My Bloodwork

Hi,

I was hoping someone could look at my bloodwork and see if anything comes up that I should be aware of.

This is my current regimine

1. Preg 60mg nightly
2. Prometrium-300mg nightly
3. Testosterone .5ml morning
4. DHEA-25mg once a week
5. Dessicated thyroid-120mg, rolling back to 30mg each morning
6. Vit A-15000IU
7. Vit D-4000IU will be scaling back to 1000
8. Cal/Mag 1g
9. Herbotox (contains sagara)
10. OX bile-really helps with constipation
11. Biotin
12. B6
13. Vit E-just starting up again, ran out and was too lazy to buy again 400mg
14. Zinc- 50mg when I dont eat oysters

Okay so here are my results. FYI I am in Canada (units may vary). Blood work was done during Jan 2013- had my fist period in 2 years during this time

Estradiol 255pmol/L (was 78 in Oct 2012)
FSH 6IU/L
LH 5IU/L
Progesterone 47.3 nmol/L was 26 in Oct 2012 and 1.2 in May 2012)
Prolactin 7ug/L (suggested rainge is 0-25)
Free t3 is 12.5pml.L (range is 3.5-6.5)
free t4 22.2 pmol/L (range is 10-25)
testosterone 2.4nmol/L (range is 0.5-3)
TSH <0.01 mIU/L (range is .2-6)

Ferritin 201 ug/L (range 12-375) was 156 in May 2012
Iron 12umol/L (range 12-31)

Vit A 1.6umol/L (range 1.5-3.5)
Vit E 13umol/L (range 12-45)

Alanine Tranaminase 48U/L
(Range is 1-40)
Calcium 2.34 mmol//L (range is 2.1-2.55)
Iron Binding Cap 37umol/L (40-77)
Vit B12 843 pmol/L (155-700)

Cholesterol 3.31mmol/L (3.2-4.6)
Triglycerides .69mmol (.6-2.3)
HDL 1.15mmol
LDL 1.85 mmol

Apolipoprotein B-1 .57g/l (.6-1.17)
Lipoprotein a .36g/L 0-.3

DHEA-s 10.7umol/L (1.5-13)--3.5 in Oct 2012
Parathyroid 15ng/L (13-54)--7 in Oct 2012
Sex hormone bind glob 144nmol/L (20-100) 109 in Oct 2012

IGE 500.3 KIU/L--Was told this is extremely high.

Homocysteine 5.8nmol/L (4.1-9.9)

IGF 3mg/L (2-4.3)

*Pending orders on Zinc and Copper, takes 5 weeks to process*

So my main issues currently are 1) anhedonia-lack of feeling essentailly. 2) zero libido 3) vaginal dryness

Stats 26yo female
123 lbs-up from a low of 108 exactly one year ago
5'3
Diet
Eggs
Carrot salad
melon
watermelon
grass fed ground beef
oysters
ice cream
salt
grapes
oranges
tilapia
shrimp
crab
chicken every now and then

In a previous post I asked about bromocriptine as I want to get over this anhedonia, but prolactin came normal. Got my serotonin tested a long time ago and it came back normal but I cannot find those results I dont know where it was in the range. Was looking into Tianpetine (sp?) as it seems to have great reviews but cannot find a reliable source to buy from online. Sort of feel stuck. My doctor is very supportive of experimenting with SSRE if I can find a legit source.

chris

Seems like you're doing a lot right, have you experimented with gelatin at all? Do you not drink milk?

OP

Thanks for taking the time respond Chris.

I eat gummy candies every now and then. I have experiment with gelatin but havent done too much as of late. Trying to think of new ways to consume it.

Milk is still very tricky for me. even half a cup bloats me and creates acne. So i wanted to build up my zinc, copper vit a etc before I experiment a bit more.

chris

I just make a jelly out of oj, gelatin and salt and eat some every so often.

Although I don't have this issue, possibly try drinking small amounts, as much as you can without a reaction and keep it up for a few weeks. All issues I previously had with milk have gone after drinking it daily for months.

Do you know how much protein and sugar you are getting a day?

OP

Protein is between 75-90g a day. Carbs (from fruit, ice cream) between 150-300g daily.

Edle

032487 said:
Blood work was done during Jan 2013- had my fist period in 2 years during this time

Great step forward 032487! Dryness and 0 libido comes with the territory. Hopefully things will pick up now.

Each situation is complicated, so it is always hard to know, but here are a couple of comments:

- Have you considered switching from Prometrium to Progest-E? The latter is probably better absorbed and safer (Prometrium has peanut oil I think).
- You take a lot of supplements. Have you considered simplifying a bit? I was taking a lot of stuff too. One do when one is desperate (also had amenorrhea). I then cut all supplements (was not taking any hormones) and tried to cover everything by diet. I started desiccated thyroid only. That is when I got my period back. Maybe you can cut testosterone and DHEA? Taking thyroid, DHEA, pregnenolone, progesterone and testosterone at the same time - that is a lot.
- Your T3 is high, but in my experience, it is better do make changes to desiccated thyroid doses a bit more gradually. Going from 2 grains to 1/2 grain overnight could maybe be a bit drastic.
- If you are constipated, maybe you could try more very ripe fruit.
- Recommend you chart your cycles (temp and other fertility signs) with FAM or a similar method now - will help you understand progesterone levels etc. Will probably take some time for them to regulate, so this can help you understand what´s happening.

All the best.

Mittir

I just noticed one thing that your total cholesterol is very low. As far as i know , Ray Peat thinks cholesterol that low can be unhealthy. I think it would be a good idea for you to ask Ray peat at least about your cholesterol level. Your tranferrin saturation is about 32 percent bit high for a female of your age

OP

So got some more bloodwork back

TSH-is like .1 or something close
FT3 and FT4 were both Low (not super low) but my doctor called me in expecting me to be on the floor crawling with exhaustion.

I have read that numbers like this still show signs of hypo. Currently on Dessicated Thyroid, should I switch over to Cytomel (T3 I believe)? Also read that Low Dose Naltrexone helps with the conversion to T3?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
032487, I am curious as to what brand of thyroid are you taking?

jnhermann

032487:

Your lipoprotein (a) is high. Linus Pauling (the father of Modern Chemistry) dedicated his career to the study of heart disease and vitamin C. He discovered that lipoprotein (a) is the one and only substance related to risk of heart disease. It is only lipoprotein (a) that forms plaque in the arteries. He also discovered the cure for cardiovascular/heart disease, which is Vitamin C and the amino acid L-lysine. Cardiovascular disease is quite simply a deficiency in ascorbate (Vitamin C), just like scurvy (a cardiovascular disease) was back in the day (which was also cured with Vitamin C). Pauling concluded that levels of lipoprotein (a) greater than .20 g/L (in the US its 20mg/dL) indicate heart disease risk. Your levels aren't extremely high, but high nonetheless. I just had my lipoprotein (a) test done and mine is at 3mg/dL, or .03g/L (very low, which is good).

Vitamin C and L-Lysine taken in high enough amounts will lower lipoprotein (a) levels. Lysine binds with lipoprotein (a) facilitating its removal, and the vitamin C and Lysine both help the body to make collagen which repairs blood vessels. Lack of Vitamin C equals a lack of collagen in the body. Over time, this results in a breakdown of body tissues, including blood vessels. The therapy is simple, very cheap, and non-toxic: 10 grams of Vit C per day and 6 grams of L-lysine.

Animals do not get heart disease. Animals make their own Vitamin C, and do so at the human equivalent of 9 to 12 grams a day. Humans, primates, and guinea pigs all get heart disease - and, not coincidentally, do not synthesize their own Vitamin C.

Go to www.PaulingTherapy.com to learn more. It's exciting stuff.

OP

Hi Charlie,

Taking EFRA Natural Dessicated 30mg in the morning sublingually

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thank you, 032487.

ejalrp

032487:

Your lipoprotein (a) is high. Linus Pauling (the father of Modern Chemistry) dedicated his career to the study of heart disease and vitamin C. He discovered that lipoprotein (a) is the one and only substance related to risk of heart disease. It is only lipoprotein (a) that forms plaque in the arteries. He also discovered the cure for cardiovascular/heart disease, which is Vitamin C and the amino acid L-lysine. Cardiovascular disease is quite simply a deficiency in ascorbate (Vitamin C), just like scurvy (a cardiovascular disease) was back in the day (which was also cured with Vitamin C). Pauling concluded that levels of lipoprotein (a) greater than .20 g/L (in the US its 20mg/dL) indicate heart disease risk. Your levels aren't extremely high, but high nonetheless. I just had my lipoprotein (a) test done and mine is at 3mg/dL, or .03g/L (very low, which is good).

Vitamin C and L-Lysine taken in high enough amounts will lower lipoprotein (a) levels. Lysine binds with lipoprotein (a) facilitating its removal, and the vitamin C and Lysine both help the body to make collagen which repairs blood vessels. Lack of Vitamin C equals a lack of collagen in the body. Over time, this results in a breakdown of body tissues, including blood vessels. The therapy is simple, very cheap, and non-toxic: 10 grams of Vit C per day and 6 grams of L-lysine.

Animals do not get heart disease. Animals make their own Vitamin C, and do so at the human equivalent of 9 to 12 grams a day. Humans, primates, and guinea pigs all get heart disease - and, not coincidentally, do not synthesize their own Vitamin C.

Go to www.PaulingTherapy.com to learn more. It's exciting stuff.

As far as I know there have been no actual studies done on Pauling's theory and it remains for the most part ignored and/or considered worthless. There are some anecdotal reports on its effectiveness, but there are anecdotal reports for any cure/remedy one can imagine so it's a long way away from proven. Meanwhile I believe there are actual studies showing that mega doses of Vitamin C are associated with higher cancer risks and I seem to recall some negative reports on lysine as well. I'd love to believe that Pauling was correct and if anyone does know of a rigorous study, please post it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals