Progest-E for Men

Sefton10

I definitely notice better sleep with Progest-E rubbed on the gums after dinner. Not a huge dose, maybe 6 or 7 mg. Gives me a very relaxed, chilled out feeling and opens the sinuses. I sometimes have 2.5mg of DHEA a couple of times during the day too, but don't really notice anything from that.

OP
C

craighealth

I mean, the average dose for men would be 0mg. But, men can take a lot more, and see benefits.

I think Peat generally suggests lower doses for men. Maybe around 20 mg. However, he has experimented with higher doses, and on his most recent interview with Roddy and Haidut, talked about a friend who drank heavily and used drugs regularly, and he saw benefits from taking half a bottle (!!!!!) on Christmas. He said he continued to use about 2 bottles a week (!!!!!!!!!), so, his dose was quite high. But, he was also dealing with chirrosis, I think.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f06rVi8iXfI

I have found larger doses to be beneficial, around 100mg a day or more-

Some people think a large "loading dose" around 100-150mg can be beneficial for a few days, and then you can taper to a lower dose. But, I've been using that "loading dose" for several months.

Thanks, I did listen to both podcasts. I need to focus on lowering cortisol before only trying to increase the anabolic process.

Callmestar

I'm sceptical about progest - e I brought some ages ago couldn't feel anything from it so decided to just try like half a bottle at once still didn't feel anything lol

Likewise, I bought Peats Pregest e on the advice of many here. I've taken a ton of it, low doses and high doses. Felt absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

SonOfEurope

Progesterone will at first remove Estrogens from tissues where they've accumulated for a long time. It will do this before it gradually starts to heal the thyroid, so temporarily elevated E2 will be in circulation, you might feel bloat, water retention and even mental agitation as a result.

This is why your first three doses should be large, 120-150mg, and on the 4th day bring it down to 10mg Max - to maximize sleep take Progest-E with a glass of sweet milk 30 or 40 minutes before bed.

In GR antagonism Progesterone (assuming it's reaching your tissues, I only advice Progest E for Gums and PROGESTENE in ethanol for topical) is so powerful you'll require more minerals and sugar.

Dr. B

I mean, the average dose for men would be 0mg. But, men can take a lot more, and see benefits.

I think Peat generally suggests lower doses for men. Maybe around 20 mg. However, he has experimented with higher doses, and on his most recent interview with Roddy and Haidut, talked about a friend who drank heavily and used drugs regularly, and he saw benefits from taking half a bottle (!!!!!) on Christmas. He said he continued to use about 2 bottles a week (!!!!!!!!!), so, his dose was quite high. But, he was also dealing with chirrosis, I think.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f06rVi8iXfI

I have found larger doses to be beneficial, around 100mg a day or more-

Some people think a large "loading dose" around 100-150mg can be beneficial for a few days, and then you can taper to a lower dose. But, I've been using that "loading dose" for several months.

Hey man I was thinking of making a separate thread for this but saw all these suggested threads so decided its maybe better not to.

I have tried the cortinon product for a limited amount of time just two drops a day. I don't notice too much, but I have some concerns about the dhea in there. Not so much it turning to estrogen but it seems like it causes some very mild scalp irritation and possible hair loss.

So I started looking up progest E since thats pure progesterone. So it should have the anti cortisol effects without the dhea concerns.

my first concern is apparently the vitamin E in it is from soy.
but the other thing is... I was reviewing this website

and specifically their linked page on "How to use Progest E"

they keep mentioning stuff about progesterone reverting to estrogen, converting to estrogen in low doses. What is this about? its the first im hearing of this. Is their article quoting Peat or is it just their own take and opinion on progesterones effects? Because their website keeps making sure to mention its Dr. Peats original progest E formula, but then their how to use page has these things on there about it turning to estrogen which seem very concerning.

rr1

Hey man I was thinking of making a separate thread for this but saw all these suggested threads so decided its maybe better not to.

I have tried the cortinon product for a limited amount of time just two drops a day. I don't notice too much, but I have some concerns about the dhea in there. Not so much it turning to estrogen but it seems like it causes some very mild scalp irritation and possible hair loss.

So I started looking up progest E since thats pure progesterone. So it should have the anti cortisol effects without the dhea concerns.

my first concern is apparently the vitamin E in it is from soy.
but the other thing is... I was reviewing this website

and specifically their linked page on "How to use Progest E"

they keep mentioning stuff about progesterone reverting to estrogen, converting to estrogen in low doses. What is this about? its the first im hearing of this. Is their article quoting Peat or is it just their own take and opinion on progesterones effects? Because their website keeps making sure to mention its Dr. Peats original progest E formula, but then their how to use page has these things on there about it turning to estrogen which seem very concerning.
I've seen many posts of people saying that the first few doses needs to be high to 'flush out' estrogen.

This is a post by another user here:
On several websites, they say that progesterone causes an "estrogen detox" reaction, as estrogen escapes the cells, and is taken up by the blood, to travel to the liver to be eliminated or "detoxed". During this temporary period, as progesterone causes increased elimination of the excess tissue bound estrogen, there will be some estrogen symptoms - and the idea is to increase the progesterone to even higher doses, and to keep taking it, until the estrogen symptoms disappear.

This is also what I did when I was using progest, but apparently Peat doesn't agree with this. Also I'm not sure what would happen for someone who wants to cycle progesterone 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. I wonder if they would need to do this high dose for a few days every 2 weeks.

The first times when I started Progest-e I had have a numb penis and other symptoms. After a while the symptoms went away. I can cycle on or off and I don’t get any other symptoms again.

Dr. B

The first times when I started Progest-e I had have a numb penis and other symptoms. After a while the symptoms went away. I can cycle on or off and I don’t get any other symptoms again.
are there other better progesterone products that dont use soy vitamin E or any vitamin E at all. i think someone posted another site on here selling progesterone without vitamin e

are there other better progesterone products that dont use soy vitamin E or any vitamin E at all. i think someone posted another site on here selling progesterone without vitamin e

there's no soy in this. I don't understand your issue with Progest-E. Do you think Dr. Peat would use something that has soy in it? The E is extracted from soybeans, so what? The benefits of this is how the progesterone is dissolved, and the E and the lipids assist absorption. It's a fantastic product. You can go to the lifegivingstore's sister company and get progesterone powder if you prefer. But I find Progest-E very useful and it's what I use even though I have progesterone powder. It's just more convenient and easier to use.

Dr. B

there's no soy in this. I don't understand your issue with Progest-E. Do you think Dr. Peat would use something that has soy in it? The E is extracted from soybeans, so what? The benefits of this is how the progesterone is dissolved, and the E and the lipids assist absorption. It's a fantastic product. You can go to the lifegivingstore's sister company and get progesterone powder if you prefer. But I find Progest-E very useful and it's what I use even though I have progesterone powder. It's just more convenient and easier to use.
does dr Peat make this himself or he just had the original patent? How specific is the patent, does it specify the source of vitamin E or even require that? it says on some of the sites its sourced from soy. the amount of soy overall would be very small, but I thought it would be better avoided even then.

now the other concern wasnt progest e specifically, but the fact the website linked earlier, claims small doses of progesterone can "revert to estrogen". is that just their opinion or something Peat has talked about? I dont think theres any way for progesterone to turn to estrogen, if anything it could turn to cortisol or aldosterone possibly but estrogen seems unlikely

also I'd rather avoid vitamin E supplementation unless im having some pufa. that was another reason i was thinking of getting the plain progesterone, or progesterone in mct or olive oil or something like that

boris

does dr Peat make this himself or he just had the original patent? How specific is the patent, does it specify the source of vitamin E or even require that? it says on some of the sites its sourced from soy. the amount of soy overall would be very small, but I thought it would be better avoided even then.

now the other concern wasnt progest e specifically, but the fact the website linked earlier, claims small doses of progesterone can "revert to estrogen". is that just their opinion or something Peat has talked about? I dont think theres any way for progesterone to turn to estrogen, if anything it could turn to cortisol or aldosterone possibly but estrogen seems unlikely

also I'd rather avoid vitamin E supplementation unless im having some pufa. that was another reason i was thinking of getting the plain progesterone, or progesterone in mct or olive oil or something like that
They say it in the text, but it's wrong. Progesterone can not revert to estrogen, it's not possible. What they are referring to is what other people mentionend in this thread. When estrogen is extremely high in the tissues, a too small dose of progesterone can have estrogenic effects, because it will cause the estrogen to be flushed out of the tissues. That's why Peat recommends for women who are in that situation to take a bigger initial dose, and then lower it.

Peat has talked about the soy that Kenogen Progest-E is derived from and says there is no soy residues in it.

Dr. B

They say it in the text, but it's wrong. Progesterone can not revert to estrogen, it's not possible. What they are referring to is what other people mentionend in this thread. When estrogen is extremely high in the tissues, a too small dose of progesterone can have estrogenic effects, because it will cause the estrogen to be flushed out of the tissues. That's why Peat recommends for women who are in that situation to take a bigger initial dose, and then lower it.

Peat has talked about the soy that Kenogen Progest-E is derived from and says there is no soy residues in it.
is there multiple types of Progest E or just the Kenogen product?
does Peat recommend the same for men, or can men continue with small doses like 5mg or so a day of progesterone?

boris

is there multiple types of Progest E or just the Kenogen product?
does Peat recommend the same for men, or can men continue with small doses like 5mg or so a day of progesterone?
Nope, only from Kenogen! I haven't heard him recommend the initial high dose for males, but I think it could apply to males too. I heard him say up to 10mg for males to avoid numb penis. Or generally 10-30mg, but every one is different. Some people take way higher doses without problems.

SamuraiJack

I just received Progest-E. I believe I have permanent elevated cortisol due to decades of extreme stress, severe injuries, and 3 near-death experiences including 7 surgeries. I have permanent damage form my last illness that affects my neuromuscular system called A.C.N.E.S. and neuro damage and weakness in my legs. I only slept around 3 hours of interrupted sleep for the past few years. I have gotten it up to 5 hours with 11 wakeups if I stay in bed for 8 hours. My morning temperature is 96.6 F and my pulse is 64. According to my Oura ring I usually don't get any deep sleep most evenings, and when I do it's 5 minutes or less, towards the end of my sleep, a couple of hours before I wake up. I haven't been able to see a doctor due to my financial dilemma from my last illness. I figured I'll start with Progerst-E to see if anything changes. What is the average dosage of Progest-E for men? Do men take it every day or do we cycle it on and off. If so, what is the schedule of cycling for men? Thank you for the help!!!

I've been on Idealabs progesterone for the past few weeks now and it's been great. Absolutely wonderful for the libido and general calmness throughout the day. I've not really had issues with sleep but progesterone helps me sleep quicker. Is the sleep deeper? Couldn't say.

As James B said, there certainly is a fine line with it for libido. 4 drops/day (upto 6-7mg) is good for me. Anything higher and my libido is gone.

It's different for every guy, just gotta find your sweet spot.

Glycine is another great anti stress substance. A few grams before bed is a good bet.

Dr. B

I've been on Idealabs progesterone for the past few weeks now and it's been great. Absolutely wonderful for the libido and general calmness throughout the day. I've not really had issues with sleep but progesterone helps me sleep quicker. Is the sleep deeper? Couldn't say.

As James B said, there certainly is a fine line with it for libido. 4 drops/day (upto 6-7mg) is good for me. Anything higher and my libido is gone.

It's different for every guy, just gotta find your sweet spot.

Glycine is another great anti stress substance. A few grams before bed is a good bet.
glycines probably not safe, almost every amino acid/vitamin supplement ive seen these days is sourced from very toxic allergenic ingredients... even vitamin c and k. d3 has a safe source, E usually has a safe source, usually a PUFA based oil, but not as bad as mold/fungus or other odd sources which are completely inedible...
do you think the great lakes gelatin brand can just be eaten straight out the jar with a spoon? or does it need to be cooked or have water added

SamuraiJack

glycines probably not safe, almost every amino acid/vitamin supplement ive seen these days is sourced from very toxic allergenic ingredients... even vitamin c and k. d3 has a safe source, E usually has a safe source, usually a PUFA based oil, but not as bad as mold/fungus or other odd sources which are completely inedible...
do you think the great lakes gelatin brand can just be eaten straight out the jar with a spoon? or does it need to be cooked or have water added
I don't take glycine everyday, nor have I felt any toxic effects from it when I do. Only the relaxing effects from it. I like it as it can also increase glutathione levels. Good for the entire body.
You need the green can gelatin. You can take a spoon of it with water. Not the orange one.

Dr. B

I don't take glycine everyday, nor have I felt any toxic effects from it when I do. Only the relaxing effects from it. I like it as it can also increase glutathione levels. Good for the entire body.
You need the green can gelatin. You can take a spoon of it with water. Not the orange one.
why green can isnt that processed?
i wanted to get 140g+ protein from gelatin daily

SamuraiJack

why green can isnt that processed?
i wanted to get 140g+ protein from gelatin daily
The green version is hydrolysed so it's possible to eat it straight from the can. That personally sounds way too much from gelatin alone, at least for me. I'd shoot for at least 50g protein from foods alone then add in some gelatin on top.

Dr. B

The green version is hydrolysed so it's possible to eat it straight from the can. That personally sounds way too much from gelatin alone, at least for me. I'd shoot for at least 50g protein from foods alone then add in some gelatin on top.
what happens if you eat the red can on its own with a spoon?
someone said green can caused odd symptoms and effects, maybe due to it having some strange allergenic enzymes... toxic enzymes used to hydrolyse

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals