Kelp seems to be helping Thyroid

mattmm24

Back in 2018-2020 when I was at my healthiest I took kelp everyday. Stopped taking it and recently reintroduced back into supplement routine. I have had breathing/sinus issues for a while now. Also eczema and dry skin. + cheery enigmas which is supposedly from bromide. Anyway I have been taking kelp for a week along with zinc, b12, magnesium, k2, selenium, and occasionally boron. Skin is alot more oily (signs of thyroid working better) so far. I have had a little detox the last couple days. One thing that people don’t realize is that kelp is very rich in calcium. I put this under anti pest bc he is against iodine supplementation. However, I find kelp to be a better alternative to lugols or straight iodine bc it has a vast array of minerals in it as well. I will report back after taking it in a few weeks if this thread is still going. Does anyone else take kelp or have experience with it?

Ideonaut

Back in 2018-2020 when I was at my healthiest I took kelp everyday. Stopped taking it and recently reintroduced back into supplement routine. I have had breathing/sinus issues for a while now. Also eczema and dry skin. + cheery enigmas which is supposedly from bromide. Anyway I have been taking kelp for a week along with zinc, b12, magnesium, k2, selenium, and occasionally boron. Skin is alot more oily (signs of thyroid working better) so far. I have had a little detox the last couple days. One thing that people don’t realize is that kelp is very rich in calcium. I put this under anti pest bc he is against iodine supplementation. However, I find kelp to be a better alternative to lugols or straight iodine bc it has a vast array of minerals in it as well. I will report back after taking it in a few weeks if this thread is still going. Does anyone else take kelp or have experience with it?
I read about a Japanese guy who in order to train for an attempted ski down Mt. Everest got into superdooper shape on a diet of eggs and wakame (kelp). It's a standard ingredient in the miso soup that Japanese eat for breakfast.

Nfinkelstein

Many organic producers use kelp as a supplement for their livestock (thorvin is the leading brand imo). Ruminants, monogastric, it doesn't matter. If it benefits livestock, it makes sense to try it and see if it works for humans. Glad to hear you are seeing some positive results.

kimbriel

I supplement with iodine, even though it's very anti-Peat. That said, it's not a mega-dose. I take about the average dose that a Japanese woman gets from diet (12.5mg a day). I've noticed my keratosis pilaris has cleared up substantially, and I don't seem to have any ill effects from it. I also take 200mcg Selenium.

youngsinatra

I supplement with iodine, even though it's very anti-Peat. That said, it's not a mega-dose. I take about the average dose that a Japanese woman gets from diet (12.5mg a day). I've noticed my keratosis pilaris has cleared up substantially, and I don't seem to have any ill effects from it. I also take 200mcg Selenium.
The supposedly high dietary intake of ~12.5mg has been debunked. It’s more accurately around 1-3mg iodine, which is still a lot.

CF124277-AC5F-412D-89A6-E88978D1F11D.jpeg

kimbriel

The supposedly high dietary intake of ~12.5mg has been debunked. It’s more accurately around 1-3mg iodine, which is still a lot.

View attachment 54921
Thanks for that - I'm having good results from my 12.5mg a day. I'm going to be sticking with it. I also will say I had a lipoma on my shoulder that I've been painting with iodine daily for a little over a month and it is nearly gone now.

OP
M

mattmm24

How many grams a day are you taking?
I used to be on nutritional balancing a few years ago and then completely got off of it trying different diets. What I found is most of the stuff on nutritional balancing is correct. Right now I am getting my kelp from a supplement called Thyro-Complex. Also taking Vitamin d, calcium, magnesium, boron, copper, zinc, b complex, manganese supplements as well. Seems to be helping out a lot.

TheSir

I used to be on nutritional balancing a few years ago and then completely got off of it trying different diets. What I found is most of the stuff on nutritional balancing is correct. Right now I am getting my kelp from a supplement called Thyro-Complex. Also taking Vitamin d, calcium, magnesium, boron, copper, zinc, b complex, manganese supplements as well. Seems to be helping out a lot.
Cool, I've been on NB for almost a year too, the program really makes more sense than any other system I've followed. I'm still in four lows, but feeling like I'm about to emerge out of it. Can't really take kelp yet because it makes my breathing problems and muscle twitching worse.

OP
M

mattmm24

Cool, I've been on NB for almost a year too, the program really makes more sense than any other system I've followed. I'm still in four lows, but feeling like I'm about to emerge out of it. Can't really take kelp yet because it makes my breathing problems and muscle twitching worse.
Do you follow Dr Wilson? I was on it from 2018-21. Took a 2 year break. The only issue I had with the program is that I didn’t know that when you do the supplements 3X a day, coffee enemas, red light, etc. Add vitamin d and calcium supplements. You put a ton of pressure on your potassium levels. That’s what I believe needs to be focused on the most. I had issues with that. If you go by the book of the program you need to be taking in the RdA of 4700 mG a day. Or you’ll have potassium loss show up on your tests. That’s my experience and why I took a break, and easing back into it. The sodium potassium ratio is extremely valuable.

OP
M

mattmm24

Do you follow Dr Wilson? I was on it from 2018-21. Took a 2 year break. The only issue I had with the program is that I didn’t know that when you do the supplements 3X a day, coffee enemas, red light, etc. Add vitamin d and calcium supplements. You put a ton of pressure on your potassium levels. That’s what I believe needs to be focused on the most. I had issues with that. If you go by the book of the program you need to be taking in the RdA of 4700 mG a day. Or you’ll have potassium loss show up on your tests. That’s my experience and why I took a break, and easing back into it. The sodium potassium ratio is extremely valuable.
I went to hard and it was definitely low potassium bc I had a hard time sweating, and had some scary moments like panic attacks that were extreme. And I didn’t know at the time what was going on.

TheSir

Yeah I'm on the full program, minus kelp, IR and enemas as they're too stimulating for now.

Did you rule out detox? Copper elimination can cause panic attacks and potassium is needed for its elimination. At 2-3 years on the program you were at a point at which copper usually begins to get dumped. Potassium elimination is another event that can feel quite racy. What were your charts like during the panicky period? In any case, I think you're right about the program requiring good potassium intake. That seems to be part of why eating enough of cooked vegetables is so important.

I overdid it with IR in the beginning too and had a couple of days of intense fear. During that time my bowel movements smelled like rotten eggs. Probably dumped some copper.

OP
M

mattmm24

Yeah I'm on the full program, minus kelp, IR and enemas as they're too stimulating for now.

Did you rule out detox? Copper elimination can cause panic attacks and potassium is needed for its elimination. At 2-3 years on the program you were at a point at which copper usually begins to get dumped. Potassium elimination is another event that can feel quite racy. What were your charts like during the panicky period? In any case, I think you're right about the program requiring good potassium intake. That seems to be part of why eating enough of cooked vegetables is so important.

I overdid it with IR in the beginning too and had a couple of days of intense fear. During that time my bowel movements smelled like rotten eggs. Probably dumped some copper.
My hardest thing was being able to do the program day after day after day consistently. So it is hard to say. I think I likely was overdoing the CEs. I also did IR a lot. The pushing down exercise I definitely wasn’t consistent on it. I think there is definitely some deep stuff/fear it brings up or some realizations, maybe detox I couldn’t handle at the time. I generally ate about 5 cups of cooked vegetables a day. Never the full 9. Do you find it hard at all mentally, since it’s so restrictive?
My chart was always really low iron copper, and then I flipped quite a bit from fast to slow. I likely have hidden copper toxicity. What is yours generally? What have you eliminated? Mostly I was eliminating on tests aluminum as it be off the charts, and I guess you’re right it could have been toxic potassium as my potassium would be huge on tests. There was a week though where I literally thought I was going to die. The worst panic attack you can imagine. That’s why I know for a fact that going slow is the right way, because I never want to experience that again.
The reason that I am starting to ease back on the program is because I started going off track and thinking I could heal myself on my own. And I’ve slowly come to realize that Wilson has been right about almost everything. I got a hair test a few months ago and I am in really really slow oxidation. I have had breathing issues + dry skin.I am taking b vitamins (mega pan) with basically limcomin, paramin, and a tiny bit of thyro complex. But these vitamins are not endomet. I don’t like all the fillers in endomet. And I only take them once a day atm. Since just starting those I can breath great and my dry skin is going away. Moving towards optimal.
Going back to the potassium, I remember being in the group on FB, and one of the members saying they never started really detoxing everything until they made sure they hit 4-5000 mG of potassium a day, which is really hard even if you eat 9 cups of cooked vegetables. Because so many foods are restricted. They would cook vegetables and make a tea and sip it all day.
I am curious what you find the toughest part of the program? Do you believe that it is really helping after a year on the program?

TheSir

My hardest thing was being able to do the program day after day after day consistently. So it is hard to say. I think I likely was overdoing the CEs. I also did IR a lot. The pushing down exercise I definitely wasn’t consistent on it. I think there is definitely some deep stuff/fear it brings up or some realizations, maybe detox I couldn’t handle at the time. I generally ate about 5 cups of cooked vegetables a day. Never the full 9. Do you find it hard at all mentally, since it’s so restrictive?
My chart was always really low iron copper, and then I flipped quite a bit from fast to slow. I likely have hidden copper toxicity. What is yours generally? What have you eliminated? Mostly I was eliminating on tests aluminum as it be off the charts, and I guess you’re right it could have been toxic potassium as my potassium would be huge on tests. There was a week though where I literally thought I was going to die. The worst panic attack you can imagine. That’s why I know for a fact that going slow is the right way, because I never want to experience that again.
The reason that I am starting to ease back on the program is because I started going off track and thinking I could heal myself on my own. And I’ve slowly come to realize that Wilson has been right about almost everything. I got a hair test a few months ago and I am in really really slow oxidation. I have had breathing issues + dry skin.I am taking b vitamins (mega pan) with basically limcomin, paramin, and a tiny bit of thyro complex. But these vitamins are not endomet. I don’t like all the fillers in endomet. And I only take them once a day atm. Since just starting those I can breath great and my dry skin is going away. Moving towards optimal.
Going back to the potassium, I remember being in the group on FB, and one of the members saying they never started really detoxing everything until they made sure they hit 4-5000 mG of potassium a day, which is really hard even if you eat 9 cups of cooked vegetables. Because so many foods are restricted. They would cook vegetables and make a tea and sip it all day.
I am curious what you find the toughest part of the program? Do you believe that it is really helping after a year on the program?
How much IR were you doing? That's the most powerful part of the program, and if overdone, the elimination reactions can really bring you to your knees. My helper says that it's the only part of the program he finds scary. Even Wilson had difficult experiences with IR which he hinted at in his sauna therapy book:

The variety and intensity of healing reactions with the sauna therapy were impressive. For
25 years I have worked on my health as I returned from medical school in Mexico exhausted and
depleted. I had experienced many healing reactions before with other natural therapies, so I was
surprised that quite a few more occurred with the use of the infrared sauna.

I had excellent supervision and support. This is important as anyone can become
concerned when vigorous healing reactions occur. Perception may become altered during a
reaction, making one confused or frightened. Though I have plenty of experience with healing
reactions, several times I needed to call someone for feedback as to what was occurring and how
to proceed.

The fears and relizations are definitely very typical of the program. Being unable to face or handle them is the single largest reason why people stop following the program. So it's potentially very difficult, but also the more difficult it is the greater the positive changes will be too. The good thing is that you can freely decide how fast to proceed with the program. When it gets too tough, you can just take fever supps, do less of the other progedures, and vice versa when you're feeling better. That way you should never find yourself so far away from your comfort zone that you can't handle it.

To your questions: I haven't eliminated much. Four lows is marked by stasis i.e. there is very little elimination going on because the body just doesn'y have enough energy for it. At my worst I had like 10 (very) poor eliminators. I'm waiting for my next test to arrive, herr is my last one from April:

Screenshot_20230904-094029_Dropbox.jpg

I personally enjoy the vegetables. With a bit of butter and salt they taste heavenly. I do buy organic for everything I can though, the difference in flavor is noticeable. I'm fine with asceticism so the diet doesn't feel overly restricted, however I also don't stress it if I eat ice cream, grains, alcohol or such here and there.

I feel like the program has helped me yeah. Some of it could also be due to passage of time so it's difficult to estimate exactly how much it has helped. I'm feeling better month by month however so I'm continuing on the program. Thw toughest part for me would probably be the enemas since they stimulate me too much and thus seem to hinder my progress. But other than that it's going pretty smoothly because there is so little detox happening. It feels like I'm not even really doing NB until I get into normal oxidation and can begin to detox and drive my oxidation up.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals