Normal Serum Copper, Very High Free Serum Copper

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Wow! Well, I was taking zinc back then, too. Maybe that's the point. I haven't taken zinc in about a week. I think I'll take another test in a while.
I think this is very possible.

I think one week is way too short time to get the zinc out of your system, I'd wait at least a month or two before re-testing.

Motif

Wow! Well, I was taking zinc back then, too. Maybe that's the point. I haven't taken zinc in about a week. I think I'll take another test in a while.
You have Gilbert syndrome too, right?
maybe it has something to do with it. I have it too

Vinero

I think you misunderstood my post. I'm not going to mindlessly load on copper expecting it to cure my disease. I'm going to push my body to produce as much ceruloplasmin as possible (by supplementing thyroid + retinol, selenium and b-vitamins from liver + vitamin c) while removing as many reasons for low ceruloplasmin as possible - one of them is low copper intake / poor copper absorbtion. I'm going to do that short term to break the cycle of low ceruloplasmin.

I have tried low-moderate copper diet for very long time, it only made me feel worse. I'm not going to do that any more. It obviously doesn't work. For nobody with copper metabolim problems.

This might not work either, but I'm willing to take the risk. If my blood results gets worse, I'm going to post about it so people won't make the same mistake as me.

Diabetics also "stay alive" by avoiding sugar. But that doesn't mean it is optimal or even good solution.

That's assuming all the copper you eat gets properly absorbed and utilized, but if we would be able to properly absorb and utilize copper, this thread would not be here.

You can't be serious here
Ok. so excessive zinc lowers ceruloplasmin, does that mean you avoid zinc rich foods like beef now? Or do you just avoid zinc supplements?
I have also had a history of taking zinc supplements and eating lots of beef. Then I found out I might have induced a copper deficiency by taking all this zinc. So I ordered some copper supplements, took 4 mgs a day for a few days but I didn't feel any better. In fact the copper supplement gave me brain fog. It felt quite toxic actually. I was doing a low vitamin A diet during this time though. So maybe the results of the copper supplement would be different if I would increase my retinol intake.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Ok. so excessive zinc lowers ceruloplasmin, does that mean you avoid zinc rich foods like beef now? Or do you just avoid zinc supplements?
I have also had a history of taking zinc supplements and eating lots of beef. Then I found out I might have induced a copper deficiency by taking all this zinc. So I ordered some copper supplements, took 4 mgs a day for a few days but I didn't feel any better. In fact the copper supplement gave me brain fog. It felt quite toxic actually. I was doing a low vitamin A diet during this time though. So maybe the results of the copper supplement would be different if I would increase my retinol intake.
I suspect human body can't properly bound / utilize copper from synthetic supplement even in full health. Especially not copper sebacate. Supplementing copper has to end up in copper toxicity even if you are actually copper deficient.

The fact that most copper supplements supply insane doses (like 22mg in one tablet) doesn't help either.

Astolfo

Liver has tons of copper and the required nutritions to metabolize it. It's probably the best supplement if you want some copper. I ate 400 gr in a week and at the end of the week I didn't gain my old cognitive abilities back unfortunately. though, it solved my diarrhea and bowel sensitivity for temporarily.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

How is your libido?
I have obsessive need to have sex when I'm stressed.

I'm going through periods when I have absolutely zero interest in sex, and then I have periods when I need to have sex many times a day.

Daniil

You have Gilbert syndrome too, right?
maybe it has something to do with it. I have it too
What is your free copper level? I would like to understand what symptoms may be associated with this, so I want to interview as many people as possible.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals