Enclomiphene vs HCG: which is better for testosterone

Hans

Forum Supporter
Since HCG is much harder to obtain, people are looking for alternatives. Enclomiphene looks like a great alternative, but it's unlikely to work in conjunction with TRT. At the end of the day, low-dose HCG still seems like the best thing to use along with TRT to preserve upstream hormones and fertility.

Mister

@Hans after a solo HCG cycle of 3-6 months, is it necessary to take a SERM as a pct? If yes, what do you recommend? Enclomiphene?

mgrabs

Since HCG is much harder to obtain, people are looking for alternatives. Enclomiphene looks like a great alternative, but it's unlikely to work in conjunction with TRT. At the end of the day, low-dose HCG still seems like the best thing to use along with TRT to preserve upstream hormones and fertility.
How long would one have to take enclomiphene for after a year of HCG monotherapy?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans after a solo HCG cycle of 3-6 months, is it necessary to take a SERM as a pct? If yes, what do you recommend? Enclomiphene?
I don't think it's necessary to PCT. The half life is about 9-31 hours, so by that time, your LH will pick back up again. HCG can take 10 days to be entirely out of your system, but by then your LH will be back to baseline. If you have estrogen dominance from the HCG, then adding enclomiphene might bring LH up faster.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
How long would one have to take enclomiphene for after a year of HCG monotherapy?
I don't think taking enclomiphene as a PCT for HCG is necessary. See the comment above.

dukesbobby777

I've been taking enclomiphene for the past two weeks. 25mg each day. I've noticed very little so far, but there's definitely an increase in my lifting ability in the gym. All of my weights and reputitons have increased. That's literally the only thing I've noticed. No side effects at all for me. I was kind of hoping I may have noticed increased mental energy, vibe and confidence, but no effects there at all.

Will I run another bottle? I'm not sure yet. It was £30, so I might do.

I can compare it to clomid because I trialled that a few years back. Clomid gave me a hyper-stimulated mental state which felt very estrogenic to me. Inability to get restful sleep. Feeling wired. Emotionally more unstable.

mgrabs

I've been taking enclomiphene for the past two weeks. 25mg each day. I've noticed very little so far, but there's definitely an increase in my lifting ability in the gym. All of my weights and reputitons have increased. That's literally the only thing I've noticed. No side effects at all for me. I was kind of hoping I may have noticed increased mental energy, vibe and confidence, but no effects there at all.

Will I run another bottle? I'm not sure yet. It was £30, so I might do.

I can compare it to clomid because I trialled that a few years back. Clomid gave me a hyper-stimulated mental state which felt very estrogenic to me. Inability to get restful sleep. Feeling wired. Emotionally more unstable.
I had great results with clomiphene for 3 years straight. Test went from 500 to 980. No side effcts either

mgrabs

I don't think it's necessary to PCT. The half life is about 9-31 hours, so by that time, your LH will pick back up again. HCG can take 10 days to be entirely out of your system, but by then your LH will be back to baseline. If you have estrogen dominance from the HCG, then adding enclomiphene might bring LH up faster.
Gotcha. Ive been taking HCG for about 2 months & truthfully want to come off. But my
Lh and fsh are suppressed. Will this be a nasty transition period? I am on thyroid dhea & preg. I just feel like anything that involves raising test will increase hairloss or receding.

Also see old post screenshot which scares me to stop HCG supplementation. I would hate for my lh and fsh to never get back to baseline

Attachments

• 9CD24A11-B350-4D7D-8697-3544AAE0D272.jpeg
    9CD24A11-B350-4D7D-8697-3544AAE0D272.jpeg
    379.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Nfinkelstein

In the article you mentioned that "Clomid and enclomiphene are roughly equally effective at increasing testosterone, but I still prefer enclomiphene, since it doesn’t have the estrogenic component."

Have you taken either?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
In the article you mentioned that "Clomid and enclomiphene are roughly equally effective at increasing testosterone, but I still prefer enclomiphene, since it doesn’t have the estrogenic component."

Have you taken either?
I have not, I should change how I phrased that.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Gotcha. Ive been taking HCG for about 2 months & truthfully want to come off. But my
Lh and fsh are suppressed. Will this be a nasty transition period? I am on thyroid dhea & preg. I just feel like anything that involves raising test will increase hairloss or receding.

Also see old post screenshot which scares me to stop HCG supplementation. I would hate for my lh and fsh to never get back to baseline
If LH was low-ish, and then got suppressed by HCG, after you come off, LH will go back to low-ish. It depends on where your LH was before.

mgrabs

If LH was low-ish, and then got suppressed by HCG, after you come off, LH will go back to low-ish. It depends on where your LH was before.
Thanks for your insight. My Lh was around 4.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals