid of bone pain).
MK-7
Vitamin C 500 mg
Glycine 3g
TUDCA 500 mg
L-Theanine (I have ADHD)
B1, R5P, NR, pantethine, ~10 mg P5P, biotin (I do not take B9 as I’m an undermethylator or B12 due to a very bad reaction)
1 drop Vit E at night
Zinc gluconate 30 mg
Liquid chlorophyll (allergies).
Bromelain for severe allergies
Magnesium Malate 200 mg
Calcium citrate 500 mg
COQ10 200 mg
Dessicated lamb Liver Heart capsules to address Anemia mainly
Aspirin 300 mg (reduces inflammation + gum pain)

Nomane Euger

hi boi,it seems that you potentially have a vitamin A deficiency considering your authoritarian start "just stop",to the OP that is just wondering about him self if he could have a vitamine A defiency,with out claiming anything about others

youngsinatra

If y‘all seriously consider vitamin A deficiency, then get a simple blood test for serum retinol and plasma zinc as low zinc can cause low serum vitamin A despite (sometimes huge) liver stores.

„At best: Test, don‘t guess, then address.“
„If it continues to hurt, then don‘t do it“

P

Peatness

Hi All,

I am experiencing slight pain in my upper right abdomen - guessing it’s liver related every time without fail of taking Vitamin A retinol palmitate. I do have osteoporosis (I’m 23… long story but eating disorder and amenorrhea caused this) is that related??

I have tried 1000 IU, 3000, and 8000 and it all causes the pain. The lower the dose the less pain. TUDCA reduces the pain to a mere sensation but u still find this odd. I have very bad eyesight and dandruff and can’t help but feel that I must be deficient in vitamin A, but how do I take it when it causes such a side effect ?

I take 5000-10,000 IU D3 and 15 mg K2 MK-4 daily also, so I don’t believe this issue is caused by depletion of Vitamin D3 or K2.

I take lots of vitamins supplements and minerals and quite literally, not a single one has caused this reaction. It’s a bit scary to feel something in your liver, so I would love to understand the mechanism behind why this might be happening.

Of course until then I will remove Vitamin A and take beef liver capsules for A temporarily (not sure how effective it’s gonna be however especially for dandruff).

Thanks !
Beef liver capsules are not safe to take. You are hurting your liver with so many supplements.

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

Beef liver capsules are not safe to take. You are hurting your liver with so many supplements.
I wish I didn’t take any. But without supplementation I am much worse. The liver I can omit; don’t think I’m feeling any results from it but just taking it in hopes of managing anemia. It is raw dessicated Icelandic lamb liver and heart capsules. I do take 500-1000 mg TUDCA in hopes of protecting my liver from all these supplements….

B

Blaze

+1........ very sound advice.

P

Peatness

This might be helpful. Covers supplements, allergies, and liver health

hierundjetzt

I do not take hormones and avoid herbs for this reason. However I have to say I feel much better mentally and physically (look better) since taking D3 (deficient)
MK-4 15 mg (It controls my gum pain and gets rid of bone pain).
MK-7
Vitamin C 500 mg
Glycine 3g
TUDCA 500 mg
L-Theanine (I have ADHD)
B1, R5P, NR, pantethine, ~10 mg P5P, biotin (I do not take B9 as I’m an undermethylator or B12 due to a very bad reaction)
1 drop Vit E at night
Zinc gluconate 30 mg
Liquid chlorophyll (allergies).
Bromelain for severe allergies
Magnesium Malate 200 mg
Calcium citrate 500 mg
COQ10 200 mg
Dessicated lamb Liver Heart capsules to address Anemia mainly
Aspirin 300 mg (reduces inflammation + gum pain)
Those are a lot of supplements you are taking. I would be a bit concerned about all the possible experiments, additives etc (such as microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide etc) you would be taking on a daily basis.

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

I wish I didn’t take any. But without them I am MUCH worse?
Those are a lot of supplements you are taking. I would be a bit concerned about all the possible experiments, additives etc (such as microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide etc) you would be taking on a daily basis.
Not gonna lie additives are the main fear of mine. I am trying to take ones that don’t have additives. Have some success.

What would you say is maybe the safest of the above supplements from your point of view ?

I have mental health issues (extreme emotionality - reactivity - impulsive) so I take all this because I have no clue how else to manage my symptoms honestly.

pharmaceuticaks have been nothing but hell for me, so this seems my best viable option …. I plan to stop but when I don’t know

hierundjetzt

Not gonna lie additives are the main fear of mine. I am trying to take ones that don’t have additives. Have some success.

What would you say is maybe the safest of the above supplements from your point of view ?

I have mental health issues (extreme emotionality - reactivity - impulsive) so I take all this because I have no clue how else to manage my symptoms honestly.

pharmaceuticaks have been nothing but hell for me, so this seems my best viable option …. I plan to stop but when I don’t know
I basically stopped most supplements because I was getting allergic reactions to the additives. Pure powders or liquids may still be an option.
I am sorry I cannot answer your question since I have never suffered the same issues as you.

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

I basically stopped most supplements because I was getting allergic reactions to the additives. Pure powders or liquids may still be an option.
I am sorry I cannot answer your question since I have never suffered the same issues as you.
It’s ok. I believe I am also absolutely getting allergic reactions to certain additives in supplements. It may sound funny but I take extra Bromelain and Zinc to manage the extra allergies due to this.

I’ve ordered a few pure powders but as you know not all supplements can be found additive free.

why were you taking supplements and how are you doing now that you’re taking none? What allergic reactions did you get ?

DeadCatBounce

Have you tried Lithium ? Curious whether it helps with impulsivity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals