I'm Just Losing Faith And Need Some Help

Goobz

1g of thiamine- when having such large doses of a single B vitamin, it’s a good idea to take the other B vitamins too. At least now and then.

Niacin, as nicotinic acid, may be helpful in particular. Look up the threads here on niacin and gut problems.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

OK, I must give it all a try, I'm so damn inconsistent in taking all this stuff, my motivation is very low, I often forget, or just I'm too tired to do or take anything.

Kvothe

I'm weird, so my diet is also weird...
Yes, I'd like to eat what I like and more "normal" stuff( though it depends how you define word "normal")
I like bananas, potatoes, milk, mangos, oranges, pineapples, chocolate, melons, dates, but I get flatulence and lots of gas from most of these foods. I eat banana, OK its delicious, half an hour later- my stomach is swollen, so I have no choice.
I tolerate these weird gloopy potatoes quite well and I like it, I add some ginger, turmeric, other spices.
I also love melons and they have rather low fibre content.

Imagine if you would have such gut problems( I don't wish you that)
I would really like to eat, say 4 bananas, a course of oranges but I know I will suffer, despite of taste being divine, super, delicious.

I have no f***ing choice.
And on the top of that, I have very damaged teeth, so I can't eat EVEN more fruits, like oranges, which I really like.

Yes, I'm eating when I'm not hungry, but you have to understand that I'm mostly NOT HUNGRY or NAUSEOUS so I have no bloody f***ing choice, I have to force myself to eat at least something. And that's not pleasant, but my body obviously needs some feel, but you suggest that I have to eat when I'm hungry, if would eat only when I'm hungry I would eat like 1000 calories,
Even now I barely manage to eat 2000 Sometimes 2500 or sth like that.

F*** me, now I feel like a complete weirdo.

I didn't mean to say that you are weird. What I mean is that you have gotten into a downward spiral with your digestion and overall health deteriorating. It's a good thing to avoid bad foods and choose what you eat consciously, but I think it sounds like you are making your problems worse with your approach. Best advice you are gonna get: If you are not hungry, don't eat! There is a reason you are not hungry, and your digestive system is telling you that it can't handle the current situation. Forcing yourself to eat is the worst thing you can do, if you are dealing with bacterial overgrowth. If you don't eat for a while (maybe with the exception of some fruit juice for minimal energy), you will feel hunger at some point. It might take a few hours, a day, or maybe even longer, but once you stop feeding the bacteria, your digestive tract will get a much needed break to heal a little bit, and to regain a little control. When you are hungry, this means that your body has a neccessary minimum of digestive enzymes and control over pathogenic bateria to actually process some food for your body. What you are currently doing is mostly feeding bacteria, and exposing yourself to harmful bacterial products and overactivation of the HPA-axis.
You have to relearn to listen to your body and eat according to your needs.

I'll ask again, did you get a hydrogen breath test? It sounds like you have SIBO, and getting a diagnosis might help you to get a prescription for a useful antibiotic. I would advise you not to take thyroid in your situation, unless it's a small amount like 1/2 grain of NDT.

Last edited:
OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

I didn't mean to say that you are weird. What I mean is that you have gotten into a downward spiral with your digestion and overall health deteriorating. It's a good thing to avoid bad foods and choose what you eat consciously, but I think it sounds like you are making your problems worse with your approach. Best advice you are gonna get: If you are not hungry, don't eat! There is a reason you are not hungry, and your digestive system is telling you that it can't handle the current situation. Forcing yourself to eat is the worst thing you can do, if you are dealing with bacterial overgrowth. If you don't eat for a while (maybe with the exception of some fruit juice for minimal energy), you will feel hunger at some point. It might take a few hours, a day, or maybe even longer, but once you stop feeding the bacteria, your digestive tract will get a much needed break to heal a little bit, and to regain a little control. When you are hungry, this means that your body has a neccessary minimum of digestive enzymes and control over pathogenic bateria to actually process some food for your body. What you are currently doing is mostly feeding bacteria, and exposing yourself to harmful bacterial products and overactivation of the HPA-axis.
You have to relearn to listen to your body and eat according to your needs.

I'll ask again, did you get a hydrogen breath test? It sounds like you have SIBO, and getting a diagnosis might help you to get a prescription for a useful antibiotic. I would advise you not to take thyroid in your situation, unless it's a small amount like 1/2 grain of NDT.

Sorry for my nervous response,
I was a bit cross and irritated by all this situation combined with anger that nothing works :)

I do know what you mean, but sometimes I feel eating when I'm not hungry or nauseous is neccessity for me, just to not come over faint, esp when I'm at work and lift heavy steel. Sometimes I have more to lift, sometimes less, but overall I'm quite content with my job.

I know fasting may be sometimes helpful, but I feel even weaker when don't have food for a longer time, even when drinking some juice with sugar( glucose).

It seems my body tell me I shouldn't eat too much, but when I do that, I feel weaker and weaker...

I didn't get that test. I'm not sure if I have enough money for all those things, even good antibiotics are very expensive and I don't have 'guarantee' that this stuff will work if I spend, say, 200$ and it won't work. :/

Kvothe

Sorry for my nervous response,
I was a bit cross and irritated by all this situation combined with anger that nothing works :)

I do know what you mean, but sometimes I feel eating when I'm not hungry or nauseous is neccessity for me, just to not come over faint, esp when I'm at work and lift heavy steel. Sometimes I have more to lift, sometimes less, but overall I'm quite content with my job.

I know fasting may be sometimes helpful, but I feel even weaker when don't have food for a longer time, even when drinking some juice with sugar( glucose).

It seems my body tell me I shouldn't eat too much, but when I do that, I feel weaker and weaker...

I didn't get that test. I'm not sure if I have enough money for all those things, even good antibiotics are very expensive and I don't have 'guarantee' that this stuff will work if I spend, say, 200$ and it won't work. :/

Where do you live? If you tell your doctor about your symptoms, you should be able to get him to order the test for you.

In Poland.

You have to find some migrant workers from Ukraine or Belarus they can buy dirt cheap medication for you and send it or bring it. If you are close to borders you can have a nice trip yourself. If say you are tourist you gonna have any antibiotic prescription free for sure.

Kelj

Well, I've been taking thiamine for about 3 weeks, but I guess I take too little( 100-200mg daily, now increased to 1g)

Also take magnesium 500mg-1g and b compl.

But the point is, my appetite is very poor, food seem to be even a bit disgusting to me, how the hell can I refeed myself( I really want to do so) If I have to literally force myself to eat, sometimes when I eat little more, I have vomiting reflex.

How can I get that damn appetite back?

I know poor appetite is also symptom of thiamine deficiency and Magnesium, zinc, perhaps b12... I read about studies, where patients with anorexia, very poor appetite and low energy got better immidiately after thiamine treatment, but they got injections, I guess taking it orally, or just every nutrient is problematic, taking huge doses and hoping that some of it will get absorbed :/

If only I would have some access to iv or injections, at least with vit. B1 but also with whole spectrum of nutrient, I know I would feel better. Now I'm basically vegetating, in anhedonic and apathetic state, or pathetic in other words.

Every food I eat is poorly tolerate, even that super duper easy to digest, just sitting in my stomach, I have little pleasure from eating, its a real anguish, repeated everyday.

I'm so weak, but I go to work and pretend I'm fine, but I'm not, my muscles are easily fatigued, I just want to lie on bed, take some cypro and sleep.
But I'm not sleepy at night, without mianserine or cypro its hard for me to full asleep.
And I'm obviously not fresh after sleep, I forgot what it means to be 'fresh' or rested, it's like an abstract to me, everything seems like f***ing never ending torture, like last 5 years of my life( I'm 21)
I know that something is happening, but I don't know what it is.
I always had wounds behind my ears, dandruff, gum problems, definitely some b's deficiency, also has muscle cramps and twitching eye, stomach cramps, got fatigued when standing for a long time, had always dry skin, problems with concentration...
I'm so f****** angry that all those doctors doesn't even give you some damn vitamin supplement and some minerals, F***ing quackers don't even know about malnutrition, about proper diet, they don't treat, they don't understamd basic stuff about metabolism, they don't know that 3/4 of people who go to a visit are hypo and malnourished, they aren't even healthy, so how can they treat anyone, **** me.

I'm obviously exaggerating, but I feel there's no help for me, when I look at people on the street, I'm envy, when I seems great looking young, man without any fat neck, with healthy face, with nice hair, or I see people with fat neck, swollen face, face full of apathetic and fatigue, often devoid of vitality, I'm even more depressed.

Every f***ing day is the same for me, at morning I know I should get up, but I know I don't have anything to do, so I can lay on bed all day, I start my day with despondence, hoping that my intestines are in better state, but they make the same damn noises, bloody squashing and sloppin, and lots of gas, after a meal I feel like I swallowed a stone, just want to sleep, I take some tobacco, it gives some kick, but makes me quite nervous...
I'm exhausted.

Right now I feel like being healthy is not for me.

If you have been living on low calories and your energy is suffering, your digestion must slow down. Your body does this (gastroparesis) to utilize the small amount of nutrients, extracting as much as possible. It does require forcing it a bit to turn it around.
Eat small amounts frequently. Nibble nuts and seeds all day to keep energy levels up. Drink juice and milk instead of coffee. Drink constantly.
Now, very important: so many people who restrict food, also exercise a great deal. This is a very dangerous combination. Because it is so dangerous, much of the emphasis in counseling goes to encouraging rest. This allows the energy (calories) to be utilized for necessary repairs. It helps to stop the compulsion that those who have been functioning with high cortisol feel to exercise, to combine eating more and exercising less.
HOWEVER, doing nothing and sleeping too much carries the grave danger of muscle loss and extreme weakness.
Eat frequently.
Do normal life activities: shopping for food, cleaning, grow food, walk as much as possible, climb stairs, stand on your feet and wash dishes, do laundry, iron clothes. Make up a routine of things to keep you sitting and standing and walking all day. Do not lie down horizontally for more than 9 hours per day.
Hospitals learned their lesson, finally, from the terrible weakness people acquired from the formerly recommended bed rest. Now, they get you up walking around on the same day as surgery, if possible, even for knee surgery.
When you start to move around more, your body will want more food. Try to relax mentally about the food while getting yourself up and out of bed.
Give yourself some goals.

Kelj

BTW. Ray says one of the first recommendations he makes to people is to get off of everything they are taking. I agree. Then simply work on food intake. And getting up and doing things.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
It sounds to me that your intestinal flora is way out of balance. And this could have been caused by a single course of antibiotics. Can you point your digestive problems to a particular time in your past? I recently read about fecal transplants that have cured many people with such digestive disorders. So no vitamin or mineral supplement will help you, or changes in diet. You may have a severe case of candida, you need stool samples sent in for tests to find out what is wrong.

golder

It sounds to me that your intestinal flora is way out of balance. And this could have been caused by a single course of antibiotics. Can you point your digestive problems to a particular time in your past? I recently read about fecal transplants that have cured many people with such digestive disorders. So no vitamin or mineral supplement will help you, or changes in diet. You may have a severe case of candida, you need stool samples sent in for tests to find out what is wrong.
I’m feeling similar to the original poster. I’m based in the UK and would like to know where to go or where to read up more on sending stool samples off for analysis. Thanks to anyone that has any info.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

You have to find some migrant workers from Ukraine or Belarus they can buy dirt cheap medication for you and send it or bring it. If you are close to borders you can have a nice trip yourself. If say you are tourist you gonna have any antibiotic prescription free for sure.

For now, I don't know any Ukrainian, but I know that you can buy some nice medicine stuff at Ukraine.

I guess I will just text to my 'vendoress' :D, my pharmacy drug supplier and, I don't know, maybe vancomycine would be helpful?
I read it's almost non absorbable in gut and very strong.

I will spend quite much money, but it can pay off, oh yeah...

Kelj

Gut dysbiosis is extremely common in people who under eat. Intestinal flora is maintained by a diet high in energy and as diverse as possible. All people who fix the underlying energy deficiency, fix the dysbiosis, with the proviso you haven't taken an antibiotic. The dysbiosis created by antibiotic will, too, balance itself with enough energy. If you are not eating 3000-3500 calories, minimum, sending stool samples off and having fecal transplants are overkill. Address energy deficiencies first. If your appetite is sluggish, be patient, but eat doggedly until it begins to improve.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

If you have been living on low calories and your energy is suffering, your digestion must slow down. Your body does this (gastroparesis) to utilize the small amount of nutrients, extracting as much as possible. It does require forcing it a bit to turn it around.
Eat small amounts frequently. Nibble nuts and seeds all day to keep energy levels up. Drink juice and milk instead of coffee. Drink constantly.
Now, very important: so many people who restrict food, also exercise a great deal. This is a very dangerous combination. Because it is so dangerous, much of the emphasis in counseling goes to encouraging rest. This allows the energy (calories) to be utilized for necessary repairs. It helps to stop the compulsion that those who have been functioning with high cortisol feel to exercise, to combine eating more and exercising less.
HOWEVER, doing nothing and sleeping too much carries the grave danger of muscle loss and extreme weakness.
Eat frequently.
Do normal life activities: shopping for food, cleaning, grow food, walk as much as possible, climb stairs, stand on your feet and wash dishes, do laundry, iron clothes. Make up a routine of things to keep you sitting and standing and walking all day. Do not lie down horizontally for more than 9 hours per day.
Hospitals learned their lesson, finally, from the terrible weakness people acquired from the formerly recommended bed rest. Now, they get you up walking around on the same day as surgery, if possible, even for knee surgery.
When you start to move around more, your body will want more food. Try to relax mentally about the food while getting yourself up and out of bed.
Give yourself some goals.

I work physically very often at work, my job is like 40-90% lifting steel, I also quite often use a grinder, or drill in steel.

It seems everyone has different view on this topic, all that gut flora, poor appetite, antibiotics, one person advise not to eat when I'm nauseous, other person the opposite :)
A bit confusing to me.

I hope you're right Kelj.

I will try eating more, maybe lots of very ripe melons( very easy on digestion) pears, mangoes, persimons.

Now my biggest worry is, unfortunetely my poor response to fructose, also sucrose.
And damaged teeth, which I believe are very sensitive to acids in fruits.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

I had digestive problems 6- to even 8 years ago, they were just much much less annoying and troublesome.

It definetely worsened after long stress in school, though all that stress could also originate from undereating and I had strong muscle cramps and those wounds behind ears I said about, songs of various nutrient deficiencies.
I also had constipation as child, even at 10 years. It just was getting worse gradually.( Even myy 9 years old brother is constipated too :()

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

To Kelj,
But what do say about state eat that eating more carbs when deficient in B1 is counterproductive?
I read something like that, basically you need B1( and other B's, too) for proper glucose metabolism and just energy.

Bart1

Gut dysbiosis is extremely common in people who under eat. Intestinal flora is maintained by a diet high in energy and as diverse as possible. All people who fix the underlying energy deficiency, fix the dysbiosis, with the proviso you haven't taken an antibiotic. The dysbiosis created by antibiotic will, too, balance itself with enough energy. If you are not eating 3000-3500 calories, minimum, sending stool samples off and having fecal transplants are overkill. Address energy deficiencies first. If your appetite is sluggish, be patient, but eat doggedly until it begins to improve.

the only problem is how to get there, assuming not too much protein, so about 110 grams? Carbs 400? Fat not too high, 70 grams? We don’t get there this way..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals