Terrible cravings for sugar after every meal

Vins7

Why do I always crave something sweet, with sugar after my meals? I don't go overboard on protein and eat a carbohydrate source at every meal but still I crave sugar.
It's like I can't live without sugary things like jam, honey, chocolate, sugar. Even sometimes after eating various things with sugar I still want to eat it.

Is it something physical or rather psychological? If I don't eat anything, I don't have the need, but if I make a meal with a source of animal protein + starch or starch and fruit, then I crave the sugar.

I've been like this for a long time and it frustrates me.

Although sugar is not the devil, it is a food without nutrition and I feel that everyday I end up consuming a lot of white sugar. I have tried to eat more fruit after meals but it fills me up a lot until the sugar craving is gone, too much fiber, the juice after the meal just does not appeal to me, it is too liquid, it also ends up filling me a lot like milk.

Has anyone experienced something similar or could they advise me or explain why it occurred to me? Is it simply psychological? Could it be due to a possible dysbiosis?

DKayJoe

Do you feel you're struggling with your health? If not is this a problem?

Also regarding the fact that sugar has little nutritional value if you are satisfying your nutrition anyway does it matter? You say you crave it after meals, are you not just providing your body with supplemental energy to use?

gaze

i used to get this after a high insulin meal. try adding more fat to the starch, and have some sugar along side the meal. once you make the meal more balanced and less extreme you won't have a craving afterword

PurpleHeart

I used to get that as a kid, eating a lot of animal flesh satiates me enough to not want anything else, actually eating enough animal flesh is a really underrated thing but for me it works wonders,

I believe this sugar cravings to be cannabinoid dependent.

Are you eating enough calories? Sugar is probably the easiest to digest energy source, so, if the body is craving calories, then it makes sense it is going to go for something sugary. You can put your diet on Cronometer and see if you're reaching a normal caloric intake. It's easy to under-eat, especially if the person isn't eating a lot of fat( say 150+ grams a day).

If you want something sweet after eating, but don't want to eat refined sugar, you could try to stick with just honey. It has antioxidants, lowers lactate, can help against fungi, has some boron and manganese etc. It's also a quite natural food. Humans have been eating it for a long time, and hunter gatherers eat it whenever they can find it. Other animals such as bears and honey badgers eat honey and remain healthy. As long as you're getting your nutrition from whole foods such as dairy, meat, fruit, tubers etc., adding some honey to satiation should be fine.

Tarmander

Whenever I take a lot of insulin for a meal, even if I don't get a blood sugar spike, this happens.

OP
V

Vins7

Do you feel you're struggling with your health? If not is this a problem?

Also regarding the fact that sugar has little nutritional value if you are satisfying your nutrition anyway does it matter? You say you crave it after meals, are you not just providing your body with supplemental energy to use?
I'm struggling with my health, I hace symptoms of los metabolism (low libido, cold hands and feet, abdominal bloating everyday), all of these symptoms for 4-5 years.

I think that my micronutrient intake could be better.

OP
V

Vins7

i used to get this after a high insulin meal. try adding more fat to the starch, and have some sugar along side the meal. once you make the meal more balanced and less extreme you won't have a craving afterword
What is a high insulin meal? Rich in animal protein or rich in starch?
I add a good amount of fat in every meal.

SamuraiJack

I struggled with the same issue you're going through right now. Seems like a mixture of insulin resistance along with micronutrient deficiency. More emphasis on the latter.
Your body isn't utilising the sugar well. Don't jump on the more sugar, more thyroid bandwagon, although right now you'll need more sugar - once the body can regulate and use it, you can demolish the cravings and do with less.
Take the following, they all help with sugar utilisation.
Magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, chromium (food based) and a b complex (nutritional yeast).
Are you currently taking any of these?
This is a big step in the right direction.

SamuraiJack

Could also be harboring a lot of fungi, candida that are consuming it, not letting you take it for yourself. Just take a little borax, iodine. If you get die off symptoms, you've killed something that shouldn't be there.

OP
V

Vins7

Could also be harboring a lot of fungi, candida that are consuming it, not letting you take it for yourself. Just take a little borax, iodine. If you get die off symptoms, you've killed something that shouldn't be there.
I think fungus overgrowth could be the cause, I have chronic abdominal bloating.
I'm gonna try borax or iodine? Some advices for taking It? Dosis, suplement, etc?

OP
V

Vins7

Are you eating enough calories? Sugar is probably the easiest to digest energy source, so, if the body is craving calories, then it makes sense it is going to go for something sugary. You can put your diet on Cronometer and see if you're reaching a normal caloric intake. It's easy to under-eat, especially if the person isn't eating a lot of fat( say 150+ grams a day).

If you want something sweet after eating, but don't want to eat refined sugar, you could try to stick with just honey. It has antioxidants, lowers lactate, can help against fungi, has some boron and manganese etc. It's also a quite natural food. Humans have been eating it for a long time, and hunter gatherers eat it whenever they can find it. Other animals such as bears and honey badgers eat honey and remain healthy. As long as you're getting your nutrition from whole foods such as dairy, meat, fruit, tubers etc., adding some honey to satiation should be fine.
I eat 2000-2200 calories everyday (1,77m 60kg), i'm not limiting sugar or fat, I have been eating all I want for last year, maybe un the past I was undereating but I hace chronic belly bloating too. I eat meat, cheese, spelt sourdough bread, milk, fruit, sugar, butter, olive oil everyday.

I would guess it means you aren’t digesting your food well. It is taking so much energy to digest that your body is asking for quick fuel to help it along. Maybe low stomach acid? Maybe try drinking an espresso right after and see if that helps. It might give you an energy boost for digesting.

My weird thing is that whenever I wake from a nap I am starving and low blood sugar. No matter if I eat right before or only sleep 5-15 mins.

mipp

I've had this for a long time as well. It could be insulin related, but in my experience eating according to low glycemic index isn't helping at all. if anything, it makes the cravings worse. A mixed meal of meat, starch and fat can be especially bad in this regard even though it doesn't spike my glucose that much. Conversly, a big serving of cooked starch can give me bg readings in the diabetic range shortly after the meal but without the strong desire to eat chocolate.
One other thing that could be a factor is the B-vitamins in some foods (like meat) which supposedly stimulate appetite. Especially when combined with insulin resistance.

OP
V

Vins7

Como 2000-2200 calorías todos los días, mando no estoy limitando el azúcar o la grasa, he estado comiendo todo lo que quiero durante el año pasado, tal vez en el pasado comía poco, pero también tengo hinchazón crónica del vientre. Como carne, queso, pan de masa madre de espelta, leche, fruta, azúcar, mantequilla, aceite de oliva todos los días.
Mi peso es de 60 kg y mi
I've had this for a long time as well. It could be insulin related, but in my experience eating according to low glycemic index isn't helping at all. if anything, it makes the cravings worse. A mixed meal of meat, starch and fat can be especially bad in this regard even though it doesn't spike my glucose that much. Conversly, a big serving of cooked starch can give me bg readings in the diabetic range shortly after the meal but without the strong desire to eat chocolate.
One other thing that could be a factor is the B-vitamins in some foods (like meat) which supposedly stimulate appetite. Especially when combined with insulin resistance.
Did you fix It?
Did you check in your personal case what it is due to? What do you do then? are most of your foods mostly starch?

mipp

Did you fix It?
Did you check in your personal case what it is due to? What do you do then? are most of your foods mostly starch?

I'm trying to eat a starch based, low fat diet (this time also low protein, at least temporarily) and this is one of the things I noticed. Sugar cravings are virtually absent, even when I'm hungry. it's too early to tell if this can work long term or fix anything. My previous attempts with very low fat eating weren't very successful.
I suspect I may have some degree of insulin resistance or problems with glucose regulation which I probably had most of my life and I'm on my way to diabetes. My father is t2 diabetic and he also craves sugary foods non stop.

Insulin resistance could cause high blood sugar and low intracellular sugar.

S-VV

I think it's a way to provide quick energy for the digestive process. I get it from a starch +fat/protein meal

GreekDemiGod

I eat 2000-2200 calories everyday (1,77m 60kg), i'm not limiting sugar or fat, I have been eating all I want for last year, maybe un the past I was undereating but I hace chronic belly bloating too. I eat meat, cheese, spelt sourdough bread, milk, fruit, sugar, butter, olive oil everyday.
I think you are a bit underweight.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals