Kidney Consumption Lowers Histamines & More

TucsonJJ

View attachment 60516
@TucsonJJ
Have you been tested to find out if you are allergic to cannabis? Orange juice is high in histamines, but vitamin C is beneficial to lower and/or heal histamine issues. If you can push through possible issues with orange juice then let it be fresh and very importantly make sure the orange is organic. Don’t drink those nefarious packaged juices. Eat only one orange at a time, and strain off the pulp. I suggest mixing that bit of juice in something like a fresh made black tea, for the caffeine and add a lot of sugar. Work your way up to several more oranges that way, separating them, and having them several times a day. I also like to make a Gatorade-like drink, squeezing and straining the juice of three oranges and add in equal parts water, some sugar and salt. The sugar and salt and dilution counteracts the histamines in the oranges this way. The cheeses are not great for histamines, because of the aging process and bacterias they add, but mozzarella not being aged in the making of it is the best of the bunch, but who knows how long it has been sitting in the refrigerator case. The biggest thing you can do for histamine issues is to avoid aged things. Leftovers cause problems. This is where meat causes issues. I don’t buy meat in the refrigerator section, only products that were packaged immediately to be sold frozen. Stores will throw meat that is about to expire into the freezer case so be careful about that. If I make a meal, I freeze the leftovers. Nothing aged is such an important factor to reducing a high histamine load, to a point where the body can focus on healing. That histamine bucket spilling over into all kind of symptoms is what needs to be addressed. Subtraction and not adding is the answer to the histamine mysteries.
No, I will ask my allergy Doc about testing for it... I really like cannabis and it helps me a lot...
I have been drinking OJ, but only in the cartons... from concentrate... sometimes buy the not-from-concentrate OJ from Sprouts, a natural food store here...
I found a well-priced DAO supplement, but it has the bad extra ingredients too...

I think you previously said that bifidobacterium was good for histamine... I wonder why a lot of Peaters dislike probiotics so much? A sterile gut? Sounds incongruous... no?

Are you still against rice, even if well washed and cooked? I eat it often... have you heard of a guy, Dr McDougall, and his "Rice diet"?? Actually pretty interesting... but I would think problematic... he LOVES starches...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plpiRcVMbg0&t=5s

it does seem to help a LOT of people... I am so frustrated in finding stuff I can eat without issues,,, i am tempted...
Thx for the info... I will try to follow your advice!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I just responded tto @ecstatichamster this below in another thread…

“I’m with you on the thiamin Hamster, just not in a supplement form for me. The supplements are the lesser of the two evils for sure, between supplements verses the stress of the reaction, but in my healing journey I found eliminating all supplements and using food instead, catapulted my health ahead quite a bit. I like to think I cured my histamine intolerance since I have addressed every little thing around me, but I wonder if Histamine Intolerance is an illness to cure at all, but rather a feisty immune system tired of the nonsense and kicking into high gear to voice itself. In a thread recently I read a really interesting statement that “a schizophrenic brain is so tired that cancer can’t even grow in that body”. Histamine intolerance may be the opposite side of that coin. I am glad I developed Histamine Intolerance. If I hadn’t I would have kept doing things that were breaking my body down to the point that I may have finally succumbed and thrown myself at the mercy of the medical system. I think everyone should consider Histamine Intolerance first as the cause of their issues, because many symptoms of Histamine Intolerance can be mistaken for so many other illnesses. Misdiagnoses is a top cause of death in America, and it is sad to think that many of those people taking those inappropriate medications didn’t need to lose their lives had Histamine Intolerance been talked about.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think you previously said that bifidobacterium was good for histamine... I wonder why a lot of Peaters dislike probiotics so much? A sterile gut? Sounds incongruous... no?
I did not say probiotics or prebiotics are appropriate for histamine intolerance. I have only said that acidophilus WITH bifidus cured my son’s yeast infection.

TucsonJJ

I did not say probiotics or prebiotics are appropriate for histamine intolerance. I have only said that acidophilus WITH bifidus cured my son’s yeast infection.
I didn't mean to "accuse"... I saw a recommendation in an old '21 post, that you responded to, but did not post the original claim about Bifidobacterium... sorry!

shine said:

If you have trouble with histamine and food sensitivities, take Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium longum and Bifidobacterium infantis. They degrade histamine.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Are you still against rice, even if well washed and cooked? I eat it often... have you heard of a guy, Dr McDougall, and his "Rice diet"?? Actually pretty interesting... but I would think problematic... he LOVES starches...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plpiRcVMbg0&t=5s

I still do not find white rice optimal, akin to the same as Ray Peat not recommending white sugar if there are better choices like good ripe fruit or raw honey available. White sugar and white rice have no nutrition value in comparison. My starch of choice is the less starchy white sweet potatoes or the less starchy and more sugar laden red potatoes, otherwise I eat sprouted grains to get my grain fix. If have a wheat splurge I at least make sure it is organic so I am not killing myself with Round-up. People eat regular wheat and wonder why they have reactions. Maybe it is not the wheat and is because of the glysophate and GMO reasons instead…

“Farmers there often had trouble getting wheat and barley to dry evenly so they can start harvesting. So they came up with the idea to kill the crop (with glyphosate) one to two weeks before harvest to accelerate the drying down of the grain,” he said.

The pre-harvest use of glyphosate allows farmers to harvest crops as much as two weeks earlier than they normally would, an advantage in northern, colder regions.”

“Glyphosate Side Effects​

Some of the ways to get in contact with glyphosate are by touching, swallowing, or inhaling the chemical [4].

Short-term side effects of glyphosate and pesticide residues are:

1. Skin irritation
  2. Eye irritation
  3. Throat/nose irritation
  4. Burns in the throat/mouth
  5. Increased saliva
  6. Nausea
  7. Diarrhea
  8. Vomiting
The severity of side effects is based on how individuals were exposed to the chemical. Also, the duration of exposure plays a significant role too.

Some of the more serious side effects are:

The primary reason glyphosate is bad for human health is its content of formulants. The most dangerous formulant is POEA, a petroleum-based oxidized molecule.

In one of the studies, scientists concluded that exposing human cells to the components of glyphosate formulations is toxic and bad for human health [5]. Also, in the same study, scientists identified heavy metals such as chromium, arsenic, and cobalt, which are known to be toxic to humans and their endocrine system.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I didn't mean to "accuse"... I saw a recommendation in an old '21 post, that you responded to, but did not post the original claim about Bifidobacterium... sorry!

shine said:

If you have trouble with histamine and food sensitivities, take Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium longum and Bifidobacterium infantis. They degrade histamine.
No apologies necessary. I did take it for years just for good health, but I don’t know if it really helped or hindered. Three years ago I wasn’t even as healthy as I am now. I was still taking supplements until a year and a half or so ago.

TucsonJJ

I still do not find white rice optimal, akin to the same as Ray Peat not recommending white sugar if there are better choices like good ripe fruit or raw honey available. White sugar and white rice have no nutrition value in comparison. My starch of choice is the less starchy white sweet potatoes or the less starchy and more sugar laden red potatoes, otherwise I eat sprouted grains to get my grain fix. If have a wheat splurge I at least make sure it is organic so I am not killing myself with Round-up. People eat regular wheat and wonder why they have reactions. Maybe it is not the wheat and is because of the glysophate and GMO reasons instead…

“Farmers there often had trouble getting wheat and barley to dry evenly so they can start harvesting. So they came up with the idea to kill the crop (with glyphosate) one to two weeks before harvest to accelerate the drying down of the grain,” he said.

The pre-harvest use of glyphosate allows farmers to harvest crops as much as two weeks earlier than they normally would, an advantage in northern, colder regions.”

“Glyphosate Side Effects​

Some of the ways to get in contact with glyphosate are by touching, swallowing, or inhaling the chemical [4].

Short-term side effects of glyphosate and pesticide residues are:

1. Skin irritation
  2. Eye irritation
  3. Throat/nose irritation
  4. Burns in the throat/mouth
  5. Increased saliva
  6. Nausea
  7. Diarrhea
  8. Vomiting
The severity of side effects is based on how individuals were exposed to the chemical. Also, the duration of exposure plays a significant role too.

Some of the more serious side effects are:

The primary reason glyphosate is bad for human health is its content of formulants. The most dangerous formulant is POEA, a petroleum-based oxidized molecule.

In one of the studies, scientists concluded that exposing human cells to the components of glyphosate formulations is toxic and bad for human health [5]. Also, in the same study, scientists identified heavy metals such as chromium, arsenic, and cobalt, which are known to be toxic to humans and their endocrine system.”
Ah... sounds right... I'll maybe lean more into potatoes... and I do like the red kind, and a, OK with sweet potatoes...
I really like your recommendation to buy frozen fruit instead of fresh, which is very rarely ripe, unless it sat on the shelf for a while... I do love green grapes... I know when they are unripe... but not sure teh tasty ones are "ripe" either... I like bananas, but not sure they are teh best choice wither, and can liberate histamine, eh?
BY "sprouted grains"... do you mean actual sprouts, or sprouted grain products? I assume that Ezekiel bread is not optimal due to the wheat?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ah... sounds right... I'll maybe lean more into potatoes... and I do like the red kind, and a, OK with sweet potatoes...
t?
I only eat the purple and white sweet potatoes. The orange ones I avoid because of their high carotene, vitamin A content. I don’t like the orange ones anyway. The sweet potatoes are not only 50% lower in starch to begin with compared to russets, but boiling them instead of baking them removes about 50% more starch. The white sweet potatoes are very similar to white potatoes. Their texture is like a russet and the flavor is like a red potato. I make scalloped potatoes with them, which is allow histamine dish, and I use them in many other ways as well. Yeah poor me that I should have Histamine Intolerance and have to eat fresher and avoid preservatives! Nobody that knows me and my “condition” would dare to feed me anything less than the best. I have definitely made lemonade out of the lemons I was given.,

1705516314671.png

Attachments

• 2ECAAC65-9998-4D3A-9DB4-264E0289561D.jpeg
    2ECAAC65-9998-4D3A-9DB4-264E0289561D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 355101AF-CB24-4702-BE1F-C5F9EEB8C2C6.jpeg
    355101AF-CB24-4702-BE1F-C5F9EEB8C2C6.jpeg
    699.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 9D2FC494-B147-4B4D-93FC-762EB394E553.jpeg
    9D2FC494-B147-4B4D-93FC-762EB394E553.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

TucsonJJ

I only eat the purple and white sweet potatoes. The orange ones I avoid because of their high carotene, vitamin A content. I don’t like the orange ones anyway. The sweet potatoes are not only 50% lower in starch to begin with compared to russets, but boiling them instead of baking them removes about 50% more starch. The white sweet potatoes are very similar to white potatoes. Their texture is like a russet and the flavor is like a red potato. I make scalloped potatoes with them, which is allow histamine dish, and I use them in many other ways as well. Yeah poor me that I should have Histamine Intolerance and have to eat fresher and avoid preservatives! Nobody that knows me and my “condition” would dare to feed me anything less than the best. I have definitely made lemonade out of the lemons I was given.,

View attachment 60517
Jeeze!! Now I am starving!! :-0
I joined recently, but have scanned articles for a while prior... saw some of your homemade ice cream... yowzer!!
Yes, at 67, still time to try to adjust and get things right... and lower the multiple health issues, all minor but very irritating and causing the reduction of "thrive"... Great info, thanks!!
OH, btw... how long to boil... until soft? I always bake my potatoes, but can boil if better... taste not compromised?

TucsonJJ

No apologies necessary. I did take it for years just for good health, but I don’t know if it really helped or hindered. Three years ago I wasn’t even as healthy as I am now. I was still taking supplements until a year and a half or so ago.
Thx. I think supps really messed me up... not so much the "usual suspects"... but the "exotics". I have greatly reduced. I have around 200 bottles of supps, was taking 40+ per day. I think my system said "enough!!"

OP
Rinse & rePeat
BY "sprouted grains"... do you mean actual sprouts, or sprouted grain products? I assume that Ezekiel bread is not optimal due to the wheat?
Yes I mean sprouted grains, not vegetable sprouts. Grains have anti-nutrients and take vitamins and minerals out of the body, not add, which is counterproductive to healing. Sprouting resolves those grain issues. Just make sure that the grains are organic and then we won’t have to deal with the extra Round-Up issues, so Ezekiel is good.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Jeeze!! Now I am starving!! :-0
I joined recently, but have scanned articles for a while prior... saw some of your homemade ice cream... yowzer!!
I have many other recipe threads as well, that I am going link for you here. I also have one on survivalist recipes and recipes for those with cancer, I am not linking…

OP
Rinse & rePeat
OH, btw... how long to boil... until soft? I always bake my potatoes, but can boil if better... taste not compromised?
It depends on how thick the chunks of potatoes are. It I want a quick soup I make the chunks very small, for mashed I make them bigger chunks. It also depends on how high your heat is, and puting a lid on cooks them faster too. You just have to wing it and poke them with a fork.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think supps really messed me up... not so much the "usual suspects"... but the "exotics". I have greatly reduced. I have around 200 bottles of supps, was taking 40+ per day. I think my system said "enough!!"
I have a thread too on that very subject…

TucsonJJ

Yes I mean sprouted grains, not vegetable sprouts. Grains have anti-nutrients and take vitamins and minerals out of the body, not add, which is counterproductive to healing. Sprouting resolves those grain issues. Just make sure that the grains are organic and then we won’t have to deal with the extra Round-Up issues, so Ezekiel is good.
Got it. Ezekiel is not great, but toasted, it is OK. Their raisin bread is good... I wonder of Trader Joe has sprouted bread that is better?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Got it. Ezekiel is not great, but toasted, it is OK. Their raisin bread is good... I wonder of Trader Joe has sprouted bread that is better?
Trader Joe’s dies have Ezekiel bread, but strangely they don’t refrigerate or freeze it. Because if that, I have bought it there and it had mold on it, so I never bought it again. It is not shelf stable once it is sprouted and can actually be a danger moldy, like vegetable sprouts. They say NEVER to eat raw sprouted flour, like in raw cookie dough for that reason.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I sometimes like to make up a batch of sprouted oat pancakes and use the leftovers (from the freezer) as bread, putting butter and jelly on one, or my homemade peanut butter and jelly. You can make a batch a little less sweet and a little more salty for savory things. Hmmm… I wonder what one of those more savory pancakes would be like as a hamburger? 🤔

TucsonJJ

Trader Joe’s dies have Ezekiel bread, but strangely they don’t refrigerate or freeze it. Because if that, I have bought it there and it had mold on it, so I never bought it again. It is not shelf stable once it is sprouted and can actually be a danger moldy, like vegetable sprouts. They say NEVER to eat raw sprouted flour, like in raw cookie dough for that reason.
Ah... I think that is because it goes so fast off the shelves? My Trader Joe does a lot of biz... and that bread sometimes even runs out... and their price is much better than other stores, which keep it in the freezer dept... though the cost is not a big deal, at 67, I have been fortunate financially... also, TJ's doesn;t carry the Flax version of Ezekiel, which I find to be best.. so I get the Sesame usually.
Jeeze, I'm not sure I have ever run into raw sprouted flour... lucky I am not crazy about raw cookie dough anything... but I LOVE ice cream! I know I should get the "good" stuff, like Hagen Daz's few selections of ice cream with no ugly additives... vanilla, chocolate, cherry and strawberry... their Black and white cookie is xlnt, but may have some not-so-good stuff in it... but I think Blue Bell Natural vanilla is pretty free of bad stuff. Tillamook's vanilla flavors are pretty close, but are not as good, IMO. ;-)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals