New to Bioenergetuc nutrition, have questions

rach822

I am new to the high card lifestyle and have a few questions. A little background, for the last 10 or so years I've been your typical low-carb, high fat, no sugar gal but would definitely go through phases of heavy binging on the most unhealthy foods for weeks on end. I've been a yo-yo dieter for almost my entire life starting in my teens. All that to say, I think it's resulted an excess weight gain and I'm just ready to stop fearing carbs and get my hormones and thyroid in order, and metabolic rate up (did a lot of intermittent fasting in the last 6 years 🙄). I have not had any blood tests since last year and will probably do so sometime beginning next year but I need to find a new doctor because mine closed his practice(he was trying to convince me to take the jab so good riddance I suppose). All that being said, here are some of the things I've been wondering about. After listening to countless hours of interviews with Georgi Dinkov and Ray peat, I'm a bit confused as to macro ratio. For instance, I think in one interview I heard RP say that someone could get as much as 1000 cal in healthy saturated fat. But then I was reading that you should keep fat intake to a minimal, protein to moderate and carbs high. I suppose there's probably many different ways to go about this, depending on your individual biological needs. Which I guess I'm not really sure what mine are at the moment. My current situation is I am 5'6", 130(ish) pounds(tend to fluctuate a little) and 39 years old. My goal is to drop excess body fat and get my metabolism rate up. I'm not sure my BMI but I know that I am carrying a lot more fat than muscle and you can see it, most people would not consider me fat with all my clothes on, but I think that most of my weight is body fat. It wasn't until recently that I really diligently started avoiding all PUFA (I've known about the dangers of it for a while, and have gone through periods of being really good, but then periods of being really bad so I am sure that I have tons PUFA in my body still).

Lately, I've been experiencing diarrhea, which is concerning to me because I know that means that you're not absorbing nutrients or that some thing is irritating your gut. I've really never had bad gut issues unless I've binged on a bunch of unhealthy foods for weeks in a row but then, as soon as I stop, my gut usually gets back in order. I'm wondering if this could be caused by orange juice or lots of dairy? I literally have not drank orange juice probably since I was a kid because of course it's high sugar and for the last 10 years I've avoided fruit like the plague. (Which is funny, because when I used to binge, I would just eat all sorts of terrible foods that were high in processed sugar. I used to be a big fan of Dr. Gundry (anyone familiar?) and he avoids fruit and says that fruit and sugar are essentially the same. So if I was going to binge, I figured might as well binge on the processed sugar which in my opinion was more satiating at the time).

I'm also wondering if maybe introducing so much fruit and honey all at once is just a shock to my system and that could be causing the diarrhea. Or adding milk as I haven't really drank milk ever but I've always eaten quite a bit of cheese. I just heard that when transitioning to high carb, it's best to do it slowly and not all at once, but too late, I kind of tend to jump into things headfirst.

I started introducing more carbs in October, but then stumbled upon Paul Saladino's animal based style of eating, and did that for a few weeks before transitioning back to more moderate protein and lower fat and higher carbs. at this point, I'm not really sure how much protein to fat to carbs I should be eating or where to even begin figuring this out. Anyway, any advice would be great! I've been on Ray Peat's blog, but there is so much information that someone that is not scientifically inclined starts to get overwhelmed! It seems that there are many people on this form that really understand the science, which I definitely appreciate!

Things I am currently supplementing with:

- Methylene blue
- Niacinamide
- Vitamin E
- Magnesium
-Vitamin D/K2
- Desiccated beef for organs
- Baby aspirin
- Digestive enzymes
- Sometimes a multivitamin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals