Pheromone Production Majorly Relies on Progesterone and Pregnenolone

Another clue, that in nature, progesterone is not the female hormone - pheromones are reliant on progesterone (and pregnelelone) which means that in mammals, the 'alpha male scent / signal scent' through pheromones is majorly based off these two hormones.
1697222024121.png

To the left, shows pheromone production. Both pregnenolone and progesterone are pre cursors to Androstadienol and Androstadienone, which are precursors to pheromones.

We can see this in vitro:

The sex pheromone precursor androsta-5,16-dien-3 beta-ol is a major early metabolite in in vitro pregnenolone metabolism in human testicular homogenates

The 16-unsaturated C19 steroid ADL appeared after 1 min of incubation, and within 5 min reached values (17-23% of total radioactivity added as [4-14C]P5) comparable to those of the major delta 5-steroids 17 alpha-hydroxypregnenolone and dehydroepiandrosterone. Thus, in humans, as in boars, the sex attractant precursor ADL is a major early testicular metabolite of P5

Pregnenolone was comparibly metabolised into the pheromone as it was metabolized into DHEA and 1-Hydroxypregnenolone!!!!!

A study in pigs showed that progesterone was positively correlated with 3 types of pheromones, whereas testerone was negatively correlated with these pheromones.

The best correlations between fat 5a-androstenone' levels and steroid formation figures were obtained with steroids synthesized from progesterone. From a practical point of view, it seems more satisfactory to use 16-androstene rather than testosterone formation as predictors of fat 5a-androstenone levels.

Given that the same enzymes that turn pregnenolone into pheromones, are the ones that progesterone into pheromones, the importance of progesterone and pregnenolone in pheromones is very apparent.

Anedectodely, one of the only anabolic steroids that increases progesterone, trenbolone, is famous for the attractive scent it creates. Many bodybuilders have talked about this, I will link some videos here

And finally, androgens, also, clearly are a source of pheromones as well, and females do not have these pheromones, as much, due to the enzyme responsible for steroidogenesis (cytochrome P450) is also responsible for the conversion of hormones to pheromones - and females have a lot less steroidogenesis.

sphenoid

I've used small amounts of topical pregnenolone dissolved in MCT under the arm hoping to take advantage of the steroidogenic enzymes contained within the skin/hair. While doing so my scent did change slightly and I experienced some mild euphoria from time to time. However, it is hard to tell whether that was from the pregnenolone itself or its conversion into other steroids. I may start using it again.

OP
learnedhelpless
I've used small amounts of topical pregnenolone dissolved in MCT under the arm hoping to take advantage of the steroidogenic enzymes contained within the skin/hair. While doing so my scent did change slightly and I experienced some mild euphoria from time to time. However, it is hard to tell whether that was from the pregnenolone itself or its conversion into other steroids. I may start using it again.
Yep anything that increases steroidogenesis enzymes like DHEA and progesterone, and supplementing progesterone, would likely do that.

Mauritio

Can cofirm. Low-dose pregnenolone has a pheromone effect.

Mauritio

How did you find out? Did others let you know?
I just noticed girls seem to be more interested in me without me even doing anything, like one time I didnt even talk to a girl but she seemed really interested.
theres a thread about his somewhere on the forum.

OP
learnedhelpless
I just noticed girls seem to be more interested in me without me even doing anything, like one time I didnt even talk to a girl but she seemed really interested.
theres a thread about his somewhere on the forum.
I have noticed the same thing, and I feel bad, as I am not interested in these girls.

golder

I have noticed the same thing, and I feel bad, as I am not interested in these girls.
What do you two mean? You took pregnenolone orally and noticed more attraction from the opposite sex and believe it’s down to pheromonal scent? Could it not be the lowering of cortisol, as women prefer low cortisol men? How do we know it’s pheromones from the pregnenolone that caused the attention?

OP
learnedhelpless
What do you two mean? You took pregnenolone orally and noticed more attraction from the opposite sex and believe it’s down to pheromonal scent? Could it not be the lowering of cortisol, as women prefer low cortisol men? How do we know it’s pheromones from the pregnenolone that caused the attention?
Cortisol does have pheromone effects, but anti cortisol substances did not have this effect. And I take 50mg of progesterone topically, not pregnenolone.

frannybananny

Another clue, that in nature, progesterone is not the female hormone - pheromones are reliant on progesterone (and pregnelelone) which means that in mammals, the 'alpha male scent / signal scent' through pheromones is majorly based off these two hormones.
View attachment 56713
To the left, shows pheromone production. Both pregnenolone and progesterone are pre cursors to Androstadienol and Androstadienone, which are precursors to pheromones.

We can see this in vitro:

The sex pheromone precursor androsta-5,16-dien-3 beta-ol is a major early metabolite in in vitro pregnenolone metabolism in human testicular homogenates

The 16-unsaturated C19 steroid ADL appeared after 1 min of incubation, and within 5 min reached values (17-23% of total radioactivity added as [4-14C]P5) comparable to those of the major delta 5-steroids 17 alpha-hydroxypregnenolone and dehydroepiandrosterone. Thus, in humans, as in boars, the sex attractant precursor ADL is a major early testicular metabolite of P5

Pregnenolone was comparibly metabolised into the pheromone as it was metabolized into DHEA and 1-Hydroxypregnenolone!!!!!

A study in pigs showed that progesterone was positively correlated with 3 types of pheromones, whereas testerone was negatively correlated with these pheromones.

The best correlations between fat 5a-androstenone' levels and steroid formation figures were obtained with steroids synthesized from progesterone. From a practical point of view, it seems more satisfactory to use 16-androstene rather than testosterone formation as predictors of fat 5a-androstenone levels.

Given that the same enzymes that turn pregnenolone into pheromones, are the ones that progesterone into pheromones, the importance of progesterone and pregnenolone in pheromones is very apparent.

Anedectodely, one of the only anabolic steroids that increases progesterone, trenbolone, is famous for the attractive scent it creates. Many bodybuilders have talked about this, I will link some videos here

And finally, androgens, also, clearly are a source of pheromones as well, and females do not have these pheromones, as much, due to the enzyme responsible for steroidogenesis (cytochrome P450) is also responsible for the conversion of hormones to pheromones - and females have a lot less steroidogenesis.
If I take progesterone-E on a regular basis do I need the pregnenolone? Even the tiniest amount of that gives me the shakes.

Mauritio

Mauritio

VansEnigma

I think androsterone has an effect on males.

Sandalwood (essential oil) smell replicates the androsterone pheromone smell from a healthy male.

dukesbobby777

Sandalwood (essential oil) smell replicates the androsterone pheromone smell from a healthy male.

So androsterone has differing pheromone effects depending on the health of the male? I've never heard of that before, but possible, I guess.

VansEnigma

Yes, if you’re healthy (good metabolism, high androgens, low puff, low endotoxin), you’ll smell pretty good to females. Vice versa, as well.

The perfume industry is enormous. They’ll do anything to mask the symptoms of an unhealthy person (inability to produce good pheromones to attract the opposite sex due to poor health).

VansEnigma

So androsterone has differing pheromone effects depending on the health of the male? I've never heard of that before, but possible, I guess.
Yes, if you’re healthy (good metabolism, high androgens, low pufa, low endotoxin), you’ll smell pretty good to females. Vice versa, as well.

The perfume industry is enormous. They’ll do anything to mask the symptoms of an unhealthy person (inability to produce good pheromones to attract the opposite sex due to poor health).

Coderr

So if I put sandalwood oil on my body, could I be more successful in attracting women?

VansEnigma

So, if I put sandalwood oil on my body, could I be more successful in attracting women?
I’m sure it’ll help a bit. It’s a very natural and masculine scent. I’ve heard only positive feedback from women.

Make sure your diet, liver, hormones, and health are in check. Those are responsible for good pheromones as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals