Eating Eggs Always Makes Me Tired

mgrabs

i have finally realized the culprit to random fatigue after lunch. It seems to be anytime i have eggs i need to take a nap after. along with brain fog for the rest of the day.

I only eat organic pasture raised eggs.. i figured that was the best. but it doesnt seem like that works.

is it bad to just cut out eggs for good?

is it something else that is fatiguing me?

S.Holmes

I believe Dr Peat said to always have carbs (OJ, sweet coffee) with your eggs. They don't give me trouble if I have them with sugar.

OP
M

mgrabs

Possibly biotin lowering B5. Try some B5.
Im wondering if its an allergy. I tested 3 years ago showing im sensitive to egg whites. It’s bizarre that such a healthy food can’t be eaten?

S.Holmes

Im wondering if its an allergy. I tested 3 years ago showing im sensitive to egg whites. It’s bizarre that such a healthy food can’t be eaten?
TBH, I think everyone is allergic to commercial eggs from the grocery store. In order of worst to best, next would be health food store, then farmers' market, then (trusted) neighbor, and best is raising your own (of course). My daughter said her 2 year old won't eat any eggs except what I provide to them, soy free and free range.

i have finally realized the culprit to random fatigue after lunch. It seems to be anytime i have eggs i need to take a nap after. along with brain fog for the rest of the day.

I only eat organic pasture raised eggs.. i figured that was the best. but it doesnt seem like that works.

1707349195015.png

OP
M

mgrabs

TBH, I think everyone is allergic to commercial eggs from the grocery store. In order of worst to best, next would be health food store, then farmers' market, then (trusted) neighbor, and best is raising your own (of course). My daughter said her 2 year old won't eat any eggs except what I provide to them, soy free and free range.
C
Wow. Makes sense. Literally fatigue tiredness for 5+ hours

Wow. Makes sense. Literally fatigue tiredness for 5+ hours
That same thing was happening to me too. I would be just fine and then have a couple of eggs scrambled and I would be so so sleepy afterwards. Now I just eat one egg at a time, just the yolk, a couple of them a day, and then if I have the whole egg I have it much later in the in the afternoon and I am full of energy. I always have eggs now with a sugar source as well.

DaveFoster

Leucine and isoleucine, two amino acids found in egg protein, can increase the glucose uptake by skeletal muscle, which could play a role, particularly if in a fasted state.

Nick

Vitamin A toxicity.

When I was most vitamin A toxic, if I ate eggs for dinner I felt very bad and anxious for hours afterward. Eggs for breakfast were everyday for me so there's no control to compare them to, but they were probably responsible for my after breakfast energy slumps. Different symptoms but the toxicity manifests differently depending on your other toxicities.

After I had been slowly tapering down my vitamin A intake for even a week or two, the bad effects from an egg or 2 for breakfast had already gone away. But that may not be everyone's experience.

Pasture raised eggs are the highest in carotenoids, so the most vitamin A toxic. I think they often feed the chickens carotenoid supplements or things like marigold that probably make the eggs more toxic. The chickens are also eating more greens, which would probably be fine except for their grain feed mix basically always has a massive dose of retinol supplement. It's a shame since factory farmed eggs are horrifically unethical.

Vitamin A toxicity.

When I was most vitamin A toxic, if I ate eggs for dinner I felt very bad and anxious for hours afterward. Eggs for breakfast were everyday for me so there's no control to compare them to, but they were probably responsible for my after breakfast energy slumps. Different symptoms but the toxicity manifests differently depending on your other toxicities.

After I had been slowly tapering down my vitamin A intake for even a week or two, the bad effects from an egg or 2 for breakfast had already gone away. But that may not be everyone's experience.

Pasture raised eggs are the highest in carotenoids, so the most vitamin A toxic. I think they often feed the chickens carotenoid supplements or things like marigold that probably make the eggs more toxic. The chickens are also eating more greens, which would probably be fine except for their grain feed mix basically always has a massive dose of retinol supplement. It's a shame since factory farmed eggs are horrifically unethical.
Buying my eggs corn and soy free made a difference also. I eat one to three yoke a day and feel amazing! I guess I am not vitamin A overloaded. I don’t eat a lot of meat, avoiding tryptophan, which is why I don’t eat the whites of the egg most of the time.

My theory is choline/acetylcholine and its effect on neurotransmitters.

There is definitely something about the eggs which makes me feel extremely tired. I call it "Neurological fatigue". It's definitely fatigue that affects all my muscular capabilities and also my neurological ones (blinking, swallowing, smiling, thinking, seeing, lifting arms above the head, etc.)

I could also feel that fatigue deep down in my spinal cord.

Which is why I think it's related specifically to acetylcholine.
Possibly biotin lowering B5. Try some B5.
Interesting theory but mushrooms or avocados don't give me this problem. But definitely easy to explore and test. Thanks for suggesting.
Leucine and isoleucine, two amino acids found in egg protein, can increase the glucose uptake by skeletal muscle, which could play a role, particularly if in a fasted state.
I'm pretty, pretty sure that's a negative since I have (and I assume @mgrabs also) 0 problems with chicken breast or any other animal protein high in those amino acids.
Vitamin A toxicity.

When I was most vitamin A toxic, if I ate eggs for dinner I felt very bad and anxious for hours afterward.
I think it's a little bit overblown but it may be worth exploring. But I will stick to my acetylcholine theory.

The tryptophan theory also doesn't make sense for several reasons:
1. Other high tryptophan foods don't cause me problems.
2. Egg yolk specifically causes these problems for me. And egg yolk contains no tryptophan.
----------------------------------------------------------
To paint the picture of how specific this issue is, I want to say that I get extreme fatigue and anxiety even when putting egg yolk in my hair - topically.

I read a few studies where they put lard on their hair for hair regrowth and read Chris Masterjohn's twit about that being some problem with biotin enzymes and how they get upregulated when you put biotin on your hair which leads to hair growth so I decided to mix lard with egg yolk since egg yolks are high in biotin.

I couldn't sleep that night, my thoughts were racing I was spaced out and I was also feeling some sense of doom.

I stopped using egg yolk, sticking only to lard for almost a month now, and I have 0 issues.

It also seems that when I cook the eggs more I could get fewer issues. Or if I limit the eggs to 1 or two small ones - I barely notice much. But knowing what I know now I am limiting them almost entirely because it's obvious that they are a stress to the system even if in some cases I don't notice it fully.

This is the area that I would like to research a bit more in the future and try to understand the mechanism but I really believe it could be acetylcholine just because of the neurological/psychological effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals