Staying In The Tropics Vs Going Back To The US

freyasam

I have ME/CFS. I have followed Ray's nutritional principles for six years and lived in Mexico on and off for a few years. I continue to get worse. I have asked Ray several times about this illness and he never responds.

Since ME was covered up by the CDC and public health agencies have denied it, ignored it, dismissed it and refuse to research it despite it being more debilitating and common than MS and sometimes AIDS, it surprises me that he doesn't want to even touch it.

redsun

I have ME/CFS. I have followed Ray's nutritional principles for six years and lived in Mexico on and off for a few years. I continue to get worse. I have asked Ray several times about this illness and he never responds.

Since ME was covered up by the CDC and public health agencies have denied it, ignored it, dismissed it and refuse to research it despite it being more debilitating and common than MS and sometimes AIDS, it surprises me that he doesn't want to even touch it.

Well the nutritional principles you are following than are not working for you. You probably need to change things to actually figure out what it is that is going to help CFS.

lampofred

No guess as to why he doesn't respond to you, but I remember him writing about CFS a few times. Chronic low calcium/vitamin D, excess water and phosphate, exposure to dietary legumes, low sugar and high FFA. It sounds like an advanced version of depression, milder version of cancer, with extreme vitamin D deficiency and hypothyroidism/estrogen excess leading to excess FFA and an overload of water and phosphate.

Maybe check out Jeff Bowles' books on vitamin D and consider adding gelatin and salt, and restricting fluids, and taking thyroxin + aspirin to lower FFA and raise adrenaline sensitivity.

Last edited:

Elize

Mold exposure could also be an issue in tropical climate. That would worsen CFS.

BearWithMe

Some great advice in this thread. Have nothing to add to the topic, just want to wish you the best of luck with your recovery <3

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

I too have asked him about this condition.I think that this is one that he doesn't know about. Most Doctors are probably unaware of this condition.

I am grateful that he has answered other questions though

Nonetheless,it's good that there are resources like phoenixrisingforum.com where people wth this condition have found some helpful things

I think it can be good to experiment with different types of diet,supplements, pharmacueticals under a doctor's supervision

I think that environment is important to a degree that there is not lots of air pollution,noise pollution, EMR

Though i believe that the suggestions of Dr.Kruse to be in tropics is not Necessary for most.

I am between the near the 21st latitude in Chelem near Progresso

I think being in the high 20's low 30s would be better this time of the year.

The rest may be addressing better nutrition,supplements that help Kreb Cycle,and pharmaceuticals that can help manage symptoms

peateats1

Ive been bed ridden at times from fatigue and other times it was not quite as bad, but was still too tired to be very active.

Recently my fatigue was from endotoxin and bacterial overgrowth in my intestines. Hydrogen sulfide made by bacteria can poison mitochondria and cause chronic fatigue. When I took antibiotics I was like a brand new person.

Also, last year I was unable to be very physically active and a simple walk would tire me easily. What fixed that was pregnenolone at 100mg per day. I was unsuspectedly hypothyroid though, so it was probably hypo causing low pregnenolone that was contributing to fatigue at that time.

Other things that have helped me and that ray recommended for mitochondrial energy production were b1, b2, coq10, vitamin k, and selenium.

Like others have mentioned, I would stay away from starch(especially beans), up your calcium, get plenty of magnesium and other vitamins listed, lower pufa intake, try thyroid and maybe pregnenolone and/or progesterone.

laleto12

Ive been bed ridden at times from fatigue and other times it was not quite as bad, but was still too tired to be very active.

Recently my fatigue was from endotoxin and bacterial overgrowth in my intestines. Hydrogen sulfide made by bacteria can poison mitochondria and cause chronic fatigue. When I took antibiotics I was like a brand new person.

Also, last year I was unable to be very physically active and a simple walk would tire me easily. What fixed that was pregnenolone at 100mg per day. I was unsuspectedly hypothyroid though, so it was probably hypo causing low pregnenolone that was contributing to fatigue at that time.

Other things that have helped me and that ray recommended for mitochondrial energy production were b1, b2, coq10, vitamin k, and selenium.

Like others have mentioned, I would stay away from starch(especially beans), up your calcium, get plenty of magnesium and other vitamins listed, lower pufa intake, try thyroid and maybe pregnenolone and/or progesterone.

Hi, I am happy for you :)
I think I have the same issue that you mentioned first. Endotoxin and bacterial overgrowth is slowly but surely is taking over my life. However, my problem is not energy but other things like skin issues, mood issues and bloating, constipation etc.

Which antibiotic did you take and for how long/dosage ? I really want to try antibiotics because other things that are recommended does not work. Thanks.

peateats1

Hi, I am happy for you :)
I think I have the same issue that you mentioned first. Endotoxin and bacterial overgrowth is slowly but surely is taking over my life. However, my problem is not energy but other things like skin issues, mood issues and bloating, constipation etc.

Which antibiotic did you take and for how long/dosage ? I really want to try antibiotics because other things that are recommended does not work. Thanks.

I used Azythromycin for a week, and doxycycline and minocycline for about a month. The azythromycin is much stronger than the doxy and mino but it can cause heart problems so I don't know if I'd use it long term.

Somewhere on this forum I saw that Ray recommended amoxicillin and minocycline for sibo. Those are both tetracyclines and are supposed to be pretty safe.

D

danishispsychic

hmmm. at least in mexico you can get meds and parasite killers and thyroid = i would follow danny roddy diet that he does in mexico. im with the crowd above that does not think it is the emf thing. def could be endotoxins, parasites, mineral deficiencies. all the peaty things. take a look at this blog - she has the best home parasite killer herbal recipe out there and she talks about cfs and lyme. Real Food Rebel she is in mexico as well. i vote for staying in mexico and working on yourself. no drugs,( except may parasite meds, all herbs and food.)

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Thanks for the input and insights guys

Spaghetti
White bread
Rice
Boiled potatoes

No good?

boris

Peat recommends to eat starch with fat (like butter or coconut oil) and fiber (for example potato peel).

-Boiled potatoes can be good, especially because of the good protein
-White Rice too since it digest well and doesn't irritate for many
-Tacos/tortillas from nixtamilized corn are easy to digest and nutritious, but not available everywhere

I would avoid:
-Bread of any kind. There is such a thing as good bread which is either sourdoughed or even made with soaked grains, but you'd probably have to make it yourself. I have never seen such a bread at a store.
-Pasta

Personally, I do best without starch, or only as a "treat". Tapering off with potatoes and rice was no problem for me. When you're at that point it's easy to test how you do without them by replacing the starch with carbs from fruit and juices (and maybe some sugar and honey).

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Appreciate it Boris

Just look for a simple diet that doesn't cause alot of brain fog and body fatigue which are the two main symptoms

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Beef, seafood, fruit.

boris

@Davsey85 In regards to the cooking with olive oil I just saw this:

"Martin Grootveld, a professor of bioanalytical chemistry and chemical pathology, said that his research showed “a typical meal of fish and chips”, fried in vegetable oil, contained as much as 100 to 200 times more toxic aldehydes than the safe daily limit set by the World Health Organisation."

"...In contrast, heating up butter, olive oil and lard in tests produced much lower levels of aldehydes. Coconut oil produced the lowest levels of the harmful chemicals.

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Appreciate it Boris

How about the metals in white rice?

Had some white rice in salsa,with some sardines and some lactose free milk,some popcorn cooked in olive oil ,apple and tomatoe in a blender

Last edited:

Birdie

Rinsing the rice until the water coming out is clear is thought to help with the arsenic. When I spent time looking into it I found recommendations for buying Lundberg white medium grain, I think, from California.

The small packages are from CA, but the larger packages are from the midwest if I remember right. I'd look it up if I were you. It's been several years since I studied it. I buy sushi and arborio rice by L.

If anyone knows better I'd be glad to hear it.

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Thanks Birdie,

I hear you on the passport expiring

I had an emotional time couple days ago with

My passport expiring and then losing my

Debit card.Triggered Crash

Then I ordered a new one.

I thought that hy staying in bed for several hours today it would help.Then I started to walk to the store and still felt that my limbs were heavy and some weakness.Heightened awareness,sensory overload from dogs barking.Just took a klonopin

Benzos seem to be the only thing that help during a crash

I dont have a cough or fever just muscle fatigue.

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Guys i have had my toenails starting to go
Bad about 6 months ago.I saw a podiatrist and I think he may have mentioned fungal infection.Gave me a cream instead of pills.I took it for a few days then stopped taking it as I got lazy.Could this be contributing to CFS?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals