The Physiological Action of Massage

miquelangeles

physiological-action-massage.jpg

Mauritio

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Nice! Very interesting to me as a physical therapist.
Which body part are they massing though?
I remember reading a study that showed pro metabolic effects of massages.

Directly on the area corresponding to each organ - stomach, liver, chorda tympani, lumbar region, testicles.

carlo-colombo-1.jpg

These books have some interesting parts as well:

massotherapeutics.jpg

akgrrrl

Nice. I will be seeking some of those old texts for my physio-library.
Thanks man

EustaceBagge

Bodybuilder Serge Nubret said that situps massaged the organs. So I guess the massage can be replaced with some easy version of situps where you use your arms to assist the movement.

Makrosky

Doesn't surprise me. I find simple physical contact with someone you care/trust and is genuine to be highly de-stressant. And I don't mean contact with sexual connotations.

Imagine what a targeted massage can do.

Underestimated "tool".

@ecstatichamster you might like this thread.

Last edited:

Ismail

Doesn't surprise me. I find simple physical contact with someone you care/trust and is genuine to be highly de-stressant. And I don't mean contact with sexual connotations.
100% agree with this! I found the same thing to happen, it feels as if the "stress" is being sucked out of your body (for me it feels as though the upper shoulders/trap/neck area becomes "de-stressed").

This thread is super interesting, I came across some info a while back about liver massages for NAFLD - I think it was by Ben Lynch, but not 100% sure - need to try and find it to complement this thread.

golder

Bodybuilder Serge Nubret said that situps massaged the organs. So I guess the massage can be replaced with some easy version of situps where you use your arms to assist the movement.
Great post. He’s one of my favourite bodybuilders. Can you remember where he said this I’d like to read up more, thanks!

@Ismail But how do you do that if it's just below your ribs? do you mean the meridian?

akgrrrl

Very interesting.
How did you find / come up with these books?

I guess this explains the positive effects of various hatha yoga exercises, during which you squeeze the interal organs.
Its not just movement or pressing or squeezing of organs--now we know the functions of the fascia (the thin sheet of white snappy elastic you often see over ribs or a cut of meat?) And THAT messaging throughout the body is amazing.
Anatomytrains.com

Imagine what a targeted massage can do.

Underestimated "tool".

@ecstatichamster you might like this thread.
Thank you so much — you are right, appreciate it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals