Combination Of Vitamins K2 & A Essentially Cures Leukemia

haidut

Forum Supporter
Stumbled upon this while researching the effects of vitamin K2 (MK-4) on blood coagulation. As you can see, the dose of vitamin K2 was not even that high - 20mg daily. ATRA was administered at 60mg daily. Keep in mind that the two toxic chemotherapeutic agents enocatibine and daunorubicin were already administered on their own and the patient relapsed. So, I think it is fair to say that the effect that amounts to a cure was due mostly/entirely to vitamin K2. Another shocking things is the speed with which vitamin K2 improved the condition - just one week!
I wonder how many people with leukemia out there (especially children) are getting poison as treatment when such a simple and cheap alternative exists.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9827941

"...Therefore we administered vitamin K2 (20mg/d) to our patient with APL together with enocitabine and daunorubicin. One week after the start of the new regimen promyelocytes disappeared from the peripheral blood (Fig. 1). Two months later bone marrow aspiration examination revealed complete cytogenic remission. In addition, PML/RARa fusion transcript and t(15;17) translocation disappeared."

I dug a little further and it seems that unlike vitamin K2, vitamin K1 has no curative effect against leukemia. So, another point for K2 and especially menatetrenone.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9177427

"...MK3, MK4, MK5 and GFO (at 10 microM) showed a potent apoptosis-inducing activity for all freshly isolated leukemia cells tested and for leukemia cell lines such as NB4, an acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL)-derived cell line and MDS92, a cell line derived from a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome, although there were some differences depending on the cells tested. In contrast, VK1 showed no effect on any of the leukemia cells. The combination of MK5 plus all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) resulted in enhanced induction of apoptosis in both freshly isolated APL cells and NB4 cells as compared to each reagent alone. These data suggest the possibility of using VK2 and its derivatives for the treatment of myelogenous leukemias, including APL."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Such_Saturation said:
Dangerous study :tinfoilhat

Which part is dangerous? The doses of vitamin K2 & A used or the added chemotherapy drugs?

4peatssake

haidut said:
I wonder how many people with leukemia out there (especially children) are getting poison as treatment when such a simple and cheap alternative exists.
Far too many.

Sheila

Well now, a month at high levels of Vit A (100,000iu) & K (30mg) did not achieve reduction in WBC count in an older friend with CLL. As can be expected it seems with use of Vit K, Hb improved, also eyesight is picking up (Vit A). So some progress.
The paucity of UK blood tests done these days aren't very helpful - anyone know what NEABS actually stands for? - but the approach will be continued - no obvious side effects - and possibly tetracycline added.
Before that, we are considering Baptisia tinctoria, a herbal anti-microbial, because it's possible there is some latent critter queering the pitch, and also I have not yet sourced tetracycline without prescription.
This person also has lowered platelet counts, not entirely sure of the mechanism, but latent bacterial infections can cause this. It won't be simple folate or B12 deficiency, afaik. Anyone have any other clues in this kind of condition? I can not find anything from Dr Peat discussing platelets, except that they carry serotonin, so too many can be problematic. Could vits A & K help here also? (There is no spontaneous bruising/bleeding present). Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you
Sheila

yomama

Sheila said:
This person also has lowered platelet counts

How much do you consider a low count ? Saturated fats and shark liver oil helped me raising my total, from less than 80.000 up to more than 100.000, but not any brand, just the Health Aid caps. Some people use papaya leaf extract but for me shark liver oil works better. Also anything able to improve spleen (and lymphatic system) condition.

Sheila

Thank you for your response Yomama. Low in this case is 85, lower limit stated as 150 on these tests. Your approach is something to consider, whole liver extract has more in it to consider than just vit A we are using. Sat fats would also reduce gut inflam perhaps which might also be an issue although not obvious in this presentation. I appreciate your thoughts.
Sheila

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sheila said:
post 113269 Well now, a month at high levels of Vit A (100,000iu) & K (30mg) did not achieve reduction in WBC count in an older friend with CLL. As can be expected it seems with use of Vit K, Hb improved, also eyesight is picking up (Vit A). So some progress.
The paucity of UK blood tests done these days aren't very helpful - anyone know what NEABS actually stands for? - but the approach will be continued - no obvious side effects - and possibly tetracycline added.
Before that, we are considering Baptisia tinctoria, a herbal anti-microbial, because it's possible there is some latent critter queering the pitch, and also I have not yet sourced tetracycline without prescription.
This person also has lowered platelet counts, not entirely sure of the mechanism, but latent bacterial infections can cause this. It won't be simple folate or B12 deficiency, afaik. Anyone have any other clues in this kind of condition? I can not find anything from Dr Peat discussing platelets, except that they carry serotonin, so too many can be problematic. Could vits A & K help here also? (There is no spontaneous bruising/bleeding present). Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you
Sheila

Sheila, you may want to recommend they ask their doctor about good old cyproheptadine in addition to the A/K regimen.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18502826
"...In myeloma and leukemia cells, cyproheptadine decreased expression of cyclins D1, D2, and D3 and arrested these cells in the G(0)/G(1) phase. After D-cyclin suppression, cyproheptadine induced apoptosis in myeloma and leukemia cell lines and primary patient samples preferentially over normal hematopoietic cells. In mouse models of myeloma and leukemia, cyproheptadine inhibited tumor growth without significant toxicity. Cyproheptadine-induced apoptosis was preceded by activation of the mitochondrial pathway of caspase activation and was independent of the drug's known activity as an H1 histamine and serotonin receptor antagonist. Thus, cyproheptadine represents a lead for a novel therapeutic agent for the treatment of malignancy. Because the drug is well tolerated and already approved in multiple countries for clinical use as an antihistamine and appetite stimulant, it could be moved directly into clinical trials for cancer."
"...Given the selectivity of cyproheptadine cytotoxicity toward malignant cell lines and primary patient samples, we explored its efficacy in vivo using 2 separate mouse models. DBA2 mice were injected intraperitoneally with MDAY-D2 mouse leukemia cells and treated with cyproheptadine (40 mg/kg per day over 5 days) or vehicle control. Significantly, treatment with cyproheptadine completely abolished the formation of malignant ascites in this mouse model (Figure 4A,B) without decreasing body weight (data not shown)."

The human equivalent dose of 35mg+ daily would be on the high end but another study found that 8mg daily in humans prevents the recurrence of hepatic cancer and higher dose did not give more benefit. The authors of the other study concluded that rodent models of cyrpoheptadine greatly overestimate the EC50 of the drug and in humans a dose that is an order of magnitude lower seems to be sufficient.
Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheila

Haidut, thank you for your thoughts. This gentleman already takes 2mg cyproheptadine and I feel that irritation/inflammation/histamine is in the mix here somewhere. We will consider more in due course.
I appreciate your time to respond.
Sheila

Koveras

Would this potentially apply to chronic lymphocytic leukemia?

Given that the doses are somewhat similar to what's in an entire bottle of Estroban (Vitamin A 150,000, Vitamin K 60mg), would dosing that daily for a short period of time be an option or would the larger amounts of E and D present any issues?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
delicinq said:
post 116105 Would this potentially apply to chronic lymphocytic leukemia?

Given that the doses are somewhat similar to what's in an entire bottle of Estroban (Vitamin A 150,000, Vitamin K 60mg), would dosing that daily for a short period of time be an option or would the larger amounts of E and D present any issues?

I think the 4 vitamins nicely balance each other. So, higher doses of vitamin E could cause bleeding issues but that is inhibited by vitamin K. Higher doses of vitamin D could cause hypercalcemia but that is inhibited by vitamin A. Vitamin A can cause some toxicity but that is inhibited by vitamin E. I think vitamin K is probably the only one without side effects, but in order for it to work well it needs vitamin D and A.
As far as whether this could help other forms of leukemia - I don't know since it has not been studied yet. However, the antibiotic tetracycline has been shown to keep CLL in remission indefinitely as long as it is taken. Human doses are in range of 250mg - 500mg daily.

Last edited by a moderator:

RMH

A relative was just diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, which appears to be a vague diagnosis for bone marrow/cell count abnormalities. Would a regimen of 20mg/day of K2, 100,000IU of vitamin A (short term), and 4-8mg of cypro be a good start?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
A relative was just diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, which appears to be a vague diagnosis for bone marrow/cell count abnormalities. Would a regimen of 20mg/day of K2, 100,000IU of vitamin A (short term), and 4-8mg of cypro be a good start?

With the disclaimer that she should be consulting with her doctor, I think this is a good regimen as a start. The dose of vitamin K2 can probably be upped as needed. There is a company in the USA running multiple human trials with vitamin K2 (MK-4) for pretty much all types of blood cancers including myelodysplastic syndrome and the dose tested is 45mg and 90mg daily. So, this means 15mg x 3 daily or 30mg x 3 daily. But starting with 20mg is probably a good way to gauge how she/he tolerates the vitamin K2.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How much A did they use in iu? Really confusing how they have a different measurement for a and e

ATRA does not have equivalents in IU as far as I know. The 60mg would be equivalent to about 200,000 IU if it was retinol instead of ATRA. That dose of retinol has been used clinically before for leukemia, and even as high as 400,000 IU did not show much toxicity. Adding even as little as 200 IU vitamin E should be able to eliminate even that.

Regina

With the disclaimer that she should be consulting with her doctor, I think this is a good regimen as a start. The dose of vitamin K2 can probably be upped as needed. There is a company in the USA running multiple human trials with vitamin K2 (MK-4) for pretty much all types of blood cancers including myelodysplastic syndrome and the dose tested is 45mg and 90mg daily. So, this means 15mg x 3 daily or 30mg x 3 daily. But starting with 20mg is probably a good way to gauge how she/he tolerates the vitamin K2.
Ah, I just received the news that a friend died of this MDS today. He was a young kid I used to train with at my old dojo. I think he was like half my age. His sister said he had a bone marrow transplant and frequent graphing and succombed today (but saw the eclipse). Sad.

mrseb

@haidut

Does it work with vitamin K2MK7 ?

for vitamin K2 the units are often noted in ug (mcg), for example I have a vitamin K2mk7 dosed at 20 ug per drop... how many mg does that correspond to ?

If I am not mistaken 20mg corresponds to 20,000 ug? It seems enormous to me.

Texon

Thank you for your response Yomama. Low in this case is 85, lower limit stated as 150 on these tests. Your approach is something to consider, whole liver extract has more in it to consider than just vit A we are using. Sat fats would also reduce gut inflam perhaps which might also be an issue although not obvious in this presentation. I appreciate your thoughts.
Sheila
@Sheila I know this is an older post so I hope this is not too late..firstly, your thoughts about "critters" is likely correct. Joe Tippens in Oklahoma City cured his stage 4 lung cancer with bodywide mets in 3 months back in 2016 with an antiparasite small pet medication made by Merck called Panacur C along with a couple of other simple things. He is still in great shape today. Go to www.mycancerstory.rocks for details It was all monitored by MD Anderson in real time. However, for CLL check out EGCG, Artemisian and AHCC as all have shown good outcomes getting rid of CLL. I am 68 and was personally diagnosed with CLL last December. However, I haven't started self treatment yet because it's very slow to progress. Trademarked pycnogenol has also been shown to promote death of leukemia cells.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...e-3,chemotherapeutic agent for human leukemia

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals