"So, You’ve Got a Case of the Sick Hornies" - why would that happen?

This has been my experience, and especially the next morning after drinking too much alcohol while eating restaurant food the day before.

Logan-

haidut

especially the next morning after drinking too much alcohol

Alcohol is the primary cause. It inhibits the liver's ability to glucuronate/sulfate and excrete both estrogens and androgens, and this usually results in a very strong increase in libido in women and less so in men as it increases the latter's aromatization of their already higher T levels into estrogen.

Single, higher doses of DHEA can have the same effect as alcohol in women (but not in men) - i.e. it strongly increases both T and estrogen in women. Over the years, I have received maybe 15-20 emails from women who accidentally took a single high(er) dose DHEA (usually in the 25mg-50mg range) and reported it turned them (actual quote from one of them) into "savage d**k-hunting beasts" for the next 24 hours or so. Clearly, not advisable to use DHEA in doses of more than say 5mg daily. This is corroborated by another female (@Lejeboca) who ordered our hair steroid tests and it turned out that just 2mg-3mg DHEA daily managed to elevate her DHEA way above the upper limit of the normal range. So, girls, be careful with DHEA.

Advocate2021

Alcohol is the primary cause. It inhibits the liver's ability to glucuronate/sulfate and excrete both estrogens and androgens, and this usually results in a very strong increase in libido in women and less so in men as it increases the latter's aromatization of their already higher T levels into estrogen.

Single, higher doses of DHEA can have the same effect as alcohol in women (but not in men) - i.e. it strongly increases both T and estrogen in women. Over the years, I have received maybe 15-20 emails from women who accidentally took a single high(er) dose DHEA (usually in the 25mg-50mg range) and reported it turned them (actual quote from one of them) into "savage d**k-hunting beasts" for the next 24 hours or so. Clearly, not advisable to use DHEA in doses of more than say 5mg daily. This is corroborated by another female (@Lejeboca) who ordered our hair steroid tests and it turned out that just 2mg-3mg DHEA daily managed to elevate her DHEA way above the upper limit of the normal range. So, girls, be careful with DHEA.
Ditto. I am not going to use any dhea until i get my levels tested- will do the idealabs analysis great idea? every time i have tried just a little of it - no more than 3 or 4 mg at most -its like puberty on steroids in my body. i am hoping i can use it topically on a foot injury and some areas of damaged skin for mostly localized effects but am even a little weary of that after my last trial that triggered a week long ovulation and estrogen surge symptoms.

haidut

Ditto. I am not going to use any dhea until i get my levels tested- will do the idealabs analysis great idea? every time i have tried just a little of it - no more than 3 or 4 mg at most -its like puberty on steroids in my body. i am hoping i can use it topically on a foot injury and some areas of damaged skin for mostly localized effects but am even a little weary of that after my last trial that triggered a week long ovulation and estrogen surge symptoms.

Yeah, topical application should be OK as the majority of the applied/absorbed dose exerts local effects and accumulates mostly into the local tissues. That is, unless the application area is something like the neck or on top of a major vein/artery, in which case the effects are much more systemic.
As far as the hair tests - we are finding that twice a year testing of a hair that is 1-2 inches in length gives a great picture of the average steroid levels over that past year. If any anomalies are present, then people usually follow up with blood tests for the specific steroids that came back low/high on the hair tests.

OP
ALS

ALS

Single, higher doses of DHEA can have the same effect as alcohol in women (but not in men) - i.e. it strongly increases both T and estrogen in women. Over the years, I have received maybe 15-20 emails from women who accidentally took a single high(er) dose DHEA (usually in the 25mg-50mg range) and reported it turned them (actual quote from one of them) into "savage d**k-hunting beasts" for the next 24 hours or so.
I had Epstein Barr aka CFS around 1994 - the symptoms were similar to AIDS - there was a clip on CNN about a Dr. using steroids for patients with AIDS, was able to get symptoms to reverse. I used pharmaceutical grade DHEA in high doses as it does act as a steroid when overdosed - can't recall, but it was up in the 1000 mg. range over a couple days. Got really horrible acne on my back, which cleared up within a month. Began sneezing frequently, felt better, however the side effects were something I couldn't bear. Quickly stopped dosing. Did not get any libido effect (female). At the time I was living with a long term, undiagnosed case of Hashimoto's in addition to histamine issues. I didn't know what I was doing then, nor was I getting much help from conventional medicine.

haidut

I had Epstein Barr aka CFS around 1994 - the symptoms were similar to AIDS - there was a clip on CNN about a Dr. using steroids for patients with AIDS, was able to get symptoms to reverse. I used pharmaceutical grade DHEA in high doses as it does act as a steroid when overdosed - can't recall, but it was up in the 1000 mg. range over a couple days. Got really horrible acne on my back, which cleared up within a month. Began sneezing frequently, felt better, however the side effects were something I couldn't bear. Quickly stopped dosing. Did not get any libido effect (female). At the time I was living with a long term, undiagnosed case of Hashimoto's in addition to histamine issues. I didn't know what I was doing then, nor was I getting much help from conventional medicine.

Thanks for sharing. I guess in cases of severe/chronic illness, libido is already in the gutter and DHEA probably won't have the "horny" effects until general health has stabilized/improved. Btw, did the doctor also do estrogen and other hormone tests while you were on DHEA? Just curious about how that high dosage changed your hormonal profile.

OP
ALS

ALS

Thanks for sharing. I guess in cases of severe/chronic illness, libido is already in the gutter and DHEA probably won't have the "horny" effects until general health has stabilized/improved. Btw, did the doctor also do estrogen and other hormone tests while you were on DHEA? Just curious about how that high dosage changed your hormonal profile.
No. I was living in Tokyo and using the American Clinic.

They did bloodwork looking for a cause of the fatigue, heart palpitations, 24/7 nausea (which continued for several years) muscular weakness, and constant sore throat.

They saw that the platelets were sinking faster than normal

Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) test

, which showed that there was an inflammatory response. That was the only test that showed there was something wrong.

I don't recall any hormone tests. I took the DHEA long after seeing the Dr. I discontinued it fairly quickly, so it's possible effects were not long term.

I also took schizandra (gogi) berries (did nothing) ashwagandha (ditto), shitake (same).

Libido was too high or dead, would go to extremes.

I wasn't eating well and trying to lose weight. I think that was the main problem. Low appetite and was going to the gym, often did cardio and some weights. Couldn't lose anything. I'd also been a low carber for a while by then.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals