How Do Permanently Lower Prolactin?

ebs

I've been naturally raising my T levels since October. Started off 450ng/dl and was at 640ng/dl by January.

Although I haven't done bloods since, I'm more than certain I'm sitting on a minimum of 850ng/dl just based on how I feel. I've been working extremely hard at raising it in spite of a varicocele.

Right now I have a fire in my chest that just wants me to get up and go, which is something I have only experienced at very high levels of T (I did roids foolishly a few years back).

How have you been able to raise it so fast? Care to share your regimen?

Edit: nvm seeing you shared it already.

marcar72

What ratio of sodium to potassium and how much sodium at 12 cups water per day?

Well I'm not worrying too much about a sodium/potassium ratio per se, but I'm mindful of eating some foods that have a bit of potassium in them every day. It's not like I"m even shooting for the 4,700mg/day adequate intake which I think is skewed but probably get 3g/day. In theory sodium is "potassium sparing" so getting adequate sodium should take care of both unless one is really eating a lot of processed, nutrient dead food.

For sodium I've been having 4 cups of brine per day made with Morton's Canning & Pickling salt. 1/2 tsp per cup 4 times throughout the day. I've read that 4g-6g/day of sodium is the supposed sweet spot but most would recommend to "salt to taste". 1 cup of brine with 1/2 tsp of salt tastes really good. :2cents:

baccheion

Well I'm not worrying too much about a sodium/potassium ratio per se, but I'm mindful of eating some foods that have a bit of potassium in them every day. It's not like I"m even shooting for the 4,700mg/day adequate intake which I think is skewed but probably get 3g/day. In theory sodium is "potassium sparing" so getting adequate sodium should take care of both unless one is really eating a lot of processed, nutrient dead food.

For sodium I've been having 4 cups of brine per day made with Morton's Canning & Pickling salt. 1/2 tsp per cup 4 times throughout the day. I've read that 4g-6g/day of sodium is the supposed sweet spot but most would recommend to "salt to taste". 1 cup of brine with 1/2 tsp of salt tastes really good. :2cents:
Same for blacks?

BingDing

All the alkali minerals kind of work together if I understand RP correctly. Magnesium deficiency is said to be widespread and common. I never think of sodium without also thinking of magnesium.

Calcium, sodium, magnesium and potassium are alkali minerals, phosphorous is not.

It's all a s*** simple experiment, try something out for a few days and see what happens, go back to your normal for a few days, try something a little different for a few days and see what happens, etc. It's part and parcel of you for the rest of your life, as long as you put all the important ingredients into the mix as you learn you will sort it out.

Day: Tribulus; ; Tongkat Ali (5 days on 2 days off); Boron (2 weeks on 1 week off); Panax ginseng; Alcar; Calcium; Intermittent Fasting (pretty sure none of those break Fast); Niacinamide; CDP Choline

Pre-workout: Bromelain (prevents drop in T from exercise); Caffeine; Horny Goat Weed; Vitamin C; Creatine Monohydrate; B-complex; Ginko Biloba

Post-workout: Magnesium (moved from before bed); 2.5g Pine pollen powder; Ashwaghanda (cycled 1 week on 1 week off); Zinc; 2g Cistanche; Taurine; Cynomorium; Cold shower

--Meal 1 -- (Eggs; two jacket potatoes; two 100% beef burgers; butter; shopska salad; half an onion; Organic whey isolate

Post-meal 1: 2.5g pine pollen powder; Vitamin D3 with K2; L-Reuteri; Ginko Biloba

--Meal 2 -- (Whatever fits my macros & calories)

Post-meal 2: 2.5g pine pollen powder; Omega 3; Niacinamide; Vitamin C

Night: 2.5g Pine pollen powder; 2g cistanche; lysine; 1 whole raw carrot; Tribulus; Tongkat Ali; Cynomorium; Meditation; Red-light therapy; Vitamin E oil; Iodine

1. Everything emboldened affects Testosterone; Androgens, or AR-signalling in some manner
2. It's more important to focus first on fixing deficiencies prior to herbal supplementation

3. Pine Pollen powder > Pine Pollen tincture. I found the powder to give a noticeable boost in drive without side effects, whereas tinctures shut me down.
Cynomorium
How did the Cynomorium make you feel? I have some but read in studies it has phytoestrogens

Charger

Day: Tribulus; ; Tongkat Ali (5 days on 2 days off); Boron (2 weeks on 1 week off); Panax ginseng; Alcar; Calcium; Intermittent Fasting (pretty sure none of those break Fast); Niacinamide; CDP Choline

Pre-workout: Bromelain (prevents drop in T from exercise); Caffeine; Horny Goat Weed; Vitamin C; Creatine Monohydrate; B-complex; Ginko Biloba

Post-workout: Magnesium (moved from before bed); 2.5g Pine pollen powder; Ashwaghanda (cycled 1 week on 1 week off); Zinc; 2g Cistanche; Taurine; Cynomorium; Cold shower

--Meal 1 -- (Eggs; two jacket potatoes; two 100% beef burgers; butter; shopska salad; half an onion; Organic whey isolate

Post-meal 1: 2.5g pine pollen powder; Vitamin D3 with K2; L-Reuteri; Ginko Biloba

--Meal 2 -- (Whatever fits my macros & calories)

Post-meal 2: 2.5g pine pollen powder; Omega 3; Niacinamide; Vitamin C

Night: 2.5g Pine pollen powder; 2g cistanche; lysine; 1 whole raw carrot; Tribulus; Tongkat Ali; Cynomorium; Meditation; Red-light therapy; Vitamin E oil; Iodine

1. Everything emboldened affects Testosterone; Androgens, or AR-signalling in some manner
2. It's more important to focus first on fixing deficiencies prior to herbal supplementation

3. Pine Pollen powder > Pine Pollen tincture. I found the powder to give a noticeable boost in drive without side effects, whereas tinctures shut me down.

Have most of these supplements and would be interested if you could elaborate on dosages and brands used for each.

Last edited:

Geronimo

That's really good. I think Peat recommends to keep PUFA consumption at, or under, 4 grams daily. This is typically doable if your fat sources are from coconut oil, butter, dairy, cacao, pastured egg yolks, ruminant meats, etc.

The benefits of cutting out polyunsaturated fat seem to be a long term process, it's not like something you're going to notice from just 30 days of abstaining. Also, for me personally, even cutting out PUFAs didn't completely cure me. I think for many people, once PUFA has blocked thyroid function to the point that your digestion has slowed, and is now developing bacterial overgrowth, simply removing PUFA may not be enough. My metabolism wasn't fully healing until I started to focus on the LPS/bacteria.

I think PUFA is what sets everything in motion, but once it degrades your metabolism to the point that endotoxin and serotonin becomes an issue, I think these continue to exert a very profound excitatory and inflammatory response despite keeping dietary PUFA low.

How did you fix your lps/bacterial issues?

Jessie

The biggest thing for me was 30 days of IF. Not very Peaty mind you, but 14-16 hr windows of no food really cleared my digestion and gave those bacteria no food to much on. Whenever I would break the fast a carb rich meal would make me really warm.

I threw in some carrot salads, boiled mushrooms, wheat bran, and activated charcoal + coconut oil as well. So I think it was a combination of pretty much all of them. Between the fasts, insoluble fiber, and charcoal I was able to push most of those nasty bugs out. Of course I think diet macros help when you eat low(er) fat as well. Dietary fat's ability to increase LPS absorption dosen't really help.

baccheion

The biggest thing for me was 30 days of IF. Not very Peaty mind you, but 14-16 hr windows of no food really cleared my digestion and gave those bacteria no food to much on. Whenever I would break the fast a carb rich meal would make me really warm.

I threw in some carrot salads, boiled mushrooms, wheat bran, and activated charcoal + coconut oil as well. So I think it was a combination of pretty much all of them. Between the fasts, insoluble fiber, and charcoal I was able to push most of those nasty bugs out. Of course I think diet macros help when you eat low(er) fat as well. Dietary fat's ability to increase LPS absorption dosen't really help.
Peat is against fasting more than 24 hours. Maybe the low PUFA makes fasting harder. If growth plates are closed, no need for more than a 4-6 hour feeding window. You could even try taking small amounts of sustained-release melatonin every 4 hours after the last meal to ensure switch to fat burning. Then the main one before bed.

It seems Peat's main thing is limiting PUFAs.

Ismail

What positive changes did you notice once you had dealt with your lps/bacterial issues? Thank you.

golder

9-MBC has been used by many to facilitate dopaminergic repair.

It has some suspected toxicity if you co-ingest strong methyl donors.
I’ve just got some and was wondering if you could share some of your expertise of recommended dosing size and some examples of methyl donors to avoid? Thanks so much!

Tbone107

9-MBC has been used by many to facilitate dopaminergic repair.

It has some suspected toxicity if you co-ingest strong methyl donors.

Hey Lokzo,

Did you ever end up trying to 9-MBC? And why do you mean by the danger of co ingesting methyl donors?

Jessie

What positive changes did you notice once you had dealt with your lps/bacterial issues? Thank you.
I started responding to sugar much better. Before I cleared the endotoxin out, I had a hard time noticing metabolic improvements from dietary sugar. I think this was because I wasn't generating much CO2, and probably converting the sucrose into mostly lactate. I also think my liver wasn't holding glycogen well, so the ability to stay in the anti-stress state was severely impaired.

After reducing the bacterial load I noticed sugar would make me warm, and that ability to stay in the anti-stress state was much easier, and I can stay there much longer between meals (indicating my glycogen storage has improved somewhat). I have no problem eating a meal and then going 6-7 hours without eating. In the past, there was no way I could do this unless I was in ketosis. So I've definitely made a quantum leap in improvement.

I'm pretty much solely focused on that lactate-serotonin-endotoxin connection, because that's definitely where my problem lies. I haven't really "cracked the code" yet by any means, but I've narrowed it down considerably. When I reduce lactate, I notice improvements. When I inhibit serotonin, I notice improvements. When I reduce endotoxin, I notice improvements.

I wasted a lot of my time thinking I had a cortisol/adrenal issue. And, I mean, there may be a problem there as well, but if there is, it's tied into this negative feedback loop with serotonin and lactate. Coming from the low carb community, it's only logical to assume you have a cortisol issue, however I really think LPS and bacteria should be the first thing to consider. Based on my experience anyways.

Also, it may very well be that I was borderline diabetic (hence the lactate issue). My ketogenic diet certainly didn't help me, and diabetes was a huge problem in my family as well.

golder

I started responding to sugar much better. Before I cleared the endotoxin out, I had a hard time noticing metabolic improvements from dietary sugar. I think this was because I wasn't generating much CO2, and probably converting the sucrose into mostly lactate. I also think my liver wasn't holding glycogen well, so the ability to stay in the anti-stress state was severely impaired.

After reducing the bacterial load I noticed sugar would make me warm, and that ability to stay in the anti-stress state was much easier, and I can stay there much longer between meals (indicating my glycogen storage has improved somewhat). I have no problem eating a meal and then going 6-7 hours without eating. In the past, there was no way I could do this unless I was in ketosis. So I've definitely made a quantum leap in improvement.

I'm pretty much solely focused on that lactate-serotonin-endotoxin connection, because that's definitely where my problem lies. I haven't really "cracked the code" yet by any means, but I've narrowed it down considerably. When I reduce lactate, I notice improvements. When I inhibit serotonin, I notice improvements. When I reduce endotoxin, I notice improvements.

I wasted a lot of my time thinking I had a cortisol/adrenal issue. And, I mean, there may be a problem there as well, but if there is, it's tied into this negative feedback loop with serotonin and lactate. Coming from the low carb community, it's only logical to assume you have a cortisol issue, however I really think LPS and bacteria should be the first thing to consider. Based on my experience anyways.

Also, it may very well be that I was borderline diabetic (hence the lactate issue). My ketogenic diet certainly didn't help me, and diabetes was a huge problem in my family as well.
Amazing post, thanks. What would you say the top 3 things were that you implemented that helped with the reduction of your LPS and lactate?

Jessie

Amazing post, thanks. What would you say the top 3 things were that you implemented that helped with the reduction of your LPS and lactate?
The 30 days of IF really helped. Other then that, I'd say the activated charcoal + coconut oil was the best antiseptic.

I think diffusing and inhaling baking soda is the best lactate antagonist I've found. Acetazolamide and thiamine also helped to a lesser degree.

Biggest dietary factor was just adjusting my macros. There's no question that I personally do best on a low(er) fat diet. I know many peatarians are partial to their saturated fats, but I think, for me anyways, it's best that I limit all fats to a small portion. Of course this goes without saying that avoiding PUFA and balancing the Ca:P is important.

Ismail

Thank you for the previous reply, I really think my situation is similar to that of yours, and I can really relate, especially the part about my liver not being able to “hold” sugar properly and hence I very easily get stressed/cortisol response if I don’t eat regularly. I’m gonna make a point of reducing endotoxins and see how I feel.
If you don’t mind me asking, how exactly do you have the mushrooms, the wheat bran and the activated charcoal? Do you have the activated charcoal with water only? Is it in between meals? And also do you have the wheat bran with other foods? Is the wheat bran specifically to reduce LPS?

Did you read anywhere specific the benefits of fasting on LPS?

Thank you again, really appreciate your help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals