Dietary Stearic Acid Reduces Visceral Fat By 70% And Increases Lean Mass

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
No I dont think so, but Its interesting when you ask a stranger online how they are it makes them wonder.
I was just being polite :):

Understood. Nice to see nice people on the forum :): Hopefully, the information here helps with your sport performance.

Philjay

Understood. Nice to see nice people on the forum :): Hopefully, the information here helps with your sport performance.

Thank you, im sure it will. Fascinating discussions with very intelligent people.

Tarmander

So if one were to try stearic acid as a supplement, what kind of dosage would you guys think would be appropriate. I looked through a few studies and found no g/kg for rats or humans.

Last edited:

dand

Methyl Stearate in DeFibron accomplishes this as well then, no?

As an anecdote, I took a rather large dose of DeFibron last night and instantly noticed that it made my movement feel more fluid and powerful (usually feel that way with something that is dopaminergic) :). I took this dose kind of late in the evening and had a time getting to sleep, but wasn't sure if it was related or not. I usually have no trouble falling asleep, but I also had a professional interaction with someone that was really irritating. I was seeing "red" every time I closed my eyes last night, lol.

Philjay

Stearic acid doesnt work the same way in humans as in rats its also widely recognised as having poor biovailability in humans.
These mice lacked a thymus gland and the diet was not natural.
I suggest just living entirely on stearic acid, you will probably lose 70 % of your visceral fat, and just as much muscle. Amazing it worked.

Sometimes these studies are quoted with no possible correlation with real life and human function.

But if my mouse gets fat , I know what to do.

dand

Stearic acid doesnt work the same way in humans as in rats its also widely recognised as having poor biovailability in humans.
I suggest just living entirely on stearic acid, you will probably lose 70 % of your visceral fat, and just as much muscle. Amazing it worked.

Sometimes these studies are quoted with no possible correlation with real life and human function.

Uhh, dude, let's try and not just make assertions without backing it up with something. Your comment is neither anecdotal personal experience (of value) nor does it even have a reference of any kind. I've taken pretty high doses of DeFibrin (methyl stearate) and it is very obviously dopaminergic so leads me to believe it could easily lower visceral fat and be androgenic. There is my anecdote. Your move.

Tarmander

This study has a dosage region of .05-.65 g/kg for humans:

The absorption of stearic acid from triacylglycerols: an inquiry and analysis. - PubMed - NCBI

Also this study on absorbability: Intestinal absorption of stearic acid after consumption of high fat meals in humans. - PubMed - NCBI

"Percentages of palmitic acid (16:0) and stearic acid, relative to other fatty acids, were only slightly lower in chylomicron lipids than in the meal fat. These data suggest that intestinal absorbability of stearic acid is similar to that of palmitic acid, and both saturated fatty acids appear to be absorbed almost as well as oleic acid (16:1)."

Philjay

Supplementation poor absorption , with food
These data suggest that intestinal absorbability of stearic acid is similar to that of palmitic acid,and both saturated fatty acidsappear to be absorbed almost aswell as oleic acid (16:1)."

dand

Supplementation poor absorption , with food
These data suggest that intestinal absorbability of stearic acid is similar to that of palmitic acid,and both saturated fatty acidsappear to be absorbed almost aswell as oleic acid (16:1)."

I may be misunderstanding your original comment. Are you suggesting that stearic acid likely doesn't work well in humans or that it does? Bc the above seems to imply that there is no issue with absorption.

Philjay

I was explaining as a supplement it doesnt have much use. In food as compared to other fatty acids it compares in a similar way.
Which Is why I quoted that snippet.

dand

I was explaining as a supplement it doesnt have much use. In food as compared to other fatty acids it compares in a similar way.
Which Is why I quoted that snippet.

Do many people really take supplements without food? I know I don’t

J

jb116

Uhh, dude, let's try and not just make assertions without backing it up with something. Your comment is neither anecdotal personal experience (of value) nor does it even have a reference of any kind. I've taken pretty high doses of DeFibrin (methyl stearate) and it is very obviously dopaminergic so leads me to believe it could easily lower visceral fat and be androgenic. There is my anecdote. Your move.
I wouldn't bother with him, he just joined Tuesday and has been posting any contrarian reply he can throughout threads.

I've been messing around with DeFibron lately too and I agree with you, it definitely feels dopaminergic and androgenic. I get irritated while I'm on it if I'm not careful, but it kinda feels good. Music sounds better, things feel more appealing but I also get irritated a lot easier.

Philjay

Do many people really take supplements without food? I know I don’t
The mice were not supplementing with a balanced diet, I was just saying if we follow the protocol the mice had from that study in 2014 , then im sure you would lose fat.
Its 2018 and stearic acid supplementation hasnt taken off, I do wonder why.

dand

The mice were not supplementing with a balanced diet, I was just saying if we follow the protocol the mice had from that study in 2014 , then im sure you would lose fat.

You're right because commercial success and therapeutic effectiveness generally go hand in hadn't. What was I thinking :)?

YourUniverse

A lot of really effective supplements mentioned on these boards are not widely used, and that great, keeps the price down :thumbsup:

deetto

In his blog, @natedawwg has long advocated dairy cream, and topical and oral cocoa and shea butter for stearic acid.