Doxycycline , intestinal health, hypertension

EvanHinkle

Hey thanks, yes, it's always a mystery for a while.

Before veganism, when I was still breastfeeding my 4th daughter, I was eating any and all foods without complaint, tons of energy, drinking dark beer nightly, sleeping great ...😑... Everything seemed to go south when I quit breastfeeding...

I used to enjoy watching Columbo when I was a kid with my parents...
Had a history of vegan and vegetarianism myself, and pretty sure it exacerbated my already hypothyroid condition, (in hindsight, I think a milk and fruit based vegetarianism is probably ok-maybe not optimal-but definitely not my soy burger, soy cheese, soy butter based approach… oh well…).

Vileplume

Not at all surprised about the charcoal helping the body aches. My wife had the exact same reaction to doxy when she first tried it. Body aches at first, then charcoal and relief, then fine to continue with the doxy.

I’m not sure exactly how it’s related, but when we used to do block fasting in our pre-Peat days, she’d have the exact same response. Intense body aches at the beginning of the fast. I assume it’s some sort of endotoxin reaction to the bacterial die-off, (hence why the charcoal works).
Hey Evan, I wanted to ask you a question about doxy, since you have extensive experience with it. After taking it for several months, do you think the long-term doxy usage caused you any side effects or intestinal problems? I just read on Reddit about a woman who took doxy for 5 years for rosacea, and she said she feels fine. Doxy helps with a lot of my issues, like poor libido and white tongue, but I've never taken it for longer than 5-6 days because I'm nervous that I may exacerbate my already terrible dysbiosis. Would love to hear your thoughts.

EvanHinkle

Hey Evan, I wanted to ask you a question about doxy, since you have extensive experience with it. After taking it for several months, do you think the long-term doxy usage caused you any side effects or intestinal problems? I just read on Reddit about a woman who took doxy for 5 years for rosacea, and she said she feels fine. Doxy helps with a lot of my issues, like poor libido and white tongue, but I've never taken it for longer than 5-6 days because I'm nervous that I may exacerbate my already terrible dysbiosis. Would love to hear your thoughts.
I’ve only had positive experiences with doxy personally. From what I’ve read and listened to Ray say through the years it seems like he thought a sterile gut was the way to go, and my own experience seems to be in line with that.

Recently I’ve noticed, in addition to the many other benefits doxy has given me, that I seem to have much more regular bowel movements. I don’t take doxy daily anymore, but it’s a tool that I reach for maybe a few times a month, and it continues to pay dividends.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals