Heavy breathing

OP
I

iLoveSugar

The last 2 days I have taken 150mg benfotiamine 2x a day. I don't know if this isn't enough. Shortness of breath is still awful. Heavy breathing is still sucky too.

brightside

The last 2 days I have taken 150mg benfotiamine 2x a day. I don't know if this isn't enough. Shortness of breath is still awful. Heavy breathing is still sucky too.

Patient numbers 2 and 3 never reported any improvement of neither fatigue nor CWP until the dose was increased to1500 mg/day. Instead, an abrupt improvement instead occurred at doses of 1800 mg/day.

The therapy seems to be characterised by an ‘all or nothing’ effect. In other words, below a given daily minimum dose, there was no improvement observed. Empirically, we learned that once an appreciable improvement of the fatigue and related symptoms is achieved, a further increase in thiamine doses has led in few cases to mild tachycardia (90–100 bpm) and difficulties in falling asleep.

That's talking about thiamine HCL and fibromyalgia, however, there is a threshold point for B1 in all conditions. Past this threshold point, it works more like a drug, and boosts PDH, AKG, and blocks PDK in a substantial manner.

Effective Benfo dosages are around 600-1200, but I don't know the threshold point, probably around 900mg. I don't feel much from HCL or Benfo, though, and TTFD is the only one that is worth using. For me the threshold point for TTFD is around 200mg.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I also feel like any metabolism boosters such as thiamine, thyroid, etc, elevate my dizziness and make me hypersensitive.

brightside

Thank you. Can you point out any good sources?
I use Ecological Formulas TTFD, but it has excipients. They dont irritate my gut, so its not an issue for me.

Thiamax has no excipients, but @LadyRae said it irritates her gut still? Thiamax pills are quite small, and its easy to take a high dose, but its around 2x cost of EF.

LadyRae

I use Ecological Formulas TTFD, but it has excipients. They dont irritate my gut, so its not an issue for me.

Thiamax has no excipients, but @LadyRae said it irritates her gut still? Thiamax pills are quite small, and its easy to take a high dose, but its around 2x cost of EF.
I am not sure if it irritated me specifically, I have just made a point of avoiding any supplements with silica. But I see that it no longer has any fillers!

Since the new formulation of Energin came out, I noticed a huge difference....the Energin gives me noticeable energy (lol, aptly named), so I just stick with that. I like the liquid under my tongue...

Honestly I didn't notice much at all with Thiamax...

brightside

I am not sure if it irritated me specifically, I have just made a point of avoiding any supplements with silica. But I see that it no longer has any fillers!

Since the new formulation of Energin came out, I noticed a huge difference....the Energin gives me noticeable energy (lol, aptly named), so I just stick with that. I like the liquid under my tongue...

Honestly I didn't notice much at all with Thiamax...
Yep, that was Elliots whole point of his supplement line. Seems good, but It's not worth the money for me.
Hmm, now energin seems interesting. I got a bottle back when it was just HCL and honestly found it kind of impossible to use.

Just saying, though, Thiamax is not allithiamine, annd neither is the Ecological formulas. Even though it says so on the bottle, its indeed TTFD. TTFD is fursultiamine, while energin has an analogue of allithiamine, prosultiamine.

It's kind of confusing, I know, but perhaps you are responding better to the prosultiamine? Since I feel next to nothing from HCL and Benfo, it seems like the form matters a lot, and maybe for you it's the same thing but with a different form?

LadyRae

Yep, that was Elliots whole point of his supplement line. Seems good, but It's not worth the money for me.
Hmm, now energin seems interesting. I got a bottle back when it was just HCL and honestly found it kind of impossible to use.

Just saying, though, Thiamax is not allithiamine, annd neither is the Ecological formulas. Even though it says so on the bottle, its indeed TTFD. TTFD is fursultiamine, while energin has an analogue of allithiamine, prosultiamine.

It's kind of confusing, I know, but perhaps you are responding better to the prosultiamine? Since I feel next to nothing from HCL and Benfo, it seems like the form matters a lot, and maybe for you it's the same thing but with a different form?
Yes, benfo and HCL were very anti- climactic. With the new Energin, I only take 12 drops per dose. But I left it at home, currently on Vacation in very sunny/hot Hawaii. I'm eating some island grass fed beef liver and don't miss my B vits supps one bit.

brightside

Yes, benfo and HCL were very anti- climactic. With the new Energin, I only take 12 drops per dose. But I left it at home, currently on Vacation in very sunny/hot Hawaii. I'm eating some island grass fed beef liver and don't miss my B vits supps one bit.
Hmm, thats only 12ish mg. Impressive that, that dosage is effective, but I suppose sublingual boosts it quite a bit.
Ah, good for you! Must be a nice break from doom and gloom Washington haha.

LadyRae

Hmm, thats only 12ish mg. Impressive that, that dosage is effective, but I suppose sublingual boosts it quite a bit.
Ah, good for you! Must be a nice break from doom and gloom Washington haha.
I live in Eastern Washington though, it's been very sunny but also lots of snow. Fun to walk the dog in actually.

Rain and dark Western WA folks may do well with full 25 drop dose 😉

brightside

I live in Eastern Washington though, it's been very sunny but also lots of snow. Fun to walk the dog in actually.

Rain and dark Western WA folks may do well with full 25 drop dose 😉
Ah that's right, I assumed it would be cloudy there too.

Haha, I think that's a minimum

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Update on this. I have been using thiamine for a few weeks now. I thought it was helping, but past few days have been having bad episodes again. Still taking thiamine daily.

brightside

Update on this. I have been using thiamine for a few weeks now. I thought it was helping, but past few days have been having bad episodes again. Still taking thiamine daily.
How much? Are getting over 3g potassium, magnesium?

youngsinatra

Get a complete iron panel. (serum iron, transferrin, total iron saturation index, ferritin, hemoglobin)

Serum copper and ceruloplasmin are also very important for iron metabolism.

Hypoxia due to disrupted iron metabolism can cause your symptoms.

Vanset

Does it sound particularly heavy on the exhale?

This sounds like POTS and potentially lactic acidosis. Both of these are inter-related, and can cause the other.

Hearing/feeling your heart beat is often due to depleted potassium, which is usually caused by acidosis. On the other hand, if you have poor circulation/low pressure, you can enter anaerobic glycolysis simply due to low oxygenation.

Other random things can cause heart palpitations, such as a low choline diet, while heavy breathing can be gut irritation. However, since you are describing these two together, its more likely that its what I mentioned first.

First move would be to try thiamine
Very interesting post. Do you have some experience with POTS/hypovolemia? Do you recommend trying B1? I think in my case it's caused by underactive HPA axis caused by extreme amount of stress, I think that my adrenals are FUBAR. What I have noticed is my symptoms are completely gone if I skip a night of sleep. I'm warm and flushed and vascular, my blood pressurure is normalized (no longer on the lower end) and no longer have the bounding pulse that I can hear. I think this is because lack of sleep increases ACTH? Do you perhaps have any advice?

youngsinatra

Very interesting post. Do you have some experience with POTS/hypovolemia? Do you recommend trying B1? I think in my case it's caused by underactive HPA axis caused by extreme amount of stress, I think that my adrenals are FUBAR. What I have noticed is my symptoms are completely gone if I skip a night of sleep. I'm warm and flushed and vascular, my blood pressurure is normalized (no longer on the lower end) and no longer have the bounding pulse that I can hear. I think this is because lack of sleep increases ACTH? Do you perhaps have any advice?
Have you tried vitamin B5? It helps with cortisol synthesis and adrenal fatigue.

Vanset

Have you tried vitamin B5? It helps with cortisol synthesis and adrenal fatigue.
I haven't supplemented any B vitamins in a long time, perhaps I should. For now I'm trying to get a lot of whole food vitamin C in my diet (not entirely sold on ascorbic acid supplements) so I'm having two yellow bell peppers daily. I'm also focusing on copper since I tested deficient, I'm mainly getting it from cocoa powder, at least 10g daily as per that one wacky study. In general I'm researching all the different cofactors for adrenal hormone production.

youngsinatra

I haven't supplemented any B vitamins in a long time, perhaps I should. For now I'm trying to get a lot of whole food vitamin C in my diet (not entirely sold on ascorbic acid supplements) so I'm having two yellow bell peppers daily. I'm also focusing on copper since I tested deficient, I'm mainly getting it from cocoa powder, at least 10g daily as per that one wacky study. In general I'm researching all the different cofactors for adrenal hormone production.
Yeah low copper causes a whole host of issues. Low norepinephrine is also caused by copper deficiency.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

My cardiologist told me to he wants to do a CT scan with dye. No thanks.

My ultrasounds have showed leaky valve. This could explain out of breath, tired, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals