Safe Antibiotics for Pylori and other gut issues

Mac Rilla

A friend of mine has gone through some testing and was positive for Pylori, Streptococcus and Blastocystis Hominis. Her Functional med doc wants to have her take a bunch of weird probiotics that I think are unlikely to do much and may push things in the right direction. I know there are some "Peat approved" antibiotics for things like this. Any recommendations? Thanks.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
A friend of mine has gone through some testing and was positive for Pylori, Streptococcus and Blastocystis Hominis. Her Functional med doc wants to have her take a bunch of weird probiotics that I think are unlikely to do much and may push things in the right direction. I know there are some "Peat approved" antibiotics for things like this. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Search the low toxin threads in this forum. Gut dysbiosis is due to poor bile flow/toxic bile. Neither probiotics nor antibiotics will fix the underlying issue and will probably make things worse in the long run.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Search the low toxin threads in this forum. Gut dysbiosis is due to poor bile flow/toxic bile. Neither probiotics nor antibiotics will fix the underlying issue and will probably make things worse in the long run.
How do we fix poor bile flow?

just take 1 - 2 tablespoons of real honey (nothing fancy like manuka) when you wake up on an empty stomach without eating or drinking anything for an hour. Do this 2 or 3 days in a row and it keeps H Pylori down so much that it's not a problem.

I don't think you can get rid of H Pylori altogether nor would you want to.

OP
M

Mac Rilla

just take 1 - 2 tablespoons of real honey (nothing fancy like manuka) when you wake up on an empty stomach without eating or drinking anything for an hour. Do this 2 or 3 days in a row and it keeps H Pylori down so much that it's not a problem.

I don't think you can get rid of H Pylori altogether nor would you want to.
Thanks, that's very useful information. Could you elaborate on why you wouldn't want to get rid of H. Pylori?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Thanks, that's very useful information. Could you elaborate on why you wouldn't want to get rid of H. Pylori?
Yes, Manuka is too expensive - but the "American Manuka" is buckwheat honey, which is affordable, and equally powerful.

you can't get rid of it. Even the triple therapy people have it come back.

Controlling it is very valuable. I use the aspirin test. If aspirin hurts my stomach, I have too much H Pylori and use the honey.

In individuals colonized with H. pylori, leptin levels are higher than in uninfected controls. Conversely, ghrelin levels substantially increase with eradication of H. pylori. Both effects have the potential to stimulate hunger, adipose tissue deposition, and growth hormone release.13 This is supported by clinical studies showing slower weight gain in infected compared to uninfected children and weight gain after the eradication of H. pylori.13, 14 Whether these metabolic effects of H. pylori are beneficial in low socioeconomic areas with marginal food availability remains unclear.7 However, rising rates of obesity in developed countries [where the H. pylori prevalence is falling], support the possibility of a link between H. pylori and weight control, perhaps mediated by hormonal factors.

grapes

I have followed the triple therapy for H. Pylori, tested twice afterwards, negative. No more have acid reflux. As for it having some beneficial sides, who knows.. I'm still underweight.

I have followed the triple therapy for H. Pylori, tested twice afterwards, negative. No more have acid reflux. As for it having some beneficial sides, who knows.. I'm still underweight.

I hope you are okay for the duration, but many people will get the problem back after a few years. About 4% per year and that accelerates as the years go by.

This is why I just decided to use the honey.

OP
M

Mac Rilla

you can't get rid of it. Even the triple therapy people have it come back.

Controlling it is very valuable. I use the aspirin test. If aspirin hurts my stomach, I have too much H Pylori and use the honey.

In individuals colonized with H. pylori, leptin levels are higher than in uninfected controls. Conversely, ghrelin levels substantially increase with eradication of H. pylori. Both effects have the potential to stimulate hunger, adipose tissue deposition, and growth hormone release.13 This is supported by clinical studies showing slower weight gain in infected compared to uninfected children and weight gain after the eradication of H. pylori.13, 14 Whether these metabolic effects of H. pylori are beneficial in low socioeconomic areas with marginal food availability remains unclear.7 However, rising rates of obesity in developed countries [where the H. pylori prevalence is falling], support the possibility of a link between H. pylori and weight control, perhaps mediated by hormonal factors.
Thanks, that's good information

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals