Interesting Ideas On Hair Loss; Similar To Danny Roddy

CoolTweetPete

@CoolTweetPete any 'aha' moments that lead to you halting hair loss? I feel like I've tried everything and I am still shedding almost a year later...

Definitely upping my red light exposure particularly with the OMG laser helmet. I saw Roddy quoted as saying that red light treatment was the only thing he ever saw regrow hair in spots that were bald.

He also once told me a friend of his purchased one of these helmets for his fathers dementia and it happened to regrow his hair and restore pigment.

CoolTweetPete

What is the ballpark price of the OMG helmet?

I got mine second hand for $500 but I believe it's $8 per diode, plus $200 or so labor. He recommends at least 200 diodes. Mine has 300.

He also recently serviced my device (reshaped helmet, replaced burnt diodes, and replaced power connectors) free of charge. Didn't even charge me shipping.

Orion

I got mine second hand for $500 but I believe it's $8 per diode, plus $200 or so labor. He recommends at least 200 diodes. Mine has 300.

Thanks, that website is pretty ugly, did find that they would be 500 to 1000. You mean 0.80 cents per diode?

How long had you been using before you felt real positive results, very interested...

CoolTweetPete

Thanks, that website is pretty ugly, did find that they would be 500 to 1000. You mean 0.80 cents per diode?

How long had you been using before you felt real positive results, very interested...

Yeah his website is old. I think he just focuses on making helmets as a side business
@CoolTweetPete did you stop shedding once you started LLLT or before you started?

After starting it. I started a Peat diet in March 2015 and my loss seemed to slow down after a couple of months but it didn't stop until about 6 months into LLLT in about November. I had also started thyroid and several other measures by that time so I won't claim it was definitely LLLT, but the difference in the feel of your hair after every session is undeniable. It gains a fullness for at least about 12 hours after each session.

redlight

I recall from a podcast with DR and Haidut that taurine prevented calcification of the scalp. In fact there is mention of reported successes in hair growth in other threads on here. I presume taurine consumption combined with the scalp massage could accelerate the process. I will certainly try it out.

the best thing is Taurine is very inexpensive and the massage is free..

redlight

Let me restate that.... I didnt mean Taurine is the BEST ... I mean the best thing about taking taurine is because its inexpensive...

But i do believe Tuarine is an excellent supplement.. I may be having some benefits from it.. Im still thinning though...

Kyle M

Nice thread, interesting concept. I am going to try this, although I don't have much hair loss, but I do have a lot of sebum and dry skin that builds up in my scalp. I think there may be more to this idea, more ways to apply it.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

Nice thread, interesting concept. I am going to try this, although I don't have much hair loss, but I do have a lot of sebum and dry skin that builds up in my scalp. I think there may be more to this idea, more ways to apply it.
I'm in the same boat, but have noticed my hairline recede a littlefrom youth and maybe thinner on top. My uncle went bald in his 50s so...

My scalp is defiantly looser now compared to 2 months ago. Its really hard to get pressure into a thick scalp so i understand why it takes so long to see results. I also get less / no itch. Diet can accomplish this too with a lack of cardio.

How else do you think you could apply it? Ive found peats idea of non stressful warmth very healing (like localised heat packs on injuries) seems to speed healing up 10x - although similar to the head massage, you have to keep working it multiple times a day.

Recently i heard a lodcast talking about regenerative enzymes only being activated at certain warmer temperatures

Kyle M

I was mostly thinking of applying the ideas of increased blood flow, through physical manipulation or other means, as a way to "youthenize" all tissues. Like a theoretical application mostly, but also practical. I'm going to try massaging different skin areas that I have excessive sebum from and see if it can change that.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

I was mostly thinking of applying the ideas of increased blood flow, through physical manipulation or other means, as a way to "youthenize" all tissues. Like a theoretical application mostly, but also practical. I'm going to try massaging different skin areas that I have excessive sebum from and see if it can change that.
What like forehead or something? Let me know how it goes

Rtm320

I've been trying to implement this, yes definitely hard to consistently find the time and I'm always wondering if I'm doing it right or well enough to cover all areas. Anyone know the optimal dose of taurine to combat calcification?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals