New Blood Test Can Detect Early Cancer

ob.jpg

"The ONCOblot® blood test identifies a specific type of protein in the blood, ENOX2, which exists only on the surface of a malignant cancer cell. The ENOX2 proteins are shed into the circulation and can be detected in the blood. These proteins serve as highly sensitive markers for confirmation of cancer presence. The test is a valuable complement to early intervention.

The ONCOblot® Test has been shown to detect cancer as early as Stage 0. The limit of detection is an estimated 2 million cells (2 mm or less tumor mass, roughly the size of a pinhead) compared to several billion cells for a positive mammogram."

Cancer Detection Test. ONCOblot Labs

Thanks to Doug Lisle for mentioning this.

tara

Interesting.
So for all us middle aged people, would half of us test positive? Given that most of us probably have tumours big enough to be visible?

schultz

Interesting.
So for all us middle aged people, would half of us test positive? Given that most of us probably have tumours big enough to be visible?

I was thinking along those same lines. This quote from Ray's article is interesting.

"In 1969, two years before the war against cancer had begun pouring public money into the pockets of the cancer establishment, Harry Rubin gave a lecture that criticized the cancer establishment’s claim that it was curing cancer. He cited a study by a pathologist who had looked for cancer in the tissues of people who had been killed in accidents. He found identifiable cancers in the tissues of everyone over the age of fifty that he examined. If everyone over 50 has histologically detectable cancer, then the use of biopsy specimens as the basis for determining whether a person needs treatment has no scientific basis."

I would be interested to read the original study. Ray doesn't seem to believe that the slice + dice method of dealing with cancer, followed by irradiating the person, is the greatest. We may be worse off with greater detection.

InChristAlone

Sounds like this would mean many more people being treated for cancer.

haidut

Forum Supporter
View attachment 3011

"The ONCOblot® blood test identifies a specific type of protein in the blood, ENOX2, which exists only on the surface of a malignant cancer cell. The ENOX2 proteins are shed into the circulation and can be detected in the blood. These proteins serve as highly sensitive markers for confirmation of cancer presence. The test is a valuable complement to early intervention.

The ONCOblot® Test has been shown to detect cancer as early as Stage 0. The limit of detection is an estimated 2 million cells (2 mm or less tumor mass, roughly the size of a pinhead) compared to several billion cells for a positive mammogram."

Cancer Detection Test. ONCOblot Labs

Thanks to Doug Lisle for mentioning this.

While this is certainly an interesting biomarker, I would like to see it compared for effectiveness to say LDH and its specific isoenzyme breakdown. The comparison should include improved survival post-diagnosis as this will catch cases where the people died due to treatments and not due to disease. Also, there is no stage 0 cancer. This is the part that drives me absolutely nuts and suggests the test, while medically possibly sound, is aimed at getting a lot more people into cancer treatments they probably don't need. Keep in mind that in some cases even well-established tumors do not qualify for a diagnosis as cancer.
Many Officially Diagnosed Cancers Are Not Cancer At All
In most cases, a stage 0 "cancer" is indistinguishable from a rapidly healing wound.

tyw

@tyw Thoughts on this test?

Well, this is the first time I'm coming across this test, so I'll have to work on little information ... :bag:

This is a paper published by the researchers -- ENOX2-based early detection (ONCOblot) of asbestos-induced malignant mesothelioma 4–10 years in advance of clinical symptoms

Personally, I always like more data rather than less, so if cost permits, I don't see any harm in this test. The cost is substantial though, so I doubt this will be a general diagnostic test anytime soon, but for the rich people out there, well, have at it.

If this protein is indeed cancer site specific like researchers claim (Cancer Site-Specific Isoforms of ENOX2 (tNOX), A Cancer-Specific Cell Surface Oxidase), then sufficient levels in serum would probably be able to give a positive diagnosis of cancer.

Of course, there is always the chance that there are cancer cells that do not express sufficient levels of this protein. The test can only guarantee a positive, not rule out the presence of all cancers.

Then the next question is: If this test is accurate, so what? What can the patient now do with the detection of a tiny tumour?

IMO, at best, we can hope that this test serves as an impetus for lifestyle interventions to reverse that tumour. If the test is accurate, it can then be followed up in a couple months to check if said tumour is continuing to grow, or disappearing. Again, cost considerations abound once we require multiple tests.

Then there's the whole "what will this do to my insurance status?" problem, which I have no clue how to address .... but I guess if a rich bloke is using this test, then that isn't as much of a problem.

For now, I view this as a tool in the tool belt for some of the marketed-to-rich-people anti-aging doctors out there ;)

ddjd

While this is certainly an interesting biomarker, I would like to see it compared for effectiveness to say LDH and its specific isoenzyme breakdown. The comparison should include improved survival post-diagnosis as this will catch cases where the people died due to treatments and not due to disease. Also, there is no stage 0 cancer. This is the part that drives me absolutely nuts and suggests the test, while medically possibly sound, is aimed at getting a lot more people into cancer treatments they probably don't need. Keep in mind that in some cases even well-established tumors do not qualify for a diagnosis as cancer.
In most cases, a stage 0 "cancer" is indistinguishable from a rapidly healing wound.

What's the highest LDH should be?

Last edited:

Lore

... agree!!!

And how many times have people come across information that has come out of the "western medicine establishment" that has been a LIE? Their information is meant to "create more clients and make them more dependent" on them .... and we are supposed to believe this?

Not that I am an authority, but have come to conclude that, the AMA was established to be in charge of "population control" and we are their lab rats ...

haidut

Forum Supporter
... agree!!!

And how many times have people come across information that has come out of the "western medicine establishment" that has been a LIE? Their information is meant to "create more clients and make them more dependent" on them .... and we are supposed to believe this?

Not that I am an authority, but have come to conclude that, the AMA was established to be in charge of "population control" and we are their lab rats ...

It is not just cancer that is overdiagnosed. Have you seen these threads?
New AHA & ACC Guidelines - High Blood Pressure Now 130/80?
Many Hypertension Diagnoses Are Wrong And Due To People Being Rushed

Like you said - we are nothing but labrats and "consumers of medicine" as one recent editorial of JAMA referred to the general population.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals