Peating made me fat. Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone) is reversing it

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
@Ras Thank you

I was searching for brands with capsules with more than 100mcg K1 per capsule, and found the Thorne K

What if all those people who took Thornes K, and reported great results, didn't get those results from the K2 MK4, but the K1?

I remember from another thread in here, that some people who only took K2 MK4 didn't notice that much effect, but those who took Thornes K did.

And there is 1 mg of K1 in each capsule in the Thorne K1. A pretty large dose.

Skjermbilde 2024-05-04 kl. 10.14.01.png

orangebear

@ddjd I've been thinking about some things lately. How could you tell that you had replenished your K1 and could go on a lower maintenance dose? How long might it take to get there and might it take longer for someone with lower bone mineral density, arthritis, and/or other issues? Is it possible to overdo K1 (and/or K2 for that matter) and what would be the signs to look for? The study you posted earlier on in the thread suggested there were improvements up to 1mg of K1, and @Daniel North's post of the Thorne supplement would seem to suggest that taking rather high doses isn't crazy, but I would like to know what to look out for if there are any potential issues. Also, are there any other nutrients than could get depleted that should be supplemented alongside large doses of K1/K2?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

@ddjd I've been thinking about some things lately. How could you tell that you had replenished your K1 and could go on a lower maintenance dose? How long might it take to get there and might it take longer for someone with lower bone mineral density, arthritis, and/or other issues? Is it possible to overdo K1 (and/or K2 for that matter) and what would be the signs to look for? The study you posted earlier on in the thread suggested there were improvements up to 1mg of K1, and @Daniel North's post of the Thorne supplement would seem to suggest that taking rather high doses isn't crazy, but I would like to know what to look out for if there are any potential issues. Also, are there any other nutrients than could get depleted that should be supplemented alongside large doses of K1/K2?
Good question. I personally notice when my vitamin k levels are too high that I'm more prone to pins and needles - I never get it normally but I start waking up in the night with it if I overdo the k1.

But we're all different so you need to work out your own signposts.

You'll also notice that the big energy boosts and mood enhancement effects will reduce slightly the more saturated you are.

I'm thinking more about trying to get my k1 from food. I like kiwis and they make me feel amazing!! Thinking about making an organic kale broth but then realised it's so high in vitamin A....

1000035366.png

Dr. B

so i quickly ran out of k1, and have been feeling worse gradually since i ran out of it.

The last 3-4 days have been really bad. Brain fog. Muscle ache.

I got k1 again today and took 500 mcg 2 minutes ago.

Curious to see if k1 again will make me feel better.

Which product are you using for K1, what do you think its doing exactly? Is there a blood clotting risk taking it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals