I'm Finally Losing Serious Weight

YourUniverse

@ecstatichamster Can you talk about appetite a bit? Are you still eating until satisfied, which now falls at a lower overall calorie total? Are you finding you feel like moving around more as a result of years of metabolic improvements? Has your NEAT increased, for example do you find you fidget more and have more energy overall while keeping a similar calorie intake as the previous years? Or perhaps, you find it more pleasant to go longer without food as a result of healthier organ function/less PUFA load (what would previously have been labelled "restriction" no longer feels restrictive)?

D

danishispsychic

The gluten digestive enzymes may be helping me too. I'm not sure but it seems that since I've been taking them, I've been losing fat faster. Maybe it is helping heal gut issues that were spilling too many endotoxins into my system. Maybe it's not that at all.
Hi E Hamster. Can you share which gluten enzymes you are taking? Thanks!

tankasnowgod

Very cool. One thing I've noticed since using more of Ray's ideas is that weight loss seems very heard unless you TRACK EVERY DAMN THING. While other things that I've done that produced good weight loss (IF, Paleo and such) could have easily led to random caloric deficits, but those also cut out milk . Dairy seems to be big stopper for some, as does most starches.

I'm going on vacation this week, but when I get back, I'm gonna drop dairy and starch (sans maybe a cheat meal or two) and get my calcium from eggshell/oyster shell to see what kind of results I get.

EIRE24

Losing weight sucks, especially if you have to pay for years of PUFA accumulation. Within days, I get sick, some acne, lethargy, poor sleep, various annoying body pains & moodiness. Aspirin seems like a good counter to all these effects, if from PUFA
What has stopped the acne for you?

OP
ecstatichamster
@ecstatichamster Can you talk about appetite a bit? Are you still eating until satisfied, which now falls at a lower overall calorie total? Are you finding you feel like moving around more as a result of years of metabolic improvements? Has your NEAT increased, for example do you find you fidget more and have more energy overall while keeping a similar calorie intake as the previous years? Or perhaps, you find it more pleasant to go longer without food as a result of healthier organ function/less PUFA load (what would previously have been labelled "restriction" no longer feels restrictive)?

I'm finding that I'm less hungry. I was hungry all the time.

I also find it better to eat real meals rather than continuous snacking, drinking another glass of milk, etc. Today for instance I ate a Fage yogurt, and then perhaps 2 ounces of cheese, two eggs, two pieces of white flour sourdough toast (with digestive enzymes on the side), and fresh pineapple. I wasn't hungry the whole day. That was many hours ago and I just had a little snack for the first time.

I think eating all the time was bad for me. I still don't eat big dinners like I used to, unless we go out to eat. But at home I eat a really small dinner compared to the old days simply because I'm not hungry.

I'm not moving around any more than I used to.

I am much warmer than I used to be. I get into 98.2 or 98.3 during the day now and feel overall much warmer.

I'm not trying to eat less. I'm not missing any meals when I'm hungry. I think I'm a bit less hungry. I think larger and less frequent meals (but not really large meals) are much better for me than the frequent ongoing eating pattern I had gotten into.

Mossy

I eat carrot an hour before bed because reading one of your posts, Ill make it a true carrot salad with some coconut. Good tips
So, is that just coconut, not coconut oil?

I'm going to try this before bed. Now I take it in the afternoon, but am curious if before bed would be better.

Thanks.

YourUniverse

I also find it better to eat real meals rather than continuous snacking, drinking another glass of milk, etc. Today for instance I ate a Fage yogurt, and then perhaps 2 ounces of cheese, two eggs, two pieces of white flour sourdough toast (with digestive enzymes on the side), and fresh pineapple. I wasn't hungry the whole day. That was many hours ago and I just had a little snack for the first time.

I think eating all the time was bad for me. I still don't eat big dinners like I used to, unless we go out to eat. But at home I eat a really small dinner compared to the old days simply because I'm not hungry.

I am much warmer than I used to be. I get into 98.2 or 98.3 during the day now and feel overall much warmer.

I'm not trying to eat less. I'm not missing any meals when I'm hungry. I think I'm a bit less hungry. I think larger and less frequent meals (but not really large meals) are much better for me than the frequent ongoing eating pattern I had gotten into.
Thanks, this helps a lot. I read a chapter in a Broda Barnes book on how fat makes weight loss easier, due to slowing of stomach emptying, and forum member kreeese has noted basically doing that type of diet of good fat, moderate protein, and enough sugar to stay out of ketosis. Without realizing I had been doing this most of my adult life, and it worked well, which was before hopping on the fad diet rollercoaster. Im even tempted to call the "peat diet" a fad diet, even though I just triggered someone into reminding everyone that there is no Peat diet; the diet Im talking about is the skim milk, OJ, coffee, gelatin, sugar w/ no starch, ultra-low-fat diet that ultimately has made weight control really difficult for me. But then again, it obviously works: there are people in this thread reporting excellent results from doing just that. Effective nutrition really does seem to be an individual thing.

So, is that just coconut, not coconut oil?

I'm going to try this before bed. Now I take it in the afternoon, but am curious if before bed would be better.

Thanks.
I meant coconut oil, making a full carrot salad with carrot, coconut oil, salt and vinegar

kreeese

Thanks, this helps a lot. I read a chapter in a Broda Barnes book on how fat makes weight loss easier, due to slowing of stomach emptying, and forum member kreeese has noted basically doing that type of diet of good fat, moderate protein, and enough sugar to stay out of ketosis. Without realizing I had been doing this most of my adult life, and it worked well, which was before hopping on the fad diet rollercoaster. Im even tempted to call the "peat diet" a fad diet, even though I just triggered someone into reminding everyone that there is no Peat diet; the diet Im talking about is the skim milk, OJ, coffee, gelatin, sugar w/ no starch, ultra-low-fat diet that ultimately has made weight control really difficult for me. But then again, it obviously works: there are people in this thread reporting excellent results from doing just that. Effective nutrition really does seem to be an individual thing.

I meant coconut oil, making a full carrot salad with carrot, coconut oil, salt and vinegar
lots of fantastic points u just made...Yes no Peat diet! Just what works for us! when I stopped drinking all my calories and just ate high metabolic foods and Raised my calories...it started happening...also I love "the fad diet rollercoaster"!! I payed a ton of money over the years riding that coaster lollllll

YourUniverse

lots of fantastic points u just made...Yes no Peat diet! Just what works for us! when I stopped drinking all my calories and just ate high metabolic foods and Raised my calories...it started happening...also I love "the fad diet rollercoaster"!! I payed a ton of money over the years riding that coaster lollllll
Lol yes sir! Keep us updated with your progress please!

Mossy

YourUniverse

How much vitamin E do you take and what product.?
Jamieson brand, 400iu mixed tocopherol, every 2 or 3 days. I'll note I've never really had acne, so when it pops up along with other symptoms I lumped them together as "PUFA-related". Vitamin A is supposed to be really effective for healthy skin

sladerunner69

I think going by hunger is the most efficient way to stave off fat gain, and I mean real, significant hunger, not mere "room".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals