The Evidence Is Now CLEAR That Cell Phone Radiation (EMF) Causes Cancer

Logan-

Electric razors are the hardest for me to stop using. They are very convenient for hair, beard, moustache shaving.

johnsmith

Probably. Haven't read it yet, but it seems like a good place to start. If you don't wanna read, here are some other things you can do

- minimize use of your car especially if it is a newer model, opt for other forms of travel like a bike if you can
- keep cell phones away from your body, put in airplane mode or turn off as much as you can especially if you must carry it with you
- ditch microwave
- stop use of any hand-held electronic device, which includes but not limited to: electric razor, toothbrush, hair dryer...
- replace normal headphones with air tube headphones
- take barefoot walks in nature to re-establish proper frequencies in your body (aka "grounding")

Thanks, I have been meaning to look for an ankle strap holder for my cell phone, thinking that this might help keep it's EMF's further away from my organs. Maybe just putting it in my sock would work.

I definitely want to get a detector as well, it looks like Nicolas Pineault might use a Cornet ED 88T. Would you recommend this device? My understanding was that there are three main different types of EMF's and it's hard to find a device that can read more then one of these types of EMF's overly well. In other words, some people say it's best to get a device that specializes in reading just one type of EMF. Thats where I gave up, because each device averages around $200 dollars.

It looks like this Cornet device might one of the few devices that reads more then one type of EMF, decently well?

Last edited:

Cirion

I just used a cheap $20 one off amazon. I'm sure it's not the most accurate, but it at least gave me a good idea of various objects which were high/low in EMF. I may upgrade to a more expensive one later. I cannot comment on them because I don't own one.

Cirion

They're not too bad as long as you don't stand next to them while they're in use. If I have to use a microwave now I'll just turn it on and walk out of the room while it does its thing.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I value your take on things - do you think this is a major crisis? The studies and threads indicate it is. Surely making small changes won't be enough? If it were feasible, should one make dramatic changes to their life - move somewhere remote, hit the road, go offline etc?

I think it can be, depending on individual exposure levels. I would not use my cellphone to talk with the phone pressing against my ear. If I have to use it for talking at all, I would put it on speaker and keep the conversation short. When not talking on it, I would put it in a sleeve that blocks most of its EMF and then put it in my laptop bag but not carry it on me in pockets where it would be close to body. At home, I measured EMF exposure with a GQ meter and found spots where staying for more than a few minutes would definitely not be healthy, so I had to move desks and a bed to areas with less exposure. Keep in mind that many studies found health issues even with exposure levels below the "safe" limits defined by EPA. So, I would wait to see what happens after 5G adoption and if the EMF exposure at home and at work jumps by say more than 50% then it is probably time to move to a less radiated city/place.

Owen B

Here's a list of EMF meters and their applicability to different kinds of fields. And how to use the meters. News on an updated Tri-Field meter. The author goes the extra mile with information here.

Recommended List of EMF Meters and Instruments

Click on the home page too. There's a ton of good info here for anyone interested in this topic. Very knowledgeable and practical.

Cirion

Thanks for the link. I guess I need to do better than just my cheapo EMF scanner I bought if I want to look for dirty electricity, electrical fields, RF fields?

I guess this also means my house may not be as safe as I thought. It's mostly 0 mG everywhere but I guess I still have to consider the other 3 fields?

Last edited:

Owen B

This is the one I decided on. I wanted to get readings from power lines that are near my apartment and from appliances. I got it from

EMF Meters (Gauss Meters) for Measuring AC Magnetic Fields

It's the single axis digital gauss meter. $79.95 The guy there was pretty good with questions. I think it's probably a pretty good investment.

I'm looking at other things like the Stetzerizer filters but I don't want to make myself nuts over this. There's a lot to learn and I'm just trying to familiarize myself with the concepts.

Cirion

At the very least I think it's absolutely critical to make your sleeping environment safe from all forms of EMF. Other locations in your house are a nice bonus, but if you aren't even safe from EMF while sleeping you'll never be able to regenerate properly.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is the one I decided on. I wanted to get readings from power lines that are near my apartment and from appliances. I got it from

EMF Meters (Gauss Meters) for Measuring AC Magnetic Fields

It's the single axis digital gauss meter. $79.95 The guy there was pretty good with questions. I think it's probably a pretty good investment.

I'm looking at other things like the Stetzerizer filters but I don't want to make myself nuts over this. There's a lot to learn and I'm just trying to familiarize myself with the concepts.

An important quote from that link, which I mentioned earlier - i.e. the upper limits defined as "safe" by EPA/FCC and hardcoded into some EMF measuring devices are orders of magnitude higher than what is scientifically known to be safe. So, even if your meter says you are exposed to say 10 mW/m^2, which is the upper limit of "safe" exposure this is still way more than should be tolerated chronically. Brief exposure - yes. But basking in EMF all day at levels shown to fry the brains of fruit flies, nematodes, tadpoles, etc is anything but safe.
"...Secondly, the lowest number you can read on the older Tri-Field 100XE meter when measuring radio frequency fields is 0.1 milliWatts/centimeter squared. While this is 100 times lower than what the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) considers to be safe, which is 1.0 milliWatt/centimeter squared, it is equivalent to 100,000 microWatts/meter squared in the unit of measurement that most of the world and our profession uses. This level is substantially higher than what my profession and other agencies and researchers, such as reported in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, consider to be close to a safe exposure level. For us, that level is down at 10-100 microWatts/meter squared, six orders of magnatude lower than what the FCC considers to be safe, and unfortunately, three to four orders of magnitude lower than the lowest reading possible on the Tri-Field 100XE meter. See the section entitled, "The FCC Versus the Rest of the World" in my Article on Radio Frequency EMFs page for more information."

frant26

Yet another thing to take into account in our quest to good health :(. Reading threads like this, it's easy to go on paranoid mode.

Besides the techniques of removing oneself from certain sources of EMF, @haidut do you know if a particular vitamin/substance (progesterone?) can compensate for the ill effects of the rest of (unavoidable) EMF exposure in a big city?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yet another thing to take into account in our quest to good health :(. Reading threads like this, it's easy to go on paranoid mode.

Besides the techniques of removing oneself from certain sources of EMF, @haidut do you know if a particular vitamin/substance (progesterone?) can compensate for the ill effects of the rest of (unavoidable) EMF exposure in a big city?

Yes, we mentioned this earlier in the thread. Calcium channel lockers (magnesium and others), selenium and anti-serotonin chemicals like cypro (which also happens to be a calcium blocker as well) can mitigate the damage significantly. Thyroid, progesterone and androgens may also help.

Regina

An important quote from that link, which I mentioned earlier - i.e. the upper limits defined as "safe" by EPA/FCC and hardcoded into some EMF measuring devices are orders of magnitude higher than what is scientifically known to be safe. So, even if your meter says you are exposed to say 10 mW/m^2, which is the upper limit of "safe" exposure this is still way more than should be tolerated chronically. Brief exposure - yes. But basking in EMF all day at levels shown to fry the brains of fruit flies, nematodes, tadpoles, etc is anything but safe.
"...Secondly, the lowest number you can read on the older Tri-Field 100XE meter when measuring radio frequency fields is 0.1 milliWatts/centimeter squared. While this is 100 times lower than what the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) considers to be safe, which is 1.0 milliWatt/centimeter squared, it is equivalent to 100,000 microWatts/meter squared in the unit of measurement that most of the world and our profession uses. This level is substantially higher than what my profession and other agencies and researchers, such as reported in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, consider to be close to a safe exposure level. For us, that level is down at 10-100 microWatts/meter squared, six orders of magnatude lower than what the FCC considers to be safe, and unfortunately, three to four orders of magnitude lower than the lowest reading possible on the Tri-Field 100XE meter. See the section entitled, "The FCC Versus the Rest of the World" in my Article on Radio Frequency EMFs page for more information."
so what would they consider to be a safe magnetic field reading in milligauss? thx!

Cirion

From an earlier link...

Generally speaking, the safe levels we try to achieve are less than:
  • 1.0 milliGauss (mG) for AC magnetic fields
  • 100 milliVolts (mV) for AC electric fields
  • 10 microWatts/meter squared (uW/m2) for radio frequencies while you sleep (I was also taught to try to get clients below 100 uW/m2 in the daytime)
  • 25-50 Graham-Stetzer Units (GSU) for "dirty electricity"

http://www.createhealthyhomes.com/richtwerte-2015-englisch.pdf

Last edited:

DaveFoster

I am almost certain I can tell if my cellphone is sending data non stop. It triggers headache within minutes. Will do a blind study with my gf soon.
Can't stop laughing when I hear "smart" people tell me it can't be harmful because it's non ionizing radiation.
"This is just a digital X-ray! There's not enough radiation to cause harm. It's not much more than when you're flying in an airplane!"

I wonder how the dentist would feel about putting a plastic bag over his head, sealing it at the neck and then pouring a couple liters of water with a chlorine tablet through a hole in the top .

It's only one tablet after all. If you swim in pools regularly, you're exposed to dozens every year!

Logan-

Do you guys care about your cell phone's SAR value? Do you check this when you are buying a cell phone?

Owen B

I'm going with the standards that the guy at "Create Healthy Homes" used quoted above.

He's a professional with a good knowledge base plus a good practical sense of the kinds of effects his customers face.

He said AC overstimulation wears one out, while magnetic overstimulation wears one down. I have a flat screen TV I can just manage to get far enough away from. As soon as I turn it on my heart starts racing and soon I get drowsy and actually fall asleep. Magnetic fields.

As far as the whole issue of paranoia and making ourselves crazy over the whole issue, is it better to know about what's going on or not know? What would make me crazy is knowing there was a problem but then not knowing if there was something I could do about it. Or worse, knowing there was a problem and knowing there was nothing I could do. But at least I knew the risks. There are things that one can do even if one has identified a problem. But you have to know you have the problem.

There are situations that one cannot really do a lot about. Power line effects are really strong. But again you have to know about them. And it's really not just about my reactions. It's a collective problem. A public health problem. You can't really stick your head in the sand about this.

I once lived in an apartment that was about a quarter of a mile away from power lines that ran along a RR right of way. I saw them and registered them but I thought I would be far enough away. Before too long I noticed intense agitation and a racing heart. It disappeared when I left for the day and came back when I returned. People I talked to in the neighborhood all seemed tense and agitated, in a kind of a huff. The couple who lived above me fought all the time. I packed up and moved. It was pretty clear it wasn't just me or that I was making it up or being paranoid. Shouldn't everyone else in the area been made aware of the issue and what the risks are?

The Stetzerizer stuff is real. If you have a lot of power switching devices in your house or apt, like CFLs, TVs, computers, dimmer switches or if you live near a cell tower you should know. And so should the public. All that switching causes spikes on the neutral return wires that they can't contain. Even if you don't have a lot of those kinds of devices, other people in your apt or in neighboring houses have them and the spiked current will jump from apt to apt or from house to house. Utility companies are well aware of the problem. But the public isn't. And at least here one can do something about the problem. Those spikes can be measured by monitors and one can install filters that will calm the spikes down.

The guy at CreateHealthyHomes thinks that this kind of pollution is not as serious as other kinds but read the literature yourself and see what you think.

http://www.stetzerelectric.com/

There are some very good research studies there.

I'm just taking my time with this and learning what kind of reality I'm facing with this stuff so I can gauge my risks and take whatever steps I'm able to take.

I thought that getting that single axis digital gauss meter was a good investment that I could use in a lot of different ways now and in the future.

Owen B

I messed that post up somehow. My whole post ended up in the reply section. Just expand it.

Owen B

And I just caught Haidut's reply about the limits. That is a factor. I wonder what the guy at lessemf.com thinks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals