Riboflavin / B2

superGrover

Hi good people!

I was wondering where you get your riboflavin. Ray peat says it should be max 10mg per dose, and on 'F portion control' it says you should get a B2 supplement derived from sugar beets molasses. I think that rules out alot of supplements! So where do you get it? :) Thanks!

OP
superGrover

superGrover

Hi :) Did you take the phosphate or the other one? Do you know where it is derived from? And what effects does it have when you take it? Thank you!

Lolinaa

I took the less expensive one, so I think it's the phosphate. I haven't used it yet, I bought it 1 weeks ago and I expect to receive it soon.

I am not really an expert in vitamins but pure bulk has a reputation of having good quality supplements without additives so that's why I chose them.

OP
superGrover

superGrover

Yeah it seems like a good option, might buy it. Curious how you'll like it!

I read somewhere on this forum that you need 5 times less phosphate than riboflavin, probably because it's activated. If I find it again I'll put it in here.

Lolinaa

Sure, I'll let you know on the effects. I read as well here it was important to take some b vitamins together. I already use niacinamide time to time, I have ordered the B1 (thiamin), and B2. I already have some b6 that I use before my period, as I can have pretty bad pms, b6 should be use sparingly as it can cause nerves damaged. I think all in all it should help with mood and energy. You can add some biotin too, in small quantities as well. I got my biotin on iherb.

Do let me know how you doing with it too and what do you plan to use it for.

OP
superGrover

superGrover

Just ordered the niacinamide and phosphate. Might be a good thing to combine with other B vitamins indeed, should have thought of that before ordering :/

I'm going to use it for energy and preventing fat forming. I'll let you know as well. :)

Lolinaa

I didn't know for the fat forming, I don't want to lose too much weight. The niacinamide I bought it at health natura with some cascara and progesterone. If you want to buy these supplements, this website is a good option too as I do find pure bulk a bit expensive.

tara

I got riboflavin from purebulk too. I don't know where it's derived from, but I like that it's not got extra excipients added. I've tried large and small doses. I don't think large doses did me more good than small doses, but I missed it when I left it out altogether. I take it together with other B-vits, also from purebulk.

Lolinaa

Hi Tara, what minimal dose would you recommend for the B1 & B2? Apparently small dose of vitamin B1 is not that great for cancer. Will need to read more.

tara

Hi Tara, what minimal dose would you recommend for the B1 & B2? Apparently small dose of vitamin B1 is not that great for cancer. Will need to read more.
HI Lolinaa,
I'm currently aiming for doses of roughly 50mg B1 and 10mg B2, twice a day. Sometimes I spread it out more through the day when I'm home more. But I don't think I know enough to recommend those doses generally. I think Haidut had at least one thread with studies related to B1 dosing, including some about particular doses being associated with higher cancer rates. My main criteria is keeping my brain energy up to functioning and out of migraine day to day, and there are always multiple factors. I think needs and optimal dosing of various things can vary from person to person.

I take 400mg of riboflavin a day. I take 100mg of niacinamide maybe once or twice a day, sometimes more if I take aspirin. I've never heard Peat mention these high dosages for riboflavin but I don't feel it's hurt me and it seems to help raise temperatures and increase wellbeing.

I have always heard Peat talk about 100mg of niacinamide several times a day as the desired dosage.

For thiamine he's indicated more sometimes but never for niacinamide. There must be a reason.

OP
superGrover

superGrover

Thanks Lolinaa, I'll check out that website.

ecstatichamster: Ray said 80mg niacinamide is an optimal dose, along with OJ especially. (and maybe he said along with that a meal as well, can't remember).

Mossy

I take 400mg of riboflavin a day. I take 100mg of niacinamide maybe once or twice a day, sometimes more if I take aspirin. I've never heard Peat mention these high dosages for riboflavin but I don't feel it's hurt me and it seems to help raise temperatures and increase wellbeing.

I have always heard Peat talk about 100mg of niacinamide several times a day as the desired dosage.

For thiamine he's indicated more sometimes but never for niacinamide. There must be a reason.
Wow, with 400mg of B2 do you need to take anything to sleep? I have trouble sleeping on even low dose B2. Maybe the B3 you take helps balance.

Mossy

Whichway?

I wonder why the recommended amount is only 10mg /day? I’ve also been curious that the RDA for B1 and B2 is around the same amount 1.1mg and 1.2mg IIRC. However in supplements they always seem to have way more B1 than B2 in multi B complex and multivitamins. Often they will have 100-125mg of B1 but never more than 50mg B2.

Dr. Peat has said that supplements with riboflavin are allergenic ultimately. Maybe that’s why he doesn’t recommend large dosages. He also says it takes quite awhile to remedy a riboflavin deficiency, with smaller and then larger amounts taken over a period of time. I heard this on a KMUD interview and a Danny Roddy interview.

Bingo

Ecstatichamster if you are available can you remember the title or dates of the interviews? I am trying to decide dosages of B2. Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals