Low Toxin Diet Haven’t been acutely sick in 6 years since developing POTS and other autoimmune issues. Haven’t been able to sweat either. Can’t detox ?

pubh12

Forum Supporter
I’ve detailed my health and breathing impairment before but I won’t get into it in this thread. I’m curious about the “acute sickness is actually a detox” angle of health

So two things , as I said in the title.

I cannot sweat anymore. And I haven’t been able to get acutely ill with cough , discounted snots, vomit , and flu like acute illness. In SIX years.

If this means I’m not detoxing then I might be in big trouble. And my health is so bad I can hardly walk about.

I’m considering going back to the flush niacin but I have a few questions

1) If detoxing is truly behind the acute symptoms of viral infections or colds etc , surely the flush niacin will bring out a flu like illness , something I haven’t been able to experience in six years. Wouldn’t that make sense ? No flu like illnesses - no detox happening ?

2. Is flush niaicin even safe in a situation where I believe I’m extremely toxic? Wouldn’t I just be kicking heavy metals and things up without being able to handle it?

I honestly don’t know how to tackle this. Low vitamin A diet seems like a long shot to get me out of this situation. Maybe for someone’s who’s body actually detox’s but mine doesn’t seem to do it well. Should I take NAC to boost glutathione ?

@charlie thoughts ?

youngsinatra

B vitamins are needed (and depleted) for (and by) detox.

NAD (B3), FAD (B2), B12, folate, B5, B1 are involved in processes like acetylation, methylation, glucoronidation, sulfation, glutathione conjugation… (these are liver detox phases)

Molybdenum is also involved in sulfation.
Zinc and selenium also important. But I prefer whole foods instead of supplements for minerals. (So beef, chicken, eggs, beans would be good choices)

1712487656860.png

frederic

Forum Supporter
I’ve detailed my health and breathing impairment before but I won’t get into it in this thread. I’m curious about the “acute sickness is actually a detox” angle of health

So two things , as I said in the title.

I cannot sweat anymore. And I haven’t been able to get acutely ill with cough , discounted snots, vomit , and flu like acute illness. In SIX years.

If this means I’m not detoxing then I might be in big trouble. And my health is so bad I can hardly walk about.

I’m considering going back to the flush niacin but I have a few questions

1) If detoxing is truly behind the acute symptoms of viral infections or colds etc , surely the flush niacin will bring out a flu like illness , something I haven’t been able to experience in six years. Wouldn’t that make sense ? No flu like illnesses - no detox happening ?

2. Is flush niaicin even safe in a situation where I believe I’m extremely toxic? Wouldn’t I just be kicking heavy metals and things up without being able to handle it?

I honestly don’t know how to tackle this. Low vitamin A diet seems like a long shot to get me out of this situation. Maybe for someone’s who’s body actually detox’s but mine doesn’t seem to do it well. Should I take NAC to boost glutathione ?

@charlie thoughts ?
You need to fix your diet first. You mentioned earlier indulging in junk food on a regular basis. That in itself will prevent any detox to happen.

No sweat, no illness: I had that problem too. I was explained by a CTM practitioner that my system got so weak that it couldn't sweat. And toxicity was so high that there was no room for any other disease. Interesting theory.

Fix your diet.
Go low vitA low copper.
Don't fool around blindly with NAC/glutatione/B vitamins etc. You'll only make things worse.
And if you really want to get better, subscribe to Doctor Garrett Smith's Love your liver program. $50 and you'll know everything there is to know about proper detoxing.

Last edited:
OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
You need to fix your diet first. You mentioned earlier indulging in junk food on a regular basis. That in itself will prevent any detox to happen.

No sweat, no illness: I had that problem too. I was explained by an CTM practitioner that my system got so weak that it couldn't sweat. And toxicity was so high that there was no room for any other disease. Interesting theory.

Fix your diet.
Go low vitA low copper.
Don't fool around blindly with NAC/glutatione/B vitamins etc. You'll only make things worse.
And if you really want to get better, subscribe to Doctor Garrett Smith's Love your liver program. $50 and you'll know everything there is to know about proper detoxing.
So if I detox my liver the way Garrett Smith describes, would that means when I start I will start having acute illness again aka detox signs with the Niacin?

frederic

Forum Supporter
So if I detox my liver the way Garrett Smith describes, would that means when I start I will start having acute illness again aka detox signs with the Niacin?
Should you detox your liver the right way, you would make sure you do *not get too strong signs of detox. Uncomfortable detoxing means you are going too fast.

Doctor Smith says it loud and clear: "poison on the way in, poison on the way out". Detoxing too strongly is damaging your body. You need to get familiar with toxic bile theory.

OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
Should you detox your liver the right way, you would make sure you do *not get too strong signs of detox. Uncomfortable detoxing means you are going too fast.

Doctor Smith says it loud and clear: "poison on the way in, poison on the way out". Detoxing too strongly is damaging your body. You need to get familiar with toxic bile theory.
is the flush still a good thing to get though? We still want that?

Nick

It has been suggested that POTS is a high electromagnetic sensitivity, as with "neurasthenia." One element of neurasthenia is the inability to get acutely sick. I think both sets of symptoms are presentations of blocked or overwhelmed detox pathways.
Possibly yes, I did. I had not gotten sick for more than maybe one day a couple times in about ten years of Peat style eating and suppressing detox constantly. After stopping eating so many toxins and getting detoxification ramped up again I have gotten very sick for a whole week. I should emphasize that I've seen lots of improvements in other areas though. I'm guessing that the slower you ramp up detox the gentler the experience will be.

Santosh

B vitamins are needed (and depleted) for (and by) detox.

NAD (B3), FAD (B2), B12, folate, B5, B1 are involved in processes like acetylation, methylation, glucoronidation, sulfation, glutathione conjugation… (these are liver detox phases)

Molybdenum is also involved in sulfation.
Zinc and selenium also important. But I prefer whole foods instead of supplements for minerals. (So beef, chicken, eggs, beans would be good choices)

View attachment 62249

You need to get them from foods, synthetic B vitamins don't have these actions at all.

Like any other synthetic supplement for that matter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals