Dietary Stearic Acid Reduces Visceral Fat By 70% And Increases Lean Mass

Tarmander

@Tarmander what is your fat intake? Don't you get energy issues with very low fat while eating starch? When you say CO and stearic acid makes you insulin resistant, what is your definition (in terms of symptoms) for that?
As for "fuller penis" and deeper voice, so far my experience points to butter working well for that while CO does the opposite. More testing needed.

Definitely more testing needed. So with insulin resistance, I am going by how much fast acting insulin I take in a day. I do about the same amount of carbs per day, which includes 2 quarts of OJ and some coconut oil fried chips. Usually I am able to not take much insulin for these during the day and my blood sugar stays in range. When adding more saturated fat, everything slows down. The carbs or OJ I eat raise my blood sugar and it stays up. I have to take more insulin to drive it back into range. I also feel more sluggish and watery/puffy. My daily fat intake is not zero, probably around 30g-40g? I’d have to check chronometer when I get home later. I try to avoid most starch and stick with fruits, but some corn chips fried in coconut oil are really nice.

kreeese

Im doing this by accident Listening to every Ray peat Interview reading those OVER MY HEAD ARTICLES I went from a very low fat diet to one of beef chocolate lamb eggs cheese milk 4 tablespoons coconut oil a day and dropping so much fat quickly I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF STEARIC ACID... BUT IT DOES A BODY GOOD!! hahaa Honestly since the shift dropping extra 10 lbs quickly Im like 5 pounds to my goal weight physique but honestly what ignited the fire was when to all this sat fat I started adding lots of white sugar and honey!! perfect combo!!!
Chris Rocco

kreeese

my fat intake is always around 200 grams easily carbs almost all sugars no starches between 150 and 200 grams

kitback

So if I wanted to emphasize more stearic acid and less palmitic acid in my diet, what would the difference be? So far when I look up food sources for either fat, I come up with the same list of foods!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So I bought this stuff and gave it a try for about a week:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050LKJ6Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did 1 teaspoon with each meal, giving me around 7.5 grams a day, for 3-4 days. The last few days I did 2 teaspoons with each meal, or around 15g a day.

I noticed some masculinization at the 1 teaspoon per meal. My voice was deeper and my "junk" fuller. I get these same effects from Coconut oil.

I think coconut oil is a good comparison for this stuff actually.

All in all, it seems coconut oil gives you more "effects" then this stearic acid. I did not lose any weight. I did not feel as heavy as I do when taking tablespoons of coconut oil, so that is a perk. It seems like coconut oil can take 24 hours+ to really get through your system, where as this stuff was dealt with quicker.

Stearic also wreaked havoc with my blood sugars(just like high dose coconut oil), and caused insulin resistance. At first it was alright, but when I went up to 2 teaspoons with each meal, I was on a roller coaster. Stearic acid does the same annoying thing as coconut oil in that it makes me very hungry about an hour after ingestion. So I would take this with a meal, and then an hour later be ravenous and eat something else. I do not deny my body when it is hungry. This puts me in the awkward position of having rising blood sugar from a meal, and then also being hungry and eating food on top of that. I would then need to take lots more insulin, eventually crashing...hence rollercoaster.

All in all, not amazing or anything. Maybe if I used it for longer. I would say that doing a teaspoon or two a day is probably the sweet spot for me. When I got up to 6 teapsoons, the insulin resistance was too much. I also noticed I seemed less caring at that high dosage...kind of a low undercurrent of frustration. Coconut at higher doses does that to me as well. Hope this helps anyone. I will probably do a teaspoon a day of this stuff for the foreseeable future, a I have 3 lbs of it and there are some nice effects similar to coconut oil.

I use stearyl alcohol, which metabolizes into stearic acid after ingestion, and 1 tbsp (10g) sends my temps through the roof - an effect I simply NEVER got from coconut oil or MCT. Actually, I am sitting in front of the computer right now with a 99.7 temp, 102 pulse, and feeling slightly feverish about an hour after ingesting my daily 10g octadecanol. For the record, I do not use thyroid on a regular basis and have not used any in the last week.
So that's that. I am not losing any weight but heart rate and temps are unreal. I may have to lower my dose to maybe half of that as it makes me feel almost like I have the flu. This effect usually lasts about 2-3 hours and then dissipates.

Tarmander

I use stearyl alcohol, which metabolizes into stearic acid after ingestion, and 1 tbsp (10g) sends my temps through the roof - an effect I simply NEVER got from coconut oil or MCT. Actually, I am sitting in front of the computer right now with a 99.7 temp, 102 pulse, and feeling slightly feverish about an hour after ingesting my daily 10g octadecanol. For the record, I do not use thyroid on a regular basis and have not used any in the last week.
So that's that. I am not losing any weight but heart rate and temps are unreal. I may have to lower my dose to maybe half of that as it makes me feel almost like I have the flu. This effect usually lasts about 2-3 hours and then dissipates.
Wow, I definitely did not have that effect from the stearic acid I took. Did you get that as a raw material? Or can anyone grab some?

kreeese

whats the point then who cares about sweating and feeling hot for a few hours!!!! wtf dudeeee hahaa

tara

It says it's used to thicken, emulsify and stabilise food - did you put it to use in cooking, or just eat it straight?

You just added the stearic acid, right? You didn't replace other dietary fat with this fatty acid? Do you think your blood sugar response to the stearic acid could be just the direct effect of a long chain fat to reduce glucose oxidation via the Randle 'cycle'?
If so, it would be interesting to see if there was a different response by replacing some non-stearic portion of your fat consumption.

Tarmander

It says it's used to thicken, emulsify and stabilise food - did you put it to use in cooking, or just eat it straight?

You just added the stearic acid, right? You didn't replace other dietary fat with this fatty acid? Do you think your blood sugar response to the stearic acid could be just the direct effect of a long chain fat to reduce glucose oxidation via the Randle 'cycle'?
If so, it would be interesting to see if there was a different response by replacing some non-stearic portion of your fat consumption.
Yes I just added the stearic acid, and ate it straight with meals. Did not add it to dishes. Probably due to the Randle cycle like you said. The cells fill up with energy and you need more insulin to get more into them. Other saturated fats will do the same...and yes the longer chain they are the more insulin resistance...If I added PUFA it would be insulin sensitizing... :woot:

tara

Other saturated fats will do the same...and yes the longer chain they are the more insulin resistance...If I added PUFA it would be insulin sensitizing... :woot:
Really? Why would the PUFAs be insulin-sensitising?

I guess if you are deliberately eating fats to appetite, that conflicts with an experiment of replacing other fats with stearic acid.
Wonder what about it makes you hungrier.

Tarmander

Really? Why would the PUFAs be insulin-sensitising?

I guess if you are deliberately eating fats to appetite, that conflicts with an experiment of replacing other fats with stearic acid.
Wonder what about it makes you hungrier.
Yeah not sure why it makes me hungrier...very strange.

PUFA is sensitizing in the short term. I remember reading about it on hyperlipid. The reasons were complex, but I came away from it with the kind of hazy understanding that inflammation and stress create energy deficits that will increase insulin sensitivity. Someone can jump in with a more detailed explanation, but I have seen the effect first hand with other diabetics who intake a lot of pufa...they are gaining weight, having skin issues, metabolism issues, you name it...but they take less insulin then I do.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wow, I definitely did not have that effect from the stearic acid I took. Did you get that as a raw material? Or can anyone grab some?

I buy mine from Spectrum Chemicals but there are plenty of vendors that sell to individuals. Possibly even Amazon but I have not checked.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
whats the point then who cares about sweating and feeling hot for a few hours!!!! wtf dudeeee hahaa

The point is that it seems to act exactly like thyroid, at least for me. I have not used it consistently to see if it leads to weight loss but then again I do not really want to lose weight. I feel fine as is.

Ron J

What made you choose stearyl alcohol over stearic acid?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals