Hormonal problems

allblues

Hi,
I used to be somewhat active on here a few years back, but haven't posted anything for quite a while.
Anyway, something happened recently which makes me want to ask advice or for others experiences:

As a 30 y.o. guy, I've been using progesterone on and off, about 1-5 mg every few days or so, for a while.
Partly to see if it might have some effects in blocking estrogen which I've been suspecting is a longstanding problem for me,
and also just to see if it could help my brain function.
Effects have been mostly good, and I haven't experienced any noticeable problems in terms of suppressing my own steroid
production, which has been in the back of my mind after a bad experience I had a few years back.

Recently however I ended up using prog 3 days in a row, after which I seem to really have upended my
hormones. I could go into detail, but it's similar to what happened many years ago when I overused DHT,
albeit less dramatic.

I'm curious if any other guys have had this happen to them, signs of gonadal suppression use from progesterone,
and if so whether it mostly went away on its own, anything in that category.
It's weird to me that I'd even get symptoms like this at such low doses, but here I am.
On the positive side I am hopeful this incident isn't likely to be as bad as my previous androgen misuse.

Thanks for reading,

Hi,
I used to be somewhat active on here a few years back, but haven't posted anything for quite a while.
Anyway, something happened recently which makes me want to ask advice or for others experiences:

As a 30 y.o. guy, I've been using progesterone on and off, about 1-5 mg every few days or so, for a while.
Partly to see if it might have some effects in blocking estrogen which I've been suspecting is a longstanding problem for me,
and also just to see if it could help my brain function.
Effects have been mostly good, and I haven't experienced any noticeable problems in terms of suppressing my own steroid
production, which has been in the back of my mind after a bad experience I had a few years back.

Recently however I ended up using prog 3 days in a row, after which I seem to really have upended my
hormones. I could go into detail, but it's similar to what happened many years ago when I overused DHT,
albeit less dramatic.

I'm curious if any other guys have had this happen to them, signs of gonadal suppression use from progesterone,
and if so whether it mostly went away on its own, anything in that category.
It's weird to me that I'd even get symptoms like this at such low doses, but here I am.
On the positive side I am hopeful this incident isn't likely to be as bad as my previous androgen misuse.

Thanks for reading,
Ray Peat says symptoms for men, from using progesterone is temporary. I am hearing that Pregnenolone is a better option for men, @J.R.K.

OP
allblues

allblues

Has anyone had similar extreme sensitivities to exogenous hormones?
I just had another, actually unintended exposure and I'm a little baffled at how my body responds.
A few days ago I was cleaning out old supplements that have been laying around, and touched an old androsterone
dropper, which had apparently been leaking some of its content as the dropper was sticky.
Immediately I washed my hands with soap, to get rid of whatever had really only come into contact with
1-2 of my fingers. I did not think much of it but the following two days I had a noticable increase in libido,
after which I started feeling strange, cold, my testicles changed appearance, along with some other things.

I have no idea how much hormone I was exposed to - it can't have been much, but it's wild to me
how sensitive my body seems to be to any exogenous hormone.

I don't know if its possible to say anything from this, but would be interested to hear if anyone
has encountered similar things, or if it might possibly mean something about one's state of health.
(besides reinforcing the notion that I should steer clear of any hormonal supplementation)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals