Kidney Consumption Lowers Histamines & More

TucsonJJ

I sometimes like to make up a batch of sprouted oat pancakes and use the leftovers (from the freezer) as bread, putting butter and jelly on one, or my homemade peanut butter and jelly. You can make a batch a little less sweet and a little more salty for savory things. Hmmm… I wonder what one of those more savory pancakes would be like as a hamburger? 🤔
You buy sprouted oat flour? Not familiar, but I don't cook much, aside from basics... btw: is peanut butter OK? I hear it is... and also that it is the devil... of course, no hydrogenated... but Jif natural? Trader Joe's?
Now I am really starving... and it is not sophisticated to have drool running down my manly chest! ;-(

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ah... I think that is because it goes so fast off the shelves? My Trader Joe does a lot of biz... and that bread sometimes even runs out... and their price is much better than other stores, which keep it in the freezer dept... though the cost is not a big deal, at 67, I have been fortunate financially... also, TJ's doesn;t carry the Flax version of Ezekiel, which I find to be best.. so I get the Sesame usually.
Jeeze, I'm not sure I have ever run into raw sprouted flour... lucky I am not crazy about raw cookie dough anything... but I LOVE ice cream! I know I should get the "good" stuff, like Hagen Daz's few selections of ice cream with no ugly additives... vanilla, chocolate, cherry and strawberry... their Black and white cookie is xlnt, but may have some not-so-good stuff in it... but I think Blue Bell Natural vanilla is pretty free of bad stuff. Tillamook's vanilla flavors are pretty close, but are not as good, IMO. ;-)
If you have histamine issues I would not partake in that unrefrigerated unstable Ezekiel bread, it already started the rise in histamines just sitting out for only one day. If leftovers in the refrigerator have histamines rising quickly that Ezekiel bread sitting out is doing double the fun!

TucsonJJ

If you have histamine issues I would not partake in that unrefrigerated unstable Ezekiel bread, it already started the rise in histamines just sitting out for only one day. If leftovers in the refrigerator have histamines rising quickly that Ezekiel bread sitting out is doing double the fun!
Yikes! I will take that advice. I do freeze mine as soon as I get home... but no need to chance it. thanks!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
You buy sprouted oat flour? ;-(
I buy sprouted oatmeal and stick it in the blender to make flour, and make all kinds of healthy things with that sprouted oatmeal. I want for nothing. I eat like a Queen, but I have to put in the time and effort to treat myself that way, and coincidentally it saves me money too. You can the sprouted oats online at Vitacost.com They offer free shipping on orders $49 and over..

1705521949656.jpeg

1705522078027.jpeg

1705522109060.jpeg

1705522144131.jpeg

1705522296626.jpeg

1705522542914.jpeg

1705522568422.jpeg

1705522603731.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat

TucsonJJ

I am on the devil side of peanut butter. So I make my own with defatted peanut butter. You can get that in vitacost.com too, I linked the page for you below, as well as various ways so use it, so far…

View attachment 60532
View attachment 60533
View attachment 60534
View attachment 60535
Arrrrrragh!! I think I am going to faint.

But thanks for that info... I might just have to learn how to make some of those delicious looking things!!!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Arrrrrragh!! I think I am going to faint.

But thanks for that info... I might just have to learn how to make some of those delicious looking things!!!
You do need to learn! I put in the half hour or so, or even less time, to cook and have cookies, peanut butter, stew and meals ready in the freezer for the whole week! It makes for a really stress free and enjoyable life. It’ll make you popular too. I just shared last night a couple of jars of my organic pectin free orange marmalade and my Meyer’s lemon marmalade. It is so fast for me to make, with only about 30 minutes hands-on time and one hour of letting it cook with only a couple of stirs. Three oranges, or lemons, makes me 4 one-cup jars of jam, which saves me $48 buying hard to finding an organic one in the store, and I can’t even find any without pectin!

TucsonJJ

You do need to learn! I put in the half hour or so, or even less time, to cook and have cookies, peanut butter, stew and meals ready in the freezer for the whole week! It makes for a really stress free and enjoyable life. It’ll make you popular too. I just shared last night a couple of jars of my organic pectin free orange marmalade and my Meyer’s lemon marmalade. It is so fast for me to make, with only about 30 minutes hands-on time and one hour of letting it cook with only a couple of stirs. Three oranges, or lemons, makes me 4 one-cup jars of jam, which saves me $48 buying hard to finding an organic one in the store, and I can’t even find any without pectin!
You are right, I need to learn...
I know you have posted some recipes on this site... I'll look them over...
I bought a few of these, some for me, some as small Xmas gifts/stocking stuffers... seems to be pretty healthy... very good, a different sort of flavor... a bit heavier... tried it on some vanilla ice cream... tasty.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
You are right, I need to learn...
I know you have posted some recipes on this site... I'll look them over...
I bought a few of these, some for me, some as small Xmas gifts/stocking stuffers... seems to be pretty healthy... very good, a different sort of flavor... a bit heavier... tried it on some vanilla ice cream... tasty.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as Ray Prat had praised the benefits of orange peels and marmalade, he said they are only beneficial if they are organic, because the oranges are heavily sprayed with pesticides, which is all in the peels. Like I said, is so very hard to find organic marmalade, and without pectin forget it. I finally resorted to maligning my own, which I had thought would be a big task, but it was stupidly easy. The trick though is is to slice the whole orange and soak it overnight to release it’s natural pectin. It is the best marmalades I have ever had! I may go into business with it, because it is that good and rare! Here are some more torture pics for you!

1705528636144.jpeg

1705528685929.jpeg

1705528711452.jpeg

1705528842624.jpeg

TucsonJJ

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as Ray Prat had praised the benefits of orange peels and marmalade, he said they are only beneficial if they are organic, because the oranges are heavily sprayed with pesticides, which is all in the peels. Like I said, is so very hard to find organic marmalade, and without pectin forget it. I finally resorted to maligning my own, which I had thought would be a big task, but it was stupidly easy. The trick though is is to slice the whole orange and soak it overnight to release it’s natural pectin. It is the best marmalades I have ever had! I may go into business with it, because it is that good and rare! Here are some more torture pics for you!

View attachment 60541
View attachment 60542
View attachment 60543
View attachment 60544
Jeeze!!! thanks a lot, Cruella! :): Looks great! I guess my "Tawny" is not organic, eh? Ah well... probably full of histamine anyway...
Off topic... what do you think about cannabis?

Dave Clark

If anyone is a Costco member they have 'One Degree {Farmers we know}' brand of sprouted organic oats for a good price. You can get them on line, but not as cheap.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
If anyone is a Costco member they have 'One Degree {Farmers we know}' brand of sprouted organic oats for a good price. You can get them on line, but not as cheap.
That is a good brand too that I have used. I eat a lot of bowls in a week of their sprouted brown rice cereal. I get it at Sprout’s, but it is also available online at vitacost.com
1705535145065.jpeg

TucsonJJ

I never found it to be something I needed for anything. If you don’t mind I prefer tequila.
What do you "need" tequila for?? :cool: haha I hear it can make women's shirts mysteriously come off... hmmmmm!!!!

If you are rich, try Clase Azul Plata ($152 for 750ml), the best I have had... if poor... Cuervo 1800 Silver ( I much prefer blancos, perhaps another histamine thing?)
If in between, Herradura, Don Julio or Avion are nice... I like tequila too!!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What do you "need" tequila for?? :cool: haha I hear it can make women's shirts mysteriously come off... hmmmmm!!!!

If you are rich, try Clase Azul Plata ($152 for 750ml), the best I have had... if poor... Cuervo 1800 Silver ( I much prefer blancos, perhaps another histamine thing?)
If in between, Herradura, Don Julio or Avion are nice... I like tequila too!!
Tequila does not make my shirt come off, because with any alcohol it kills the libido.The high estrogen wake it leaves the next day does the opposite though, at least for me. Tequila is slow to go into the blood stream so it doesn’t alter my head like other alcohols do. I switched to tequila because of it’s medicinal qualities. Having it straight with a heavy meal helps digestion. My face would turn red with other alcohols, but not white tequila, which tells me it does not overly raise my histamine levels. Unlike other spirits white tequila makes you warm and happy not an idiot, if you drink one too many. I like to stay classy, but fun.

TucsonJJ

Tequila does not make my shirt come off, because with any alcohol it kills the libido.The high estrogen wake it leaves the next day does the opposite though, at least for me. Tequila is slow to go into the blood stream so it doesn’t alter my head like other alcohols do. I switched to tequila because of it’s medicinal qualities. Having it straight with a heavy meal helps digestion. My face would turn red with other alcohols, but not white tequila, which tells me it does not overly raise my histamine levels. Unlike other spirits white tequila makes you warm and happy not an idiot, if you drink one too many. I like to stay classy, but fun.
Ah... I have the same experience, far less, if any, hangover... good for digestion? xlnt! I no longer ever drink to excess, and have abstained for years... due to gut issues... but I really did enjoy it... so may bring it back a little, after I get rid of all the damned supplements... thx!

Yes, drunks are no fun at all. To me, weed is a much better high than lots of booze... but in small doses, yes white tequila is great.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ah... I have the same experience, far less, if any, hangover... good for digestion? xlnt! I no longer ever drink to excess, and have abstained for years... due to gut issues... but I really did enjoy it... so may bring it back a little, after I get rid of all the damned supplements... thx!

Yes, drunks are no fun at all. To me, weed is a much better high than lots of booze... but in small doses, yes white tequila is great.
Make sure you keep to the clear white ones as the dark ones have 100 times more toxins…

“Jason Eisner, beverage director at Gracias Madre, a vegan Mexican restaurant in West Hollywood name-checked in wellness holy bible Goop, adds: “José Cuervo — what most Americans think of as tequila — is 42 percent corn syrup, which gives you a horrible hangover. We have a lot of trainers and fitness gurus who come in and drink every day — and the way they’re able to do that is to stick to pure agave spirits. As long as you stay hydrated and don’t drink, like, a whole bottle, you’re fine. Not hungover.”

“The way you drink your tequila matters. Drinking tequila neat tends to be the preferred way for consumers looking for a healthier choice,” counsels Bertha Gonzalez-Nieves, co-founder and CEO of Casa Dragones and Maestra Tequilera.

But isn’t tequila most frequently associated with wanting to die the morning after? Maybe in the popular imagination, but not according to science. In addition to lacking that added corn syrup, “blanco tequila contains a lower level of congeners than dark spirits and red wine,” explains Emily Han, herbalist and author of Wild Drinks and Cocktails. “Congeners are substances like acetone and tannins that are produced during fermentation and aging, and studies show they may worsen hangovers.””

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@TucsonJJ

“Alcohol-induced histamine release can have various effects on the body. One of the most common symptoms is the dilation of blood vessels, which can result in facial flushing and redness. This is particularly noticeable in individuals with Asian flush syndrome, a condition characterized by an inability to break down alcohol properly due to a deficiency in the enzyme responsible for metabolizing alcohol, called aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH).

In addition to facial flushing, increased histamine levels can also contribute to nasal congestion and allergy-like symptoms. This is why some individuals may experience a runny nose, sneezing, or itchy eyes after consuming alcohol.

Furthermore, histamines are known to stimulate the production of stomach acid, which can lead to acid reflux and heartburn. This is why some people may experience gastrointestinal discomfort or indigestion after drinking alcohol.

Specific Alcoholic Beverages and Their Histamine Content​

While alcohol, in general, can contribute to histamine intolerance, the histamine content varies among different types of alcoholic beverages. Some studies suggest that fermented beverages like wine and beer tend to have higher histamine levels compared to spirits, including tequila.

Wine, in particular, has been found to contain significant amounts of histamines. This is because the fermentation process of wine involves the conversion of sugars into alcohol by yeast. During fermentation, histamine-producing bacteria can also thrive, leading to higher histamine levels in the final product.

Beer, another fermented beverage, can also contain histamines. The brewing process involves the fermentation of grains, which can provide an environment for histamine-producing bacteria to grow.

On the other hand, spirits like tequila, vodka, and gin are generally considered to have lower histamine levels. This is because they are distilled, a process that involves heating the liquid and separating the alcohol from other compounds. The distillation process can help reduce the histamine content in the final product.”

“While there is limited research specifically on the histamine content of tequila, anecdotal evidence suggests that tequila may have lower histamine levels compared to other alcoholic beverages, particularly those that undergo prolonged fermentation like wine and beer.

Histamine intolerance is a condition where the body has difficulty breaking down histamine, leading to symptoms such as headaches, flushing, and nasal congestion. Individuals with histamine intolerance often have to be cautious about their food and drink choices, as certain foods and beverages can trigger their symptoms.

For those with histamine intolerance, tequila may be a safer choice. The distillation process in tequila production helps to remove histamine-producing microorganisms, potentially reducing the histamine content of the final product.”

“Let's delve deeper into the histamine levels of different types of alcohol. Wine, for example, is known to have higher histamine levels due to the fermentation process. The longer the fermentation period, the higher the histamine content. This can be problematic for individuals with histamine intolerance, as it can trigger allergic reactions or worsen existing symptoms.

Beer, on the other hand, also contains histamine, but the levels can vary depending on the brewing process and ingredients used. Some beers, especially those made with certain grains or yeast strains, may have higher histamine content. This can be a concern for individuals who are sensitive to histamine.

Now, let's focus on tequila and why it may be a better choice for individuals with histamine intolerance. Apart from potentially lower histamine levels, tequila also contains fewer congeners compared to darker spirits like whiskey and brandy.

Congeners are byproducts of fermentation and are known to contribute to hangovers and allergic reactions in some individuals. Darker spirits, which undergo longer aging processes, tend to have higher congener levels. These congeners can exacerbate histamine intolerance symptoms and make the overall drinking experience less enjoyable for those who are sensitive.

Tequila, on the other hand, is typically made from the blue agave plant and undergoes a shorter aging process. This results in a spirit with fewer congeners, making it a potentially better choice for individuals who want to minimize the risk of allergic reactions or hangovers.“

TucsonJJ

Make sure you keep to the clear white ones as the dark ones have 100 times more toxins…

“Jason Eisner, beverage director at Gracias Madre, a vegan Mexican restaurant in West Hollywood name-checked in wellness holy bible Goop, adds: “José Cuervo — what most Americans think of as tequila — is 42 percent corn syrup, which gives you a horrible hangover. We have a lot of trainers and fitness gurus who come in and drink every day — and the way they’re able to do that is to stick to pure agave spirits. As long as you stay hydrated and don’t drink, like, a whole bottle, you’re fine. Not hungover.”

“The way you drink your tequila matters. Drinking tequila neat tends to be the preferred way for consumers looking for a healthier choice,” counsels Bertha Gonzalez-Nieves, co-founder and CEO of Casa Dragones and Maestra Tequilera.

But isn’t tequila most frequently associated with wanting to die the morning after? Maybe in the popular imagination, but not according to science. In addition to lacking that added corn syrup, “blanco tequila contains a lower level of congeners than dark spirits and red wine,” explains Emily Han, herbalist and author of Wild Drinks and Cocktails. “Congeners are substances like acetone and tannins that are produced during fermentation and aging, and studies show they may worsen hangovers.””

Most important in tequila is getting 100% "de agave". The rest is called "Mixto" and is indeed poisonous and full of sugar and other stuff. Most of remember puking up "Cuervo Gold", perhaps the most popular mixto crap.
The Reposado and Anejo versions are simply aged... usually in previously used wooded casks... white/blanco is not... and yes, they can have FAR higher histamine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals