Eugenol: Helps Reduce Loss Of Dopamine / Protects From Aluminum / Neuro-protective & Anti-stress

Inaut

I tried 1 drop of clove oil with some coconut oil today and I definently felt a reduction in brain fog and some dopaminergic stimulation .
Its not a perfect experiment as I also took a microdose of LSD but I've done that like a dozen times so I know how it feels.
I took the microdose a few hours before the clove oil and while it did give me some motivation and stimulation and didn't get rid of my brain fog.
I'd say those two are probably synergistic as they re both dopaminergic.
My face also looks less puffy and my hair is a little softer.
I also notice mental clarity with clove oil.

Mauritio

Mauritio

Brain fog seems to be dopamine and serotonin related . So it's other clove oils antibacterial effect or it's pro dopamine effect.
Many patients with cancer complain of brain fog, forgetfullness, confusion, and irritability. The condition has been called "chemobrain" as it often starts shortly after initiating chemotherapy sessions and thus fat medicine is baffled as to what causes it. Judging by the signs, I have always thought that the condition is probably related to serotonin/dopamine, and it looks like my guess may have been correct. This recent study found that dopamine release is dramatically lowered in chemotherapy patients, but unfortunately the authors do not go as far as recommending drugs for counteracting it. They also found that serotonin release is also impaired, but for some reason the focus of the study was still dopamine, presumably presumably because it plays such an important role in memory and cognition.

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acschemneuro.5b00029
ChemoBrain Linked to Decreased Dopamine Release - MedicalResearch.com

"...For this study, we wanted to understand how treatment with chemotherapeutic agents affects the ability of neurons to communicate. An impairment of neurotransmitter release would imply that communication is hindered. This inability to communicate normally could contribute to cognitive dysfunction.
We initially measured the release of dopamine in a region of the brain called the striatum. Our measurement of dopamine in this region was motivated by two key issues: its importance in cognitive function and our ability to measure it with high temporal resolution. From a cognitive standpoint, dopamine is important because the striatum helps translate signals, received from the cortex, into plans by forwarding wanted signals to other parts of the brain and suppressing unwanted signals. Fortunately, we can easily measure dopamine release using an electrochemical technique called fast-scan cyclic voltammetry. This method allows us to not only measure how much dopamine is released from a living brain slice, but also it affords us the capability to measure how quickly dopamine is taken back up. We also measured serotonin release using this method. Our main finding was that the ability of neurons to release dopamine was impaired after carboplatin treatment. We also found that serotonin release was similarly impaired. These release impairments corresponded to a decrease in cognitive ability of the treated rats."

As many forum users know, Peat has spoken against the use of probiotics and in some of his articles has even linked lactic acid producing bacteria to auto-immune conditions like such as Lupus, RA, and even MS. While recently he has been recommending a bacteriophage product from LEF, he is still quite cautious about probiotics and seems to still think they may be dangerous as the form of lactic acid they produce is much more toxic than the one our cells produce when under stress.
Mitochondria and mortality
"...Preventively, avoiding foods containing lactic acid, such as yogurt and sauerkraut, would be helpful, since bacterial lactic acid is much more toxic than the type that we form under stress. Avoiding the stress-promoting antithyroid unsaturated oils is extremely important."
Lactate vs. CO2 in wounds, sickness, and aging; the other approach to cancer
"...Hartmann and Senn used racemic lactate, that is, a mixture of D-lactate and L-lactate. Our own tissues produce mostly L-lactate, but they can produce small amounts of D-lactate; larger amounts are produced by diabetics. Intestinal bacteria can produce large amounts of it, and it has many toxic effects. Methylglyoxal can be formed from either form of lactate, and it is an important factor in the glycation of proteins. It can also be formed from MDA, a product of lipid peroxidation."

At the same time, consuming probiotics and fermented foods continues to be a cornerstone of mainstream nutritional advice, and even official public health policy. Well, the study below may finally reverse the course with its findings that not only are probiotics not beneficial but they may lead to SIBO and many symptoms commonly reported on the forum - i.e. brain fog, fatigue, indigestion, bloating, etc. Those symptoms seem to stem mainly from the ingested bacteria colonizing the intestine and producing D-lactic acid from sugar in the food ingested by a given person. If a person's liver is sluggish or damaged, this lactic acid will likely accumulate and lead to chronic fatigue, brain fog, etc that often leave doctors completely confused and unable to offer any relief. As the study also found, probioticcs can be especially dangerous for people with slow motility, since in such cases the probiotics will end up colonizing the small intestine (SIBO) and not the colon (as intended). While the study lists drugs like opioids, PPI and SSRI as main causes of slower motility, the fact is that motility slows down for virtually everybody with increasing age as a result of slower metabolism. As such, probiotics could be harmful for the majority of people over 35 or anybody else suffering from low metabolism.
The good news is that, just as Peat has been suggesting, a course of antibiotics quickly relieved the symptoms of those people with SIBO and overproducing D-lactate.

Brain fogginess, gas and bloating: a link between SIBO, probiotics and metabolic acidosis
Probiotics shouldn't be treated as a food supplement, according to a new study
Probiotic use is a link between brain fogginess, severe bloating

"...Probiotic use can result in a significant accumulation of bacteria in the small intestine that can result in disorienting brain fogginess as well as rapid, significant belly bloating, investigators report. In a published study of 38 patients, the 30 who reported problems like confusion and difficulty concentrating, in addition to their gas and bloating, were all taking probiotics, some several varieties. When investigators looked further, they found large colonies of bacteria breeding in the patients’ small intestines, and high levels of D-lactic acid being produced by the bacteria lactobacillus’ fermentation of sugars in their food, says Dr. Satish S.C. Rao, director of neurogastroenterology/motility and the Digestive Health Clinical Research Center at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University. D-lactic acid is known to be temporarily toxic to brain cells, interfering with cognition, thinking and sense of time. They found some patients had two to three times the normal amount of D-lactic acid in their blood. Some said their brain fogginess – which lasted from a half hour to many hours after eating – was so severe that they had to quit their jobs."

"...“What we now know is that probiotic bacteria have the unique capacity to break down sugar and produce D-lactic acid. So if you inadvertently colonize your small bowel with probiotic bacteria, then you have set the stage for potentially developing lactic acidosis and brain fogginess,” Rao says. While probiotics can be beneficial in some scenarios, like helping a patient restore his gut bacteria after taking antibiotics, the investigators advised caution against its excessive and indiscriminate use. “Probiotics should be treated as a drug, not as a food supplement,” Rao says, noting that many individuals self-prescribe the live bacteria, which are considered good for digestion and overall health."

"...When brain-foggy patients stopped taking probiotics and took a course of antibiotics, their brain fogginess resolved. Movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract was slow in one third of the brain foggy patients and one fourth of the other group. Slower passage, as well as things like obesity surgery, can increase the chance of bacterial buildup, or SIBO."

"...Probiotic use may be particularly problematic for patients who have known problems with motility, as well as those taking opioids and proton pump inhibitors, which reduce stomach acid secretion and so the natural destruction of excessive bacteria."

"...Probiotics are supposed to work in the colon and not the small intestines or stomach, Rao says, so motility issues can result in problems with probiotic bacteria reaching the proper place. A wide variety of problems, from conditions like diabetes to drugs like antidepressants and minerals like iron, can slow movement and increase the possibility that probiotics will remain too long in the upper gut where they can cause harm, he says."

Makrosky

put 7 8 piece of clove in 1 liter water, wait for min 12 hour, drink everyday, after a meanwhile you will see your hair darker.
another tip, if you feel very tired in the day, put 3 4 clove in your tea, it will go away your tiredness, but you shouldn't try on energetic time, it hardly reduce your cortisol and you feel tired(opposite)

Ok, so of course I couldn't wait to finish my black cumin seed experiment or wait for Amazon to bring the oil so I went to the supermarket and buy some clove buds. Plain, cheap, simple. On my way home I took 5-6 cloves and started to chew on them. Jeez. VERY STRONG stuff. Very unpleasant experience. It understand why they use it for anaesthesizing the mouth also, it indeed does.

When I came home I sat on the sofa for some minutes while checking some Vitamin D threads and... felt asleep like a baby. Woke up 1 or 2 hours later feeling super calmed. Not tired! It is the same feeling as when you take some prometabolic substances that make you sleepy because your body needs it or you have been running on stress hormones too much. So for me definitely it is not tiredness but rather drastic reduction of stress levels.

Will be repeating these experiments and keep you posted.

It is incredible how things we always had at easy, safe, cheap access in front of us and we never paid attention to them. Powerful substances. Black cumin seed, raw garlic, vineagar, beef liver, this cloves... they should belong on the pharmacy, not on the supermarket.

@ilhanxx you put 7-8 pieces in 1 liter of water and you don't boil it? Like it is cold-water soluble. So you drink 1liter of this water per day?

@Mauritio

Edit: Mauritio, I have also noticed a small reduction of brain fog that is plaguing me these days. I just saw your haidut quotes.

Edit2: I realize it now, strongly diminished tobacco cravings also.

Interesting stuff....

Last edited:

Makrosky

I remember now I had a Pakistan friend who often used to put a few cloves on the pot while boiling white rice. Besides the aromatic aspect, could there be a materialistic reason as simple as eugenol will leach into the rice grains and prevent intestinal bacteria to overfeed on them?

Michael Mohn

Parsley contains eugenol, also lots of vitamin K, magnesium, etc. When you eat raw parsley you feel the eugenol burning. Boiling it in sodium bicarbonate and some fat increases absorption.

Makrosky

Parsley contains eugenol, also lots of vitamin K, magnesium, etc. When you eat raw parsley you feel the eugenol burning. Boiling it in sodium bicarbonate and some fat increases absorption.
I think Parsley movilizes heavy metals in the body so it might be dangerous if you don't chelate those. So some caution with the dose should be good.

I think Andy Cutler talks about it in his books.

TheFatKid

I tried 1 drop of clove oil with some coconut oil today and I definently felt a reduction in brain fog and some dopaminergic stimulation .
Its not a perfect experiment, as I also took a microdose of LSD but I've done that like a dozen of times so I know how it feels.
I took the microdose a few hours before the clove oil and while it did give me some motivation and Stimulation, it didn't get rid of my brain fog.
I'd say those two are probably synergistic as they re both dopaminergic.
My face also looks less puffy and my hair is a little softer.

not a perfect experiment XD this made me laugh so hard

Mauritio

PeskyPeater

Thanks for reminding me that I have to buy curry-ketchup again, its spiced with cloves. Hope I can find one without gums btw.

I'm imagining a meal with steamed potatos in soysauce, nutmeg and thyme. Beef burgers with curry-ketchup and sipping some tulsi tea or licorice with star anise and afterward popping a capsule of licorice with cinnamon, supersweet

OP
Grapelander

Grapelander

I am using clove oil daily with baking soda to brush my teeth. 3 to 4 drops.
I used clove oil last week on sore gums - total anesthesia and better in 2 days.
I had similar experience with benzocaine (Orajel) - anesthesia leads to healing.

Neural Therapy was originally developed in Germany by the Huneke brothers. It involves the injection of Procaine (also known as Novocain), a common local anesthetic, into various but very specific areas. Neural Therapy is based on the theory that trauma can produce long-standing disturbances in the electrochemical function of tissues. Among the types of tissues affected by trauma include scars, nerves or a cluster of nerves called ganglions. A correctly administered Neural Therapy injection can often instantly and lastingly resolve chronic long standing illness and chronic pain.

Neural Therapy “closes the injury folder” that holds the physical, emotional, and psychological content. This gives the body a chance to resume its normal functions without distraction—presenting an opportunity for incredible healing.

Last edited:

sunny

Uncle Harrys tooth powder has essential oils of clove, peppermint, eucalyptus, wintergreen, and oregano.

J.R.K

I am using clove oil daily with baking soda to brush my teeth. 3 to 4 drops.
I used clove oil last week on sore gums - total anesthesia and better in 2 days.
I had similar experience with benzocaine (Orajel) - anesthesia leads to healing.

Neural Therapy was originally developed in Germany by the Huneke brothers. It involves the injection of Procaine (also known as Novocain), a common local anesthetic, into various but very specific areas. Neural Therapy is based on the theory that trauma can produce long-standing disturbances in the electrochemical function of tissues. Among the types of tissues affected by trauma include scars, nerves or a cluster of nerves called ganglions. A correctly administered Neural Therapy injection can often instantly and lastingly resolve chronic long standing illness and chronic pain.

Neural Therapy “closes the injury folder” that holds the physical, emotional, and psychological content. This gives the body a chance to resume its normal functions without distraction—presenting an opportunity for incredible healing.
Good morning @Grapelander! I would be curious as to where you source a clean Peat friendly clove oil?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals