It's Just Bad

Jacob28

Cheers,
It's first time I'm writing on the forum. I'm Polish, so forgive, please, my rife mistakes and poor language.
My everyday life is kind of ( in few words), exhausting, unbearable, unpleasant, full of apathy, nervousness, temporary excitement, boredom, listlessness, passivity. I'm male 21 years old.

Ok, my symtoms:
- sluggish, lethargic all day,
- hypoglicemia very often,
- short breath, extremely strong urge to take a deep breath, yawning, sighing frequently,
- brain fog, brain fog, brain fog...
- very strong difficulty in concentration, understanding when someone is talking to me,
- night sweating, feeling hot,
- IBS, cramps, sloshing, feeling liquid in intestines, stabbing pain in left or right side or both, bloating, LOTS LOTS of gas, can't pass gas, I feel relief after defecation, for a while
- constipation, cascara helps, sometimes I have to take 2 tsp of magnesium chloride, for good big watery poop :)
- complete lack of motivation, mild depression, sometimes feeling anhedonia
- feeling bad in cold and hot( even worse), cold hands and feet
- hot flashes in the night
- headaches, pain all over the body, especially in legs( standing at work, 8 hours makes it worse), feet
- muscle sores, lasting 2-4 days after physical effort ( carrying heavy furnitures at work especially)
- weakness, dizzyness, strange derealization/ foggy feeling,
- physical effort is very exhausting,
- veeery sleepy all the time, sometimes I wake up at 6 am(day off), take a nap at 12-3pm, and again at 6pm
- strong nausea, sometimes less, sometimes more, poor appetite( when I was younger I had much better)
- dry hair, severe dandruff, very oily hair,
- quite puffy face, dark circles under eyes, dry skin

I was taking pregnenolone 50mg - feeling nothing, thyroid( desiccated) TSH lowers, no significant improvement, T3- no reaction, casacara sagrada helps little, methylene blue- i don't know.
I was taking androsterone in form of 1-andro, no reaction. Also arimestane with quite improvement with nigh hot flashes. Vitamin E (268mg of alfa- tocopherol in capsule). Bromocriptine doesn't work (notice nothing).
Now I take cyproheptadine( even 6 mg a day)- it's good for anxiety but very sedating, hepls for high adrenaline, good for sleep, relaxing, but nothing special. Acetazolamide ( CO2), maybe slight ''something'', lot of peeing, 750mg every two days. Tetracycline low dose - 70mg. I also take thymol (like 50-100mg) Nothing happens.
I have the biggest problem with adequate calorie( sugar) and protein consumption, bloody sickness, feeling so bloated...
When I eat a lot of sugar at once, I got terrible pain cramps and bloating. It's a bad sign.
I eat only sugar - 300-400g, little canned fruit without skin, chicken liver, tripe ( delicious if you don't have nausea), 0.5- 1 liter of milk( 0.5% fat), cottage cheese, some goat cheese, gelatin 3-5 tsp, some coconut oil. Low fiber help slightly.
I remember feeling awkward and foggy during my childhood but it wasn't so severe, gut problems were noticeable 5-6 years ago and it was increasing. Also hypoglicemia and adrenaline and serotonin( nice social anxiety) was a problem even 6 years ago.

Any ideas? It seems I am a hard case...

milkboi

Man, I feel you, I’m also 21 and have a lot of similar symptoms.

Strong coffee + 2,5g L-Phenylanaline + Seleginine (all strongly dopaminergic) help with anhedonia, depression, motivation and fatigue.

meatbag

Cheers,
It's first time I'm writing on the forum. I'm Polish, so forgive, please, my rife mistakes and poor language.
My everyday life is kind of ( in few words), exhausting, unbearable, unpleasant, full of apathy, nervousness, temporary excitement, boredom, listlessness, passivity. I'm male 21 years old.

Ok, my symtoms:
- short breath, extremely strong urge to take a deep breath, yawning, sighing frequently,
- very strong difficulty in concentration, understanding when someone is talking to me,
- IBS, cramps, sloshing, feeling liquid in intestines, stabbing pain in left or right side or both, bloating, LOTS LOTS of gas, can't pass gas, I feel relief after defecation, for a while
- constipation, cascara helps, sometimes I have to take 2 tsp of magnesium chloride, for good big watery poop :)
- headaches, pain all over the body, especially in legs( standing at work, 8 hours makes it worse), feet
- muscle sores, lasting 2-4 days after physical effort ( carrying heavy furnitures at work especially)
- veeery sleepy all the time, sometimes I wake up at 6 am(day off), take a nap at 12-3pm, and again at 6pm
- strong nausea, sometimes less, sometimes more, poor appetite( when I was younger I had much better)

I was taking pregnenolone 50mg - feeling nothing, thyroid( desiccated) TSH lowers, no significant improvement, T3- no reaction, casacara sagrada helps little, methylene blue- i don't know.
I was taking androsterone in form of 1-andro, no reaction. Also arimestane with quite improvement with nigh hot flashes. Vitamin E (268mg of alfa- tocopherol in capsule). Bromocriptine doesn't work (notice nothing).
Now I take cyproheptadine( even 6 mg a day)- it's good for anxiety but very sedating, hepls for high adrenaline, good for sleep, relaxing, but nothing special. Acetazolamide ( CO2), maybe slight ''something'', lot of peeing, 750mg every two days. Tetracycline low dose - 70mg. I also take thymol (like 50-100mg) Nothing happens.
I have the biggest problem with adequate calorie( sugar) and protein consumption, bloody sickness, feeling so bloated...
When I eat a lot of sugar at once, I got terrible pain cramps and bloating. It's a bad sign.
I eat only sugar - 300-400g, little canned fruit without skin, chicken liver, tripe ( delicious if you don't have nausea), 0.5- 1 liter of milk( 0.5% fat), cottage cheese, some goat cheese, gelatin 3-5 tsp, some coconut oil. Low fiber help slightly.
I remember feeling awkward and foggy during my childhood but it wasn't so severe, gut problems were noticeable 5-6 years ago and it was increasing. Also hypoglicemia and adrenaline and serotonin( nice social anxiety) was a problem even 6 years ago.

If you check out Broda Barne's book "Hypothyroidism the Unsuspecting Illness" it sounds a lot like what your dealing with

(sorry I missed the diet you posted)
Have you had any blood work(?)

With the bloating you're experiencing it could be a bacterial issue. Have you considered antibiotics, carrot salad, mushrooms?

Last edited:

Vinny

Cheers,

Ok, my symtoms:

Welcome in da club.
Your English is very, very good.
We`re all hard cases here. But you`re quite young, which is a huge beneficial factor. I wish this forum existed when I was 21.... However, be prepared for a long battle.
I` can`t help much, since I`m new also, but some of your symptoms - bloated after sugar, brain fog, dark circles - lead me to suspect candida.
Cold hands/feet, dry hair/skin - you`re most probably hypothyroid.
Good luck and never give up!

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Man, I feel you, I’m also 21 and have a lot of similar symptoms.

Strong coffee + 2,5g L-Phenylanaline + Seleginine (all strongly dopaminergic) help with anhedonia, depression, motivation and fatigue.

Too much coffee gives me nervousness and lowers sugar. L-phenylanine, maybe. I've tried l-dopa and I don't feel better mood or any effects. But your mix might work good. I'll give it a try. For stimulation I use mainly tobacco snuff wich gives me a ''kick''

And I forgot to mention, I use from time to time codeine( opiate) in form of a cough syrop. I know it's like adding fuel to the fire but it gives me that blissful calmness, it's quite painkiller and improve my mood so much( I'm like slightly to moderate stoned) because it's intoxicating. And it worsens my nausea sometimes. Also it gives me constipation, slows peristaltis, peeing is troublesome and I even don't have to eat. It's like complete fooling the brain. You can have broken thigh bone or severe injury and if you take e.g heroin which is strong opiate, you feel like just blissful. I know it's nothing good. So I'll use your advice.

Last edited:

theLaw

@Jacob28

Generally, when I see someone post who has a myriad of different issues, I think: starvation, so they need a re-feed.

Basically, find a bunch of food that you love (preferably low(ish) pufa if possible) and eat small meals (careful not to overeat to the point of stretching your stomach) throughout the day. This is designed to get you back to feeling normal, so you can start to change other variables. You can also use Haagen Dazs at night to help with sleep, and even eat a small carrot with each meal to keep things moving.

Also, taking activated charcoal a few times per week, might help with any problematic gut bacteria.

For possible vitamin mineral deficiency, you can add liver, eggs, and oysters.

For the leaky-bucket problem (losing minerals) taking small doses of salt ever 1/2hr or hour throughout the day might produce quick changes.

Finally, taking a very short (1min) hot shower 3-5 times per day can jump-start your metabolism, which can help during a re-feed.

Personally, I had a ton of different issues that didn't respond to anything until I did a re-feed to get back to baseline. Best of luck!:cool:

John Estrada

I think a lot of your symptoms are related to a deficiency in vit A and D. That would also explain the poor reaction to thyroid.

Beefcake

Cheers,

Ok, my symtoms:

Have you tested iron and vitamin D? Seems like you have low dopamine. These two nutrients are vital for dopamine synthesis. Even if peat is against iron a certain level is needed. I feel you’re symptoms sounds a bit like you would be low. Considering the brain fog, extreme fatigue and soreness

redsun

Cheers,

Ok, my symtoms:

Many months ago I had extreme tiredness, had to take deep breaths often, air hunger, constant yawning(like every 5-10 minutes) despite sleeping a lot, fatigue similar to your symptoms. Taking an iron glycinate supplement fixed that problem quickly. Many of your symptoms can be attributed to iron deficiency, if iron is indeed an issue, taking some could reduce many of those symptoms.

Beefcake

Many months ago I had extreme tiredness, had to take deep breaths often, air hunger, constant yawning(like every 5-10 minutes) despite sleeping a lot, fatigue similar to your symptoms. Taking an iron glycinate supplement fixed that problem quickly. Many of your symptoms can be attributed to iron deficiency, if iron is indeed an issue, taking some could reduce many of those symptoms.

Completely agree with this. I had quite same story. Felt horrendous and tired all the time. Like many I did try everything else first untill I finally landed on iron. I was very soar and exercise intolerant. Working was a pain and almost every aspect of my life was pain. Iron deficiency is the worlds most common nutrient deficiency even though its dangerous in excess its also bad to have too low. Some people who suffer hemochromatosis will rave about iron is all bad but thats because they have a genetic problem with it. Some people have a genetic tendency to absorb to little iron from diet alone. You wont know untill you had a blood test. After that we can argue what ferritin levels are optimal. Thats another thread. Iron is so integral to every cell in your body and the production of energy. Without enough iron all your cells wont be able to make energy properly.
Human iron metabolism - Wikipedia
Cytochrome oxidase C is the main energy producer in the mitochondria and it uses iron to function. Iron also works as an antioxidant through cytochrome C to help balance superoxide and hydrogen peroxide accepting electrons and donating them.

0CF2569A-BDA3-4528-AE17-713C02F1BF72.jpeg

And it’s linked to many health problems

47 Negative Health Effects of Iron Deficiency - SelfHacked

I suspect a large portion of people on these forums suffer extra because they can’t see that their iron levels might be a bit too low for optimal health.

Last edited:

Pet Peeve

Try switching the sugar for honey and the milk for hard cheese? Sounds like you have some funky critters in the gut?

Vinny

@Jacob28Personally, I had a ton of different issues that didn't respond to anything until I did a re-feed to get back to baseline.
Good point.
Despite im getting fat, on refeed my temp goes up and i feel much better.

CLASH

@Jacob28
Gut dysbiosis.

Low thyroid seems to be caused by gut issues for many people, especially considering he takes thyroid and feels nothing. Hence why people go to “perfect diets” and still have thyroid problems. Endotoxin is a ubiquitous metabolism inhibitor.

Doubt iron deficiency due to diet considering he is eating chicken liver. Iron deficiency due to dysbiotic bowel causing sequestration of iron is more likely.

Undernutrition may be a part of it but most likely secondary due to lack of appetite from elevated stress hormones with a messed up bowel. Trying to overeat to compensate may make it worse, atleast in my experience

Honey, in my experience, is worse than sugar in a dysbiosis as it has excess fructose in ratio to glucose leading to possible endotoxin increases as most humans dont absorb fructose well without glucose (atleast the research says this).

Low vit A is doubtful, he is eating liver. Low vit D is possibly but it will stay low if you have a dysbiotic bowel despite supplementation.

@Jacob28
I had similar issues until i changes my diet. The traditional “ray peat” diet wrecked me as well. What helped me was:
-Dropping the dairy, replacing it with beef and seafood (shrimp, scallops, cod, mussels, oysters)
-drop gelatin for now, it could make things worse with a dysbiosis
-increasing fat to clear out the small intestine from non-dairy sources that arent coconut oil. The hormones in dairy fat caused issues for me. Coconut oil can be eaten, but at first when i ate too much by itself i got GI issues, its called disaster pants. Beef tallow, cocoa butter are good sources. You can probably get tallow from your butcher, i buy mine online but i’m in the US. If you cant find those a quality olive oil could work, its just higher in PUFA. Lard can work as well if the pigs were fed well but its usually high in PUFA.
-i had to drop the refined sugar, and drink fruit juice with a 1:1 ratio of glucose to fructose and low fodmap instead. Orange, pineapple, grape, pomegranate were all fine for me. Orange juice made me cold tho so i stopped drinking it
-low fodmap, whole fruit was fine for me when i start. Berries, citrus, grapes and dragon fruit can work, i avoided citrus tho, as mentioned above.
-carrots, well cooked leafy greens worked for me as well. I eat a carrot with every meal ( i eat 4/ day)
-I eat 3-4 solid meals a day seperated by 3-4 hours. This allows the intestine to clear itself of bacteria via the migrating motor complex, google it
-figuring out my caloric requirement using the katch-mccardle formula gave me a baseline. It was a general guideline not a rule tho, I go over alot now. Just good to see to startt
-my protein based on research was between .6-.8g/lb of bodyweight
-fats, atleast in my experience 40%-50% of calories
-carbs 30-40% of calories
-to start i tried to leave 12 hours between dinner and breakfast with no eating to allow my intestine to clear itself. Definetly helped out
-i have personally used rifaximin and nystatin with success in clearing out my small intestine. Thing is they work best in the presence of bile, so higher fat makes them work better.

* these interventions stabilized me. I still had a lingering colon dysbiosis, but I didnt address that until later on.

Mary Lyn

@Jacob28
Have you considered Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome? It is a connective tissue disorder causing some of the symptoms you mention.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Thanks for advice. I was really depressed for few weeks, but it's getting kind of better. I'm currently taking selegiline 5mg for a week( increased to 10mg yesterday) and it does completely nothing! I'm really dissapointed. And I feel some side effects, strange bewilderment( which I feel every day, now it's kind of worse), sleepiness, sometimes extreme drowsiness. But it could be anything else.

milkboi

Thanks for advice. I was really depressed for few weeks, but it's getting kind of better. I'm currently taking selegiline 5mg for a week( increased to 10mg yesterday) and it does completely nothing! I'm really dissapointed. And I feel some side effects, strange bewilderment( which I feel every day, now it's kind of worse), sleepiness, sometimes extreme drowsiness. But it could be anything else.

I‘d say that‘s too high of a dose, in doses higher than 10mg/week it acts on MAO-A and therefore increases serotonine. Try combining it with a Dopamine precursor like Tyrosine or Phenylalananine.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Cheers,

Ok, my symtoms:

Sounds like very overactive sympathetic nervous system with insulin resistance and the carbs you are eating is most likely increasing lactate. The catecholamines causes almost all the symptoms you mentioned. Depression is caused by cortisol, which is also produced in the adrenal glands.

Catecholamines will inhibit digestion so you might want to lower that first thing. GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter, so I'd focus on boosting that.

Selegiline doesn't work because you already have too much dopamine and catecholamines. Dopamine → noradrenaline. So inhibiting MAO-B will just increase your catecholamines more.

Cypro does work because it's anticholinergic that stops the sympathetic stimulation to a degree. It might be too sedating because the histamine antagonism as well.

My suggestion would be to lower your sympathetic nervous system. Boosting GABA is a good start. Glycine, magnesium, inosine, vitamin B6 could also be effective

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

@Jacob28
Gut dysbiosis.

Low thyroid seems to be caused by gut issues for many people, especially considering he takes thyroid and feels nothing. Hence why people go to “perfect diets” and still have thyroid problems. Endotoxin is a ubiquitous metabolism inhibitor.

Doubt iron deficiency due to diet considering he is eating chicken liver. Iron deficiency due to dysbiotic bowel causing sequestration of iron is more likely.

Undernutrition may be a part of it but most likely secondary due to lack of appetite from elevated stress hormones with a messed up bowel. Trying to overeat to compensate may make it worse, atleast in my experience

Honey, in my experience, is worse than sugar in a dysbiosis as it has excess fructose in ratio to glucose leading to possible endotoxin increases as most humans dont absorb fructose well without glucose (atleast the research says this).

Low vit A is doubtful, he is eating liver. Low vit D is possibly but it will stay low if you have a dysbiotic bowel despite supplementation.

@Jacob28
I had similar issues until i changes my diet. The traditional “ray peat” diet wrecked me as well. What helped me was:
-Dropping the dairy, replacing it with beef and seafood (shrimp, scallops, cod, mussels, oysters)
-drop gelatin for now, it could make things worse with a dysbiosis
-increasing fat to clear out the small intestine from non-dairy sources that arent coconut oil. The hormones in dairy fat caused issues for me. Coconut oil can be eaten, but at first when i ate too much by itself i got GI issues, its called disaster pants. Beef tallow, cocoa butter are good sources. You can probably get tallow from your butcher, i buy mine online but i’m in the US. If you cant find those a quality olive oil could work, its just higher in PUFA. Lard can work as well if the pigs were fed well but its usually high in PUFA.
-i had to drop the refined sugar, and drink fruit juice with a 1:1 ratio of glucose to fructose and low fodmap instead. Orange, pineapple, grape, pomegranate were all fine for me. Orange juice made me cold tho so i stopped drinking it
-low fodmap, whole fruit was fine for me when i start. Berries, citrus, grapes and dragon fruit can work, i avoided citrus tho, as mentioned above.
-carrots, well cooked leafy greens worked for me as well. I eat a carrot with every meal ( i eat 4/ day)
-I eat 3-4 solid meals a day seperated by 3-4 hours. This allows the intestine to clear itself of bacteria via the migrating motor complex, google it
-figuring out my caloric requirement using the katch-mccardle formula gave me a baseline. It was a general guideline not a rule tho, I go over alot now. Just good to see to startt
-my protein based on research was between .6-.8g/lb of bodyweight
-fats, atleast in my experience 40%-50% of calories
-carbs 30-40% of calories
-to start i tried to leave 12 hours between dinner and breakfast with no eating to allow my intestine to clear itself. Definetly helped out
-i have personally used rifaximin and nystatin with success in clearing out my small intestine. Thing is they work best in the presence of bile, so higher fat makes them work better.

* these interventions stabilized me. I still had a lingering colon dysbiosis, but I didnt address that until later on.

How much rifaximin and nystatin did you use and how long?
I use some thymol ( very strong terpenoid found in e.g thyme, oregano oil) maybe 300-500mg in divided doses, seems it doesn't work, cause I feel any better. I also take some tetracycline( 30mg daily) which of course doesn't help...

I'm quite afraid of eating lots of fat, beacause it may ';interfere'' with sugar.

And what do you think about yucca( saponin extract). Which are steroidal(!) saponins, are natural L-amino acid decarboxylase inhibitors, so they decrease occuring of ammonia, ketones, cadaverine, putrescine, indole, hydrogen sulfide etc. ( maybe that's why it helped me so much with smelly, painful gases, decreased flatulence, even feces doesn't smell(!) ) But they are also surfactants, clean intestinal mucosa from endotoxines, toxic metabolites. I hope it doesn't irritate gut like soap? Or it could be just proper dosage that makes it harmful?

I think of combining yucca saponins( which definitely were helping me in the past) with maybe just rifaximin, more carrots( I use them very infrequently sometimes 1 a day, sometimes any) and loot of sugar, protein, beef soup, some liver, lots of tripe stew( cow stomach, very gelatinous and delicious), chicken hearts, gizzards( for better amino acid profile) only small amounts of beef meat, some shrimps whichsmell unpleasant for me :( It will be very difficult for me to drop the dairy, but I'll try. Gellatin is sometimes my main source of protein( I add it to sweetened juice, 30-50 grams a day), but I'll try to replace it.
The worst thing is my motivation and forgetting everything, giving up everything.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Sounds like very overactive sympathetic nervous system with insulin resistance and the carbs you are eating is most likely increasing lactate. The catecholamines causes almost all the symptoms you mentioned. Depression is caused by cortisol, which is also produced in the adrenal glands.

Catecholamines will inhibit digestion so you might want to lower that first thing. GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter, so I'd focus on boosting that.

Selegiline doesn't work because you already have too much dopamine and catecholamines. Dopamine → noradrenaline. So inhibiting MAO-B will just increase your catecholamines more.

Cypro does work because it's anticholinergic that stops the sympathetic stimulation to a degree. It might be too sedating because the histamine antagonism as well.

My suggestion would be to lower your sympathetic nervous system. Boosting GABA is a good start. Glycine, magnesium, inosine, vitamin B6 could also be effective

Maybe some GABA reuptake inhibitor( which one, safest one?) in low to moderate doses + supplemets you mentioned?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals