Safest medication to treat high blood pressure?

yerrag

OK apologies for having an opinion. I'll leave you to your "natural" fetish.
Is that what you say when you can't argue well? Much growing up to do, little boy.

the things that lower pressure naturally are a high calcium diet, high potassium diet, and magnesium, along with K2 MK4 and adequate D3. That will normalize pressure in most cases.

Most of the time, this will normalize pressure.

As people age their BP should rise. A person 65 or older should have 150/90 and over 75 160/90 or even higher. The higher BP as we age lead to longer lifespans.

I haven't yet seen evidence that hypertension drugs extend lifespan. I'm sure in some cases they do, but I haven't seen any such studies.

burtlancast

Try 3 glasses of self-made carrot juice during daytime.

Coffee enemas might also help.

Perry Staltic

My theory is that as we age, our blood vessels become stiffer and more clogged. We require higher blood pressure to force the blood into the stiffer nooks and crannies in the body.

Oh OK. I was confused by this - "The higher BP as we age lead to longer lifespans." It sounded like people whose blood pressure doesn't rise as they age would have lesser lifespans, which didn't make sense.

yerrag

Try 3 glasses of self-made carrot juice during daytime.
Amazing what carrot juice does. It has a load of oxalates, and probably why it is anti-bacterial, and also removes plaque. Not just the arterial plaque, but oral plaque. I recently experienced the power of oxalic acid, using a solution of it as a mouthwash. I have been trying other things to be sure, but when I used the oxalic acid solution, in a week's time I saw for the first time all pink, like that of my cat, in the color of my tongue. No white tongue! I also put my dentures in that solution, and sure enough, it cleaned the stubborn biofilms in the dentures- totally clean. The solution is 150mg of oxalic acid in 300ml of water.

But power can be too much. 3 glasses daily, if not for temporary and therapeutic use, may be too much. I don't know why Ray Peat does not mention oxalates when he talks of carrots.

Here's something about oxalates and carrots in relation to health, from a Col Joe, who had 3 patents and wrote a book on it. He tried to make his discovery more scientific and accepted but no institution wanted to take it as there's no money to be made from it. You can read his book and his patents here:

yerrag

Wouldn't it make logical sense that if a person's BP doesn't rise as he ages that is a sign of vascular health, ie. not stiffer and clogged?
It would be. The problem is that it's almost unavoidable to not have some accumulation of plaque on our blood vessels over time. I suspect that if you found a way, it would be the fountain of youth.

Pretty much the few studies of people who are very old, higher blood pressure leads to longer life.

yerrag

Pretty much the few studies of people who are very old, higher blood pressure leads to longer life.
Yup. Because the body does a good job of adapting to the state of the individual, and at old age, higher blood pressure is needed for blood to get through the capillaries thst feed the organs. If they are taking BP medication, they are keeping blood from getting through to the organs. The organs will soon fail. Funny but people don't think about this. They trust their doctors about this, and doom themselves.

Perry Staltic

Yup. Because the body does a good job of adapting to the state of the individual, and at old age, higher blood pressure is needed for blood to get through the capillaries thst feed the organs. If they are taking BP medication, they are keeping blood from getting through to the organs. The organs will soon fail. Funny but people don't think about this. They trust their doctors about this, and doom themselves.

Doesn't make sense. BP meds vasodilate, so pressure goes down, but volume goes up.

yerrag

Doesn't make sense. BP meds vasodilate, so pressure goes down, but volume goes up.
Blood volume will magically increase because of bp meds? Doesn't that make even less sense?

yerrag

I meant blood vessel volume. ACE inhibitors and ARBs, not diuretics.
The blood vessel volume doesn't change, it vasodilates and it increases the cross sectional area of the vessel, but I suppose that is what you meant. And so with the increased area for blood to flow through, there is less pressure and that lowers blood pressure.

But why is the body not doing that itself? Is it because it's trying to, but the blood vessels are too stiff? If that were the case, then maybe it is something vitamin k2 can do to help. Or maybe it's because it's due to statins that keep the body from producing CoQ10 that keeps the vessels pliant?

But what if the vessels are pliant, and yet the body is actually causing its blood vessels to dilate? Modern medicine would call the body deranged, out of control, but is it? Or is it doing something in its wisdom to correct a condition? Maybe that condition is called lack of blood perfusion of the organs. And if you take blood lowering medication, you would be doing something counter to your own organs' health and survival, simply because you have to meet the numbers of 120/80 in order to satisfy the illusion of being healthy? And perhaps to qualify for healthcare insurance?

Perry Staltic

The blood vessel volume doesn't change, it vasodilates and it increases the cross sectional area of the vessel, but I suppose that is what you meant. And so with the increased area for blood to flow through, there is less pressure and that lowers blood pressure.

Increased area over same distance equals increased volume: a x d = v

You may be correct about the health insurance thing, but the heart has to work harder to get the same blood volume through a constricted vessel than it does through a non-constricted one. If the heart pumps at the same energy, less blood volume will flow through constricted vessels.

Last edited:

Yucca

Yes, Telmisartan.

and 1st, by far the most important thing before meds or anything else, loose weight (fat, not muscle)

But why is the body not doing that itself? Is it because it's trying to, but the blood vessels are too stiff? If that were the case, then maybe it is something vitamin k2 can do to help. Or maybe it's because it's due to statins that keep the body from producing CoQ10 that keeps the vessels pliant?

But what if the vessels are pliant, and yet the body is actually causing its blood vessels to dilate? Modern medicine would call the body deranged, out of control, but is it? Or is it doing something in its wisdom to correct a condition? Maybe that condition is called lack of blood perfusion of the organs. And if you take blood lowering medication, you would be doing something counter to your own organs' health and survival, simply because you have to meet the numbers of 120/80 in order to satisfy the illusion of being healthy? And perhaps to qualify for healthcare insurance?

very good points. Nobody ever thinks about this and they mindlessly take blood pressure medication based on some number from big Pharma.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals