Stac3y's Log

Stac3y

So here we go. I am an ex-Atkins dieter with uncontrolled weight gain and extreme exhaustion. To prepare for peating, I have started using hormone free skim milk (which has more sugar in one cup than I would eat in a day), I have had some fruit, and raw carrots. I am also eating popcorn popped with coconut oil. I am not eating huge amounts of sugar because I am using 2 types of sugar as dietary supplements (ribose and inositol). Hypoglycemia is a problem for me--even this morning I had to run down stairs upon waking and have a snack because of a low blood sugar attack. I am going for the extremely low fat plan for 3 months to try to eliminate PUFAS as much as possible. I anticipate these being difficult months, so I will likely increase my NDT as necessary. My diet is basically 2 salads with chicken breast a day plus whatever I have energy to cook for dinner. I know that chicken is not very Peat, but I have found that it sustains me more than anything else. Also I am concerned about the quality of shrimp and oysters given the present pollution of the oceans. Here are my supplements:

Thyroid-S
Lugol's Solution
Coffee
Zinc
Magnesium citrate
vitamin D3
Natrol Multi Vitamin
Wild Yam
Progesterone Cream
Inositol
Ribose
Gelatin
Probiotic
2 cloves of fresh garlic daily
organic unpasteurized apple cider vinegar

My goal is to be able to habitually consume fruit, without the sugar overwhelming me. I would also like to have the energy to do a few chores when I get off of work. Presently, I get home eat and turn the lights off my 8 pm. I would also like to lose 15 lbs I gained as my health spiraled out of control. Last weigh in, I was 168 lbs at 5'7". I have usually maintained 145 to 150 lbs, so I am not talking about a dramatic shift, just to get me back in the pants I was able to wear a year ago.

tara

Hi Stac3y,

I think your plan to keep fat low and gradually increase sugar has theoretical potential, though I have no experience with your situation.

If I were you, I'd probably start out by trying small amounts of juice or milk (eg 50 - 100ml) at very frequent intervals, eg very half hour or hour through the day, and see how that works. Or alternate milk and eating asome fruit. Probably worth rinsing your mouth out with water at least afterwards whenever you can for your teeth's sake. And I'd have a cup/bottle of juice or milk by the bed, so I could drink some before getting up in the morning if needed, and in the night if you wake up and have trouble getting back to sleep. And make sure to have some juice or fruit any time you are eating protein - chicken, gelatin etc, and coffee if it works for you.

If you are really enjoying your pop corn, or it makes you feel good, I'm not going to try to talk you out of it. But otherwise it may not be adding much value to your diet, compared with fruit or milk.

Depending on how much milk you manage to drink, you may want to add some extra calcium.

Don't forget to salt your food to taste.

If that wild yam progesterone cream actually has progesterone in it, rather than the yam extract that can be mused in in manufacturing progesterone, then good (depending on other ingredients). If it has wild yam extract not manufactured into progesterone, I would leave it out (diosgenin (sp?) is likely more estrogenic than progesterone-like in effects).

I would not be confident that this will result in fat loss soon (tough it could happen). If you can get it working, there is a chance it will result in eventual fat loss. But it seems many people recovering from low carb or low cal diets do gain fat in the beginning at least. Some eventually lose some of it again.

If you want to be able to assess how it's going by means other than how you feel (which you predict might be rough), you could monitor body temps and pulse at waking and a while after breakfast. I guess you will notice pretty quickly if you have less trouble with hypoglycemia.

Good luck!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom