I'm Finally Losing Serious Weight

I've said that I am against fast weight loss, and I am.

So I wanted to update you.

I was at 170 for a long time, a US size 32 or 34 waist, then in my middle age creeped up a bit. I was following low carb most of that time

Then I started a Peat-inspired diet. By then I was more at 190, and I quickly ballooned to around 217. I'm male, over 6 feet tall and naturally a narrow person. You couldn't tell I was that heavy and it was mostly fat around my belly. In US sizes I was at a 38 waist.

I have slowly (over 2 years) fallen but was stuck around 203. Recently I got to 198 and maybe even 196. And the weight loss is a little faster.

I think it's because I'm warmer. My temperature are higher. Right now, late afternoon, they are 98.2F., they will vary during the day but a few years ago were often in the 96s or 97s even at the peak.

So my metabolism is higher.

What has also made a difference is that I'm no longer drinking milk. I am not on a lot of liquids. And I watch starch. I eat digestive enzymes for gluten when I eat wheat-based products. Maybe that makes a difference. I don't know.

But it is quite nice because I'm not going hungry or trying to lose weight by eating less.

Surfari

Thanks for sharing.
Are you taking calcium supplements? Do you eat cheese?

sladerunner69

Yeah this seems to be a similar story for many people adopting Ray's ideas. Eat more to raise metabolism, then end up putting on a lot of weight as they are in a better mood so not watching their fat intake. I got up to 230lbs drinking a lot of 2% and whole milk. I put on a good deal pf muscle mass too, and don't work out near as much as I used to when I was throwing disc. Now I have been controlling my fat intake and not stuffing myself with copious amounts of fruit and juice. I try to eat about 2500 calories a day, low fat. And since the beginning of the newyear I dropped down to 215, so a solid 10-15 lbs in 2 months is really not bad. I could even lose it faster if I went down to very little dietary fat, but I like to eat beef or cheese here and there because it tastes too yummy.

OP
ecstatichamster
Yeah this seems to be a similar story for many people adopting Ray's ideas. Eat more to raise metabolism, then end up putting on a lot of weight as they are in a better mood so not watching their fat intake. I got up to 230lbs drinking a lot of 2% and whole milk. I put on a good deal pf muscle mass too, and don't work out near as much as I used to when I was throwing disc. Now I have been controlling my fat intake and not stuffing myself with copious amounts of fruit and juice. I try to eat about 2500 calories a day, low fat. And since the beginning of the newyear I dropped down to 215, so a solid 10-15 lbs in 2 months is really not bad. I could even lose it faster if I went down to very little dietary fat, but I like to eat beef or cheese here and there because it tastes too yummy.

That’s quite a good fat loss.

docall18

I have quickly lost weight on large doses of K2&D3 and stopping milk. I have been taking cheese for calcium, and recently started back taking lactose free milk.

OP
ecstatichamster
The gluten digestive enzymes may be helping me too. I'm not sure but it seems that since I've been taking them, I've been losing fat faster. Maybe it is helping heal gut issues that were spilling too many endotoxins into my system. Maybe it's not that at all.

Wagner83

Are you still doing the activated charcoal? I remember you used it often.

sladerunner69

literally fruit, skim milk, coffee, carrots, vitamins and aspirin?

Yeah that's most of my diet. Tonight I finished the day off with a slice of liver + organic bbq sauce. And a grass fed beef sausage with yellow mustard. And a coca cola. And a little coffee with gelatin and theanine. Before this I was working for around 10 hours, I had a 40 oz hydroflask of skim milk, and a 40 oz hydro flask of OJ. I added salt to both. In the morning I had a coffee with sugar and a little half n half, and a glass of grape juice. I have saturated fat every night for the reason of decreasing inflammation during the night time because it is effectively an 8 hour fast.

Wagner83

I eat carrot an hour before bed because reading one of your posts, Ill make it a true carrot salad with some coconut. Good tips
For the record in my case coconut oil pushes metabolism and glucose metabolism too much, or simply gets used for fuel too quickly (guesses), fats like butter,beef, maybe cheese, are better for dinner.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals