Fat Loss halted from release of PUFA Fat Stores, how to mitigate?

Migotyou

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone,

So I was losing weight the last couple of weeks by going low fat, then I started getting generalized itching, sores, and inflammation. So, I went back to moderate fat and took anti inflammatories to stop the immunosuppression and inflammation from the PUFA being released. My body went back to an anti inflammatory state. I made the switch from non fat milk to low fat milk to lower the inflammation.

My question is that I have the last 5-8 pounds of belly fat to lose, but it’s most likely PUFA stores, just wondering a way to remove the last pounds of belly fat fast and safely.

I currently take thyroid, pansterone, aspirin, vitamin E tocovit, vitamin d, vitamin k2, and niacinamide. I also eat mushrooms and carrots daily.

Thanks!

Last edited:

HumanLife

Do you exercise? A bit of push ups and some cardio every alternate day can help in speeding the metabolism and stimulating the muscles enough to produce more testosterone to burn off the fat much more safely. Granted you take enough sugar for your glycogen stores, saturated fat for the SFA/PUFA ratio, and protein for recovery. A bit of coffee for the liver may help as well.

An interesting thing to test out would be sleeping exactly around when sundown ends and waking when the sun sets. This would help you avoid the stress of the night and give your body more rest to help recovery and burn fat. Likely not possible to do without some kind of safe sleeping aid, though IIRC Ray Peat said that aspirin helps with sleep. Sunlight and fun is very helpful too. A sport like boxing but done conservatively could be both stimulating to the mind and body and even Ray agrees that the stimulation from nature can help lose weight. Earthing’s anti-stress effects could also have a bit of benefit.

cremes

Hi everyone,

So I was losing weight the last couple of weeks by going low fat, then I started getting generalized itching, sores, and inflammation. So, I went back to moderate fat and took anti inflammatories to stop the immunosuppression and inflammation from the PUFA being released. My body went back to an anti inflammatory state. I made the switch from non fat milk to low fat milk to lower the inflammation.

My question is that I have the last 5-8 pounds of belly fat to lose, but it’s most likely PUFA stores, just wondering a way to remove the last pounds of belly fat fast and safely.

I currently take thyroid, pansterone, aspirin, vitamin E tocovit, vitamin d, vitamin k2, and niacinamide. I also eat mushrooms and carrots daily.

Thanks!
Sounds like you already discovered the winning approach for your body. Just cycle the low-fat days to moderate fat and keep at it. The cycle could be 5 low fat then 2 moderate fat or whatever minimizes the stress reaction you noticed.

OP
M

Migotyou

Forum Supporter
Do you exercise? A bit of push ups and some cardio every alternate day can help in speeding the metabolism and stimulating the muscles enough to produce more testosterone to burn off the fat much more safely. Granted you take enough sugar for your glycogen stores, saturated fat for the SFA/PUFA ratio, and protein for recovery. A bit of coffee for the liver may help as well.

An interesting thing to test out would be sleeping exactly around when sundown ends and waking when the sun sets. This would help you avoid the stress of the night and give your body more rest to help recovery and burn fat. Likely not possible to do without some kind of safe sleeping aid, though IIRC Ray Peat said that aspirin helps with sleep. Sunlight and fun is very helpful too. A sport like boxing but done conservatively could be both stimulating to the mind and body and even Ray agrees that the stimulation from nature can help lose weight. Earthing’s anti-stress effects could also have a bit of benefit.
Ok I’ll do exercising again since I’ve been relying on diet at this point

OP
M

Migotyou

Forum Supporter
Sounds like you already discovered the winning approach for your body. Just cycle the low-fat days to moderate fat and keep at it. The cycle could be 5 low fat then 2 moderate fat or whatever minimizes the stress reaction you noticed.
Sounds wild but I’ll cycle the low and moderate fat days 😂

Elie

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
what was your macro ratio while losing fat? caloric deficit?

Peatful

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals