Doxycycline , intestinal health, hypertension

EvanHinkle

Just wanted to update something I’ve discovered:

Aspirin! I’ve used it in the past for uncoupling, and to increase body temp/blood flow, but never in conjunction with doxy. Well, every few days/once a week I would get symptoms that I assumed were endotoxin related to die-off while taking doxy. I would just lower the dose or pulse at that time so the symptoms didn’t continue to what I assumed would be a dermatitis flare up, (because those suck, and can take a day of charcoal to clear up).

@bigc recently posted the road back protocol, which has resonated with me immensely, (don’t have RA that I’m aware of, but the rational behind the protocol really spoke to many of the issues I’ve encountered when using antibiotic substances). One of the points mentioned in the protocol is the use of aspirin as an anti-inflammatory as over a few days doxy can initiate an inflammatory response, (who knows if it’s the medicine, the die-off/endotoxin, but whatever). It suggests taking a few aspirins every few hours to regulate inflammation. I have a very specific and orderly set of symptoms when things go south; constipation, general inflammation, (gums, bloating) fatigue, skin eruptions. Always exactly in that order. I’ve refined my ability to catch the symptoms noticing that before I’m constipated I actually get what I call pencil poop. Where I have a normal quantity of mass, but it’s incredibly thin. This time, when I got pencil poop I took one aspirin-nothing, my next poop was a pencil poop still, so I waited a bit, and took two aspirin: and got a better poop!

The cascade of symptoms stopped, and I resumed pooping well. I’ve backed off the aspirin and am now just taking one or two as a preventative measure. If I notice pencil poop I will add some more aspirin.

This is incredible because I feel as though I really need to keep up with the doxy to have radiant health, (suspect a very long term undetected infection as the root of my health issues).

My skin and gums are outstanding! Easily the best they’ve been for over ten years!

I will say that if i don’t catch the inflammation early I’d bet I’d still need charcoal to mop up the endotoxin. Then probably some aspirin to mitigate inflammation, (though I believe aspirin blocks TLR4 too) and then resume doxy.

I’m so pumped. No more missing doxy doses, no more day of charcoal to “fix” the gut. Just a path to healing finally?

LadyRae

Just wanted to update something I’ve discovered:

Aspirin! I’ve used it in the past for uncoupling, and to increase body temp/blood flow, but never in conjunction with doxy. Well, every few days/once a week I would get symptoms that I assumed were endotoxin related to die-off while taking doxy. I would just lower the dose or pulse at that time so the symptoms didn’t continue to what I assumed would be a dermatitis flare up, (because those suck, and can take a day of charcoal to clear up).

@bigc recently posted the road back protocol, which has resonated with me immensely, (don’t have RA that I’m aware of, but the rational behind the protocol really spoke to many of the issues I’ve encountered when using antibiotic substances). One of the points mentioned in the protocol is the use of aspirin as an anti-inflammatory as over a few days doxy can initiate an inflammatory response, (who knows if it’s the medicine, the die-off/endotoxin, but whatever). It suggests taking a few aspirins every few hours to regulate inflammation. I have a very specific and orderly set of symptoms when things go south; constipation, general inflammation, (gums, bloating) fatigue, skin eruptions. Always exactly in that order. I’ve refined my ability to catch the symptoms noticing that before I’m constipated I actually get what I call pencil poop. Where I have a normal quantity of mass, but it’s incredibly thin. This time, when I got pencil poop I took one aspirin-nothing, my next poop was a pencil poop still, so I waited a bit, and took two aspirin: and got a better poop!

The cascade of symptoms stopped, and I resumed pooping well. I’ve backed off the aspirin and am now just taking one or two as a preventative measure. If I notice pencil poop I will add some more aspirin.

This is incredible because I feel as though I really need to keep up with the doxy to have radiant health, (suspect a very long term undetected infection as the root of my health issues).

My skin and gums are outstanding! Easily the best they’ve been for over ten years!

I will say that if i don’t catch the inflammation early I’d bet I’d still need charcoal to mop up the endotoxin. Then probably some aspirin to mitigate inflammation, (though I believe aspirin blocks TLR4 too) and then resume doxy.

I’m so pumped. No more missing doxy doses, no more day of charcoal to “fix” the gut. Just a path to healing finally?
This makes a lot of sense, thank you!

bigc

@EvanHinkle
What a coincidence that I actually started experimenting with aspirin again the same time you did. Since my last update I've changed to 200mg doxy MWF, experimenting with aspirin and niacinamide, finally, AC and cypro every other day or less frequent. My body has transformed into a furnace I almost can't get the fuel in fast enough. I get what I think is a herx reaction across all my joints when dosing 2g niacinamide, it feels bad but also very good. 0.5g aspirin just makes me feel good overall without any noticeable side effect so far. Digestion is better but still WIP. Hard to say what the specific effects of doxy are as I only did one week of doxy only.

I have a lot of thoughts to share but this post will just be a status update. The ideas are too scattered and piecemeal currently, I'm hoping to form some coherent picture in my head first but it is related to what you said about infection + inflammation.

LadyRae

@EvanHinkle
What a coincidence that I actually started experimenting with aspirin again the same time you did. Since my last update I've changed to 200mg doxy MWF, experimenting with aspirin and niacinamide, finally, AC and cypro every other day or less frequent. My body has transformed into a furnace I almost can't get the fuel in fast enough. I get what I think is a herx reaction across all my joints when dosing 2g niacinamide, it feels bad but also very good. 0.5g aspirin just makes me feel good overall without any noticeable side effect so far. Digestion is better but still WIP. Hard to say what the specific effects of doxy are as I only did one week of doxy only.

I have a lot of thoughts to share but this post will just be a status update. The ideas are too scattered and piecemeal currently, I'm hoping to form some coherent picture in my head first but it is related to what you said about infection + inflammation.
Thank you for this! Please post your thoughts and experiences. Don't worry, it doesn't need to be a perfect five paragraph essay. Conversational back and forth style within these threads is easy to read and so beneficial for many members.

EvanHinkle

@EvanHinkle

Great, cool to hear, and I’m interested in you continuing to update, (especially now that you’ve added aspirin to the mix). As soon as you feel ready please do share what you’re cooking up in your mind.

LadyRae

I am 2 weeks and 2 days into the doxycycline... For a while now I thought this was just in my head but it just seems to get more noticeable over the last couple weeks.

My cats want to sit on my lap more, like all the time! Previously before the doxycycline, they really preferred my kids... Over the past year or two I started to wonder what was wrong with me!

Could it be that the cats could sense that I had some sort of gut infection, even just something low grade?

I've also noted a complete absence of any body odor, no matter if I get sweaty or go for a walk or sit in the Sun or sweat in the tanning bed or anything. Pretty cool...

Vinny

My cats want to sit on my lap more, like all the time! Previously before the doxycycline, they really preferred my kids... Over the past year or two I started to wonder what was wrong with me!

Could it be that the cats could sense that I had some sort of gut infection, even just something low grade?
Intriguing!

peatmoss

@LadyRae update. So the dryness on my hands have progressively gotten worse to the point where they're starting to crack. My mouth soreness and dryness have stayed the same and yesterday I started getting suical thoughts. I decided to increase charcoal but it didn't do much. I had dropped my dose down from 100mg to 50mg a day. I was reading some people's accounts of taking doxycycline and it looks like not everyone does well on it. I may be one of those people, so I'm thinking I might throw in the towel.

I know it's not peaty but I have a probiotic coming in the mail today thatI've done well with in the past. Hopefully it'll help reverse some of this.

LadyRae

@LadyRae update. So the dryness on my hands have progressively gotten worse to the point where they're starting to crack. My mouth soreness and dryness have stayed the same and yesterday I started getting suical thoughts. I decided to increase charcoal but it didn't do much. I had dropped my dose down from 100mg to 50mg a day. I was reading some people's accounts of taking doxycycline and it looks like not everyone does well on it. I may be one of those people, so I'm thinking I might throw in the towel.

I know it's not peaty but I have a probiotic coming in the mail today thatI've done well with in the past. Hopefully it'll help reverse some of this.
Absolutely, I support your decision to stop. Nothing is worth an increase in suicidal thoughts! Hopefully some of these side effects can be ameliorated with the probiotic 💕🍀

LadyRae

Update: so it's been a month... I'm noticing that my GI transit time has slowed - constipation. It's harder to achieve my normal morning bowel movements. I'm not sure if it's the Doxy, anyone else notice this effect slowly come on ?

SS@runalien

FWIW might be good to supplement when taking doxy. At least be aware of what it depletes.

View: https://twitter.com/raymondnichols_/status/1627326276464771072

FpcBk83aIAUKiCa

But, at which dosages does it deplete? >25mg may not apply to this context of depletion.

L_C

Update: so it's been a month... I'm noticing that my GI transit time has slowed - constipation. It's harder to achieve my normal morning bowel movements. I'm not sure if it's the Doxy, anyone else notice this effect slowly come on ?
It's been two weeks for me. No constipation yet but I added certain probiotics (clausii, coagulans and subtilis).And then zeolite and chlorophyll as you suggested.

EvanHinkle

No constipation for me, but I’m also using aspirin and caffeine, along with once weekly Rapamycin.

Unfortunately I had a little issue with some mold exposure that required a hefty dose of charcoal which did ultimately back me up. Prior to that though, I’d been about six weeks in on doxy without issues. Hopefully in a few days the charcoal will have cleared out, and I’ll have a better sense of where I’m at.

LadyRae

@L_C @EvanHinkle

I figured out what happened, I had made some no-bake cookies with oats and oat bran in them a few days ago and didn't make the connection to constipation, and then 12 hours later I had taken a heaping table spoon of charcoal...🙄.

My sensitivity to various fibers is a ongoing issue that started five or six years ago when I was vegan for 2 years. It is a constant learning experience and completely separate from my doxycycline experience...

EvanHinkle

@L_C @EvanHinkle

I figured out what happened, I had made some no-bake cookies with oats and oat bran in them a few days ago and didn't make the connection to constipation, and then 12 hours later I had taken a heaping table spoon of charcoal...🙄.

My sensitivity to various fibers is a ongoing issue that started five or six years ago when I was vegan for 2 years. It is a constant learning experience and completely separate from my doxycycline experience...
Glad you figured that out! One of my least favorite experiences is when things “suddenly” go south for “no reason.” Of course there usually is a reason, but it can be a challenge to find it. I try to imagine I’m a detective like Columbo trying to fit it all together, (makes it more fun in my silly little world). Good detective work!

LadyRae

Glad you figured that out! One of my least favorite experiences is when things “suddenly” go south for “no reason.” Of course there usually is a reason, but it can be a challenge to find it. I try to imagine I’m a detective like Columbo trying to fit it all together, (makes it more fun in my silly little world). Good detective work!
Hey thanks, yes, it's always a mystery for a while.

Before veganism, when I was still breastfeeding my 4th daughter, I was eating any and all foods without complaint, tons of energy, drinking dark beer nightly, sleeping great ...😑... Everything seemed to go south when I quit breastfeeding...

I used to enjoy watching Columbo when I was a kid with my parents...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals