Eugenol: Helps Reduce Loss Of Dopamine / Protects From Aluminum / Neuro-protective & Anti-stress

J.R.K

Also wondering the same. Georgi mentioned something about this during DR podcast the other day.
I believe he is going to include eugenol in a new product he is creating involving duogenol (don’t quote me on that for accuracy). But it is something the Russians discovered to oppose estrogen and increase the androgens. It sounds interesting and it has a track record since they used it on athletes.

Mauritio

I have used in the past adding it to the carrot salad. Basically some cloves finely grinded in the electric grinder, spiked over the carrot. It made it more powerful for sure. But didn't use it for too long because of the inconvenience of having to grind it, the taste, etc... Will have to give it a new try.
You could just use clove oil. I bought 50ml of it.

It's supposedly 90% eugenol. The only thing I'm not sure of is the dosage. But I recall somebody on the forum saying he used 1 drop .

Anybody else used clove oil ?

Makrosky

It's supposedly 90% eugenol. The only thing I'm not sure of is the dosage. But I recall somebody on the forum saying he used 1 drop .

Please keep us posted if you feel any effects from the oil. Much more convenient indeed.

shine

Not yet, but seems to be good for testicles in low doses while higher doses are toxic. Effective and non-toxic HED in those studies is 50 - 100 mg of eugenol.
I weighed a single drop of clove essential oil and it was 51 mg. Considering that it has around 90% of eugenol I think it would be safe to take 1-2 drops daily, dissolved in MCT oil.

Last edited:

Mauritio

Not yet, but seems to be good for testicles in low doses while higher doses are toxic. Effective and non-toxic HED in those studies is 50 - 100 mg of eugenol.
I weighed a single drop of clove essential oil and it was 51 mg. Considering that it has around 90% of eugenol I think it would be safe to take 1-2 drops daily, dissolved in MCT oil.

Thanks for doing the math :)
I think I'll first put it in my toothpaste (CO, thyme oil, baking soda ) and then try ingesting some

Dave Clark

My uncle bought an antique spice cabinet back in the 50s, one of the drawers stored cloves, but he used the drawers to store nuts and bolts, etc.. That cabinet still smelled strong in cloves up into the 90s. It amazed me how the volatile oils could hang around that long. That must say something to the antioxidant and longevity effects of compounds like eugenol.

Mauritio

My uncle bought an antique spice cabinet back in the 50s, one of the drawers stored cloves, but he used the drawers to store nuts and bolts, etc.. That cabinet still smelled strong in cloves up into the 90s. It amazed me how the volatile oils could hang around that long. That must say something to the antioxidant and longevity effects of compounds like eugenol.
Interesting !

Mauritio

For the last two days I added clove oil to my tooth paste and I have to say my teeth do feel cleaner and better . It reminds me of something from the dentist . I haven't been in 2 years ,but I think its when he does some kind of cleaning and it leaves your teeth with a layer of protection. That's how it feels with the clove oil.
I wasn't sure if my usual tooth paste (coconut oil , thyme oil , baking soda ) was enough to really clean my teeth properly , but the clove oil definitely makes them feel cleaner .
I also added a bit MCT OIL to keep the whole thing more fluid / paste like .

I also tried 3 drops topically and I did feel a small metabolic push . So I guess it does absorb. Which is not surprising as most things absorb topically .
I applied it on my arm and leg and elbow pit, where I felt a burning sensation ,afterwords the skin got red . I applied it there on purpose because this is a sensitive spot, and you can easily see how you react to it .

Mossy

For the last two days I added clove oil to my tooth paste and I have to say my teeth do feel cleaner and better . It reminds me of something from the dentist . I haven't been in 2 years ,but I think its when he does some kind of cleaning and it leaves your teeth with a layer of protection. That's how it feels with the clove oil.
I wasn't sure if my usual tooth paste (coconut oil , thyme oil , baking soda ) was enough to really clean my teeth properly , but the clove oil definitely makes them feel cleaner .

I also tried 3 drops topically and I did feel a small metabolic push . So I guess it does absorb. Which is not surprising as most things absorb topically .
I applied it on my arm and leg and elbow pit, where I felt a burning sensation ,afterwords the skin got red . I applied it there on purpose because this is a sensitive spot, and you can easily see how you react to it .
Would you mind sharing the brand of clove oil you use? Thanks in advance.

SOMO

I would suggest swallowing cloves whole or crushing them a bit.

Eugenol has a very strong taste. Also I imagine the cloves/whole food would have an "all day" effect due to the slow absorption of the clove vs. taking the oil which might be absorbed rapidly.

SOMO

Eugenol is used IN the filling material at the dentist and in many of the disinfectants they use before a filling is placed,

Mauritio

Mauritio

"In fact, clove oil is used to treat
many diseases including acne, asthma, rheumatoid,arthritis, scarring, warts, and various allergies; it is also used as analgesic, antispasmodic, and general antiseptic in medical dental practice."

"Eugenol is an important component of the EOs of clove buds and leaves (Syzygium aromaticum (L.) Merr. et L.M.Perry) (45–90%) and cinnamon leaves (Cinnamomum
zeylanicum, C. cassia, and C. verum J. Presl) (70–95%) (Lee & Shibamoto, 2001; Mittal et al., 2014; Rao & Gan,2014; Zaidi et al., 2015)."

"Due to the limited solubility and volatility of eugenol, itwas found to have better efficacy when administeredorally (Michiels et al., 2008). Eugenol has been also rapidly absorbed and metabolized in the liver when ingested, while 95% of the dose is excreted within 24 h. Many EOs are absorbed quickly by the stomach and
proximal small intestine following oral, pulmonary, and dermal intake (Majeed et al., 2016; Michiels et al., 2008).
Hence, encapsulation of eugenol is preferred, to prevent early absorption and to improve its water solubility and efficiency (Arana-Sanchez et al., 2010; Hill et al.,2013; Shah et al., 2013; Watkins et al., 2015)."

Screenshot_20210620-153230_Drive.jpg

(https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1040841X.2017.1295225?scroll=top&needAccess=true)

Makrosky

I would suggest swallowing cloves whole or crushing them a bit.

Eugenol has a very strong taste. Also I imagine the cloves/whole food would have an "all day" effect due to the slow absorption of the clove vs. taking the oil which might be absorbed rapidly.
I agree with you. It is more inconvenient but it probably has many other modulating/beneficinal compounds besides eugenol.

An example of this would be pure CBD vs CBD extract that contains other cannabinoids.

Makrosky

Very important information, thanks! Do we know how much average eugenol is on each clove bud? Not the oil.

Mauritio

"Short-term toxicity tests of intraperitoneally administered eugenol on mice showed a maximum tolerated dose of 62.5 mg/kg for, and its use against systemic mycoses has been excluded for this reason. "
HED = 400-500mg

"Eugenol also possesses the most outstanding anti-caries potential of any compound isolated fromEOs (Freires et al., 2015)."

"Results of this second investigation
showed that carvacrol and eugenol were fungicidal against exponentially growing cells of C. albicans.Eugenol was also proposed as an alternative for the treatment of Candida spp. infections in denture-wearingbpatients, and its in vitro activity was investigated(Marcos-Arias et al., 2011). In 2011, Marcos-Arias and
coworkers evaluated the antifungal activity of eugenol against 38 Candida isolates from denturewearers, finding MIC ranges of 0.03–0.25% (v/v) demonstrating that eugenol could potentially be a remedy for denture stomatitis and oral candidiasis. "

"Eugenol EO exhibited the best anti-
microbial activity against C. albicans (MIC and MFC:0.1 ll/ml) followed by S. aureus (MIC and MBC: 0.4 ll/ml), and E. coli and E. faecalis (MIC and MBC:1 ll/ml for both)."

"Eugenol and thymol are
believed to work synergistically, with thymol disrupting and disintegrating the outer membrane of gram-negative species and allowing eugenol to access the cyto-
plasm and destroy enzymes. The interaction of eugenol and thymol has been studied by several authors against both gram-negative and gram-positive pathogens."
--> my toothpaste for the win :)

"In studying combinations of eugenol and antibiotics against gram-negative strains,
Hemaiswarya & Doble (2009), demonstrated that some conventional antibiotics (ampicillin, penicillin, oxacillin, erythromycin, norfloxacin, chloramphenicol, polymyxin
B, tetracycline, vancomycin, rifampin) can be active atconcentrations 5–1000 times lower in combination with eugenol than when used alone, indicating that these combinations are synergistic in nature. Indeed, eugenol
interacts with the bacterial cytoplasmic membrane and is thus able to enhance the antibiotic activity of ampicillin, penicillin, oxacillin, erythromycin, norfloxacin, tetra-
cycline, chloramphenicol, polymyxin B, rifampicin, and vancomycin among others."
(https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1040841X.2017.1295225?scroll=top&needAccess=true)

So taking a drop or two of clove oil with common peat approved anti-biotics might make them A LOT more powerfull . Plus it lowers the chances of a fungal infection taking over ,that is always there with antibiotics.

Mauritio

I agree with you. It is more inconvenient but it probably has many other modulating/beneficinal compounds besides eugenol.

An example of this would be pure CBD vs CBD extract that contains other cannabinoids.
True !
"The main polyphenol constituents isolated
from clove are hydroxyphenyl propenes, phenolic acids,and flavonols. Of these, the major bioactive component is eugenol, which constitutes between 9381.70 and 14650.00 mg per 100 g of fresh plant material (Pathak et al., 2004; Shan et al., 2005). The other main constituents are: acetyl eugenol (2075.10 mg/100 g FW) (Shan et al., 2005), gallic acid (ranging from 298.99 to
783.50 mg/100 g FW) (Pathak et al., 2004; Shan et al., 2005; Variyar, 1998), and flavonols such as quercetin (28.40 mg/100 g FW) and kaempferol (23.80 mg/100 g FW) (Shan et al., 2005). Other compounds (p-coumaricacid, protocateucuic acid, and syringic acid) are found
in concentrations below 10 mg/100 g FW (Shan et al.,2005; Variyar, 1998)."
Thanks! Does it say how much eugenol per drop? I can't see it on the amazon pics.
Unfortunately not ,but I I was surprised to find out that eugenol content apparently varies between 45-90% , so it might be important to know .

Mauritio

I tried 1 drop of clove oil with some coconut oil today and I definently felt a reduction in brain fog and some dopaminergic stimulation .
Its not a perfect experiment, as I also took a microdose of LSD but I've done that like a dozen of times so I know how it feels.
I took the microdose a few hours before the clove oil and while it did give me some motivation and Stimulation, it didn't get rid of my brain fog.
I'd say those two are probably synergistic as they re both dopaminergic.
My face also looks less puffy and my hair is a little softer.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals