Curious: What was Peat wrong about, in your view?

mostlylurking

The importance of acetylcholine in vagus nerve health (eyes, sinuses, digestion, anti IBS-c, for mood, sleep, muscle force, etc) and maybe to lower brain serotonin i think. Mainstream science is also wrong on acetylcholine, cause high acetylcholine needs more GABA and enaught dopamine to counter the reduction in serotonin. Serotonin both calm down or mask a GABA deficiency and also mask any dopamine deficiency, that's who acetylcholine alone can cause either headache/migraine or depression respectively and it's not a cure all either until you fix dopamine and GABA and norepinephrine tolerance. Peat has said acetylcholine will "burn out" your vagus nerve, because of it's relationship with histamine but i don't understand how a nerve can burn out only because it's being stimulated, from my understanding it needs to have other factors to get damage like vitamin deficiency or something because of how many regulatory mechanism there are for normal function, bit I'm not an expert in nerves (neither Dr Peat was as a young researcher). Dr Peat approach was initially based on androgens and sex hormones research.
Ray Peat's articles about acetylcholine are from the perspective of having TOO MUCH acetylcholine. Derrick Lonsdale's articles about acetylcholine are from the perspective of having TOO LITTLE acetylcholine. I think in today's world, it is more common to have a deficiency in acetylcholine (caused by thiamine deficiency) which points to Lonsdale's articles being more helpful. But this does not make Ray Peat wrong about acetylcholine. I think both of these men's writings have been immensely helpful to me.

Thiamine is needed to make acetylcholine; if you have a thiamine deficiency you're in big trouble. Thiamine deficiency is implicated in many/most/all(?) brain diseases (i.e. Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, senile dementia, etc.) Thiamine is required to clear serotonin from the brain.

You may find Derrick Lonsdale's articles of interest:

OP
chrstn4o

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I come from a severe gut pain caused by what could be called IBS-C by mainstream medicine excepting that i fixed my constipation and the pain was still there, with probably inflamed lymph nodes.

My goal was not too have better memory, but to fix my gut. after i experienced all symptoms of low acetylcholine, really all of them (sinus infection, dry eyes, bad sleep, no dreams ever, bad memory, poor concentration, skipping words while speaking, muscle weakness in my legs, fainting easily because of vagus nerve crisis, etc).

I increased my egg intake, and zinc, to increase acetylcholine, as well as b1, b5, without any nootropics.

then, i experienced good results on my gut and overall all other symptoms, excepting i experienced migraines and then low dopamine.

this is the conclusion i came after reading many studies with my new symptoms, that they are caused by high glutamate/GABA ratio and by low dopamine.

of course i was not doing any nootropics, only the RDA for choline and normal zinc intake for many months, cause i was deficient in both i think.

Regarding the GABA, i think, the body of a healthy person is supposed to adjust the glutamate/GABA ratio in a few weeks without any need to take extra GABA after it has adapted to the "new normal".

There are studies that nitric oxide is upregulating the GABA production, so nitric oxide may be the bad guy, causing headache but maybe you cannot raise you GABA without it, do maybe not a good idea to suppress NO and take extra GABA.

If NO is not working and GABA stay low then i tried various substances back then, and GABA agonists never fixed the cause only the symptoms. i think when i took coq10 it fixed the migraines and headache and kind of fixed the cause, in the sense i didn't need as much GABA like substances the next days. it's just an anecdotal evidence. also i think coq10 can sometimes cause problems elsewhere in the body if low on magnesium, i take it with topical magnesium.

maybe try coq10 and see if it lowers your need for GABA, and maybe don't take NO inhibitors (excepting natural like CO2). i don't remember the studies, but NO was signaling the increase in GABA.

Regarding dopamine, intresting you take tyrosine, cause back then i did felt depressed also, and since i didn't wanted to reduce my zinc or choline intakei tried tyrosine with bcaa (the gut pain before supplementing was much worse than the depression caused by normal acetylcholine levels).

Actually i tried quite a big dose to start with, and i felt.... amaizing the first 1h or 2h. i went outside and i remember how good it felt. but it only lasted that much, and then i had a push of anxiety, i felt horrible the next 6h.

so that's because of low GABA, high glutamate, and dopamine converting to norepinephrine after some time.

i never got to fix completely (yet) my high glutamate/GABA ratio yet. Headache and migraines improved, but i think it's a magnesium deficiency that is blocking further progress.

So i think coq10 is doing something against migraines caused by NO, but maybe raising magnesium is even more important long term (for the GABA needs).

i don't dare to try again tyrosine until i fix all my anxiety problems, but that one experience i know it's low dopamine that make me depressed and not as much normal to high acetylcholine.

i have the half worrior gene, meaning impared MAO-A, meaning i build up serotonin fast, all my life i was serotonin driven and low acetylcholine, with overmaethylation like symptoms.

Serotonin is blocking everything : acetylcholine, glutamate, dopamine, meaning if you have high serotonin you won't need as much GABA to calm the brain and dopamine will go down too, that's why i think SSRI work because serotonin will calm down everything but without the good feeling of motivation when you have high dopamine.

i think mainstream is afraid of the psychotic cases of people who are psychotic, because of high dopamine, but that's not everybody. they are afraid, if they raised dopamine, a small amount of people could develop psychotic or even madness and they cannot take that risk because of how bad the psychiatric cases are seen, they rather would have everybody like a zombie than have 0.1% of patients develop psychotic behaviour. but that doesn't means they are in good mental health, only less problematic for the authoritarian society, like sedated patients in hospitals, more easy to "manage".

and maybe it's something else is in play, not only dopamine, I'm not sure what, but maybe something else is causing mental psychotic problems, not yet well understood by science.

in order to increase dopamine i think i need, as i said, increase first magnesium to fix further my anxiety problems, then lower estrogen.

i don't risk to take high dose p5p or vitamin e (blood thinner).

maybe I'll try again tyrosine if my anxiety gets better.

hope this is more clear now what i mean, nice to see someone else having the same experience as me coming from a different background (nootropics use instead of fixing deficiency).

SSRI industry is really not here to help, and we can't blame Dr. Peat, he states in one of his interviews how much he didn't like at all the people working in brain research, that's why he went on the opposite side, sex hormones research. he was never very interested in neurotransmitters in the brain excepting when they were linked with steroids like in the gut. He really didn't liked that field of research (the brain) and he said that multiple times.
Thank you for sharing. I am now curious - what did you do to fix your gut? My observation here and many other places is that people are too often trying to "manipulate" markers up or down to an optimal range, whereas if you focus on improving gut and liver function (and a few other things like mineral status) a lot of things start to normalise. Case is point is sex hormones and even thyroid.. Yes, taking things that boost T and taking thyroid and whatnot DOES work, but many folks are doing those things and completely omitting the fundamentals like decogesting the liver, improving digestive function, and replenishing minerals. I guess this is what the current medical paradigm has indoctrinated us into - manipulating markers and masking symptoms, rather than truly restoring health.

kimbriel

He was wrong about eccentric exercises being harmful. They are very protective actually.

He was wrong about low dose naltrexone being only good to take once or twice. LDN is actually extremely helpful and more people here should be looking into it.
I take 6mg LDN daily and likely will for the rest of my life. It has changed my life! I had horrible foot and ankle joint pain (secondary to Cerebral Palsy I was born with, age, and I'm sure low thyroid function didn't help)... and it is completely gone now! This has allowed me to be more active like I used to be, I exercise an hour every day, I get outside for 20 minutes every day, I don't have to limit the chores or errands I do daily. It's also supposed to be really good for lowering Hashimoto's antibodies, though I haven't tested my antibodies since being on it, so I don't know. It's got a ton of benefits and is even anti-cancer for some types of cancer. Love LDN - it is second only to my thyroid medication as a must-have.

Peatful

Wait

No one is citing or attaching the research or reference they disagree with?

There was a stink sometime back on a pro estrogen thread

This @Momma user did this:

Post in thread 'Regenerating elastin? Possible?'
Regenerating elastin? Possible?

I see a lot of presumption on this thread

As @mostlylurking said the forum can be a minefield without broader data and or true understanding

moa

Thank you for sharing. I am now curious - what did you do to fix your gut? My observation here and many other places is that people are too often trying to "manipulate" markers up or down to an optimal range, whereas if you focus on improving gut and liver function (and a few other things like mineral status) a lot of things start to normalise. Case is point is sex hormones and even thyroid.. Yes, taking things that boost T and taking thyroid and whatnot DOES work, but many folks are doing those things and completely omitting the fundamentals like decogesting the liver, improving digestive function, and replenishing minerals. I guess this is what the current medical paradigm has indoctrinated us into - manipulating markers and masking symptoms, rather than truly restoring health.
Actually i was more constipated when i was younger, long before peating, with less pain or problems.

so the constipation is not the "cause" of them pain. my problem's started when i was intoxicated by mold and by lead both at the same time 2009, but then they improved slowly somehow into i started peating, then they got worse after peating for 1 year or more.

i think the gut problems were caused by zinc deficiency, b1 deficiency from coffee and white sugar/rice, vitamin a toxicity from beef liver.

i was eating very low meat excepting beef liver, no oysters, i pushed myself with carbs, sugar and coffee until severe gut pain came back, as severe as when i was lead poisoned 12 years ago but without the lead this time.

high dose thiamine did not fixed the gut much, but it did something on the body and mind. same for p5p.

the gut was fixed only when i introduced zinc, eggs and some b5, nothing else. with all other symptoms.

i think zinc deficiency was the main trigger, in the context of general overmaethylation symptoms.

one other symptom that disappeared completely (and only came back when i stopped talking zinc for 9 months, and now it's gone since i take zinc again) is the skin lesions on the back of my both hands, causing much pain and scratching.

when i started to take zinc with 6 eggs per day, it first got worse, meaning the scratching got worse on the back of the hand for about 3 or 4 weeks and then it resolved.

so zinc supplements, when you are deficient may cause even more skin problems in the first 2 or 3 weeks as skin start to heal and replace old skin layers with new skin.

i have two photos with my skin lesion about 2 months before i started to take zinc supplements.

but i took them for my gut, and it did fix my gut, maybe not 100% but at least 80%.

then i took b. coagulans, b vitamin complex. now i take vitamin d cause my test m test results came back 3 months ago i was 22 and i want to raise it to 55.

what fixed my gut is : zinc, choline mainly. to a lesser extent B1, B2, other b's, b. coagulans, also short term use of berberine, 4 days on doxycycline but that made things worse initially on the gut but fixed my sinus infection.

now i try to raise vitamin d and k, magnesium.

regarding liver, for sure, it's very important to get bile running, and buffer toxic bile with something, I'm working on this (i take coffee now but i stopped taurine and oral magnesium for now cause they cause too much anal bleeding and toxic bile...).

i will upload images from before i took the first zinc supplements.

IMG_20210221_203044.jpg

IMG_20210221_203029.jpg

I take 6mg LDN daily and likely will for the rest of my life. It has changed my life! I had horrible foot and ankle joint pain (secondary to Cerebral Palsy I was born with, age, and I'm sure low thyroid function didn't help)... and it is completely gone now! This has allowed me to be more active like I used to be, I exercise an hour every day, I get outside for 20 minutes every day, I don't have to limit the chores or errands I do daily. It's also supposed to be really good for lowering Hashimoto's antibodies, though I haven't tested my antibodies since being on it, so I don't know. It's got a ton of benefits and is even anti-cancer for some types of cancer. Love LDN - it is second only to my thyroid medication as a must-have.

That‘s a wonderful story, very interesting. I too love LDN.

sunny

I've seen in a few places where he mentions taking too much T3 at once leads to RT3. Unless he was misquoted, he is mistaken and that is false. Your second statement is correct - it's T4 that increases RT3 when it's improperly converted by the body into RT3 instead of T3. This is very common, especially for women, and I saw it happen in myself.
I think he was misquoted. I have only read and heard him talk about the conversion of T4 to RT3, and cortisol and stress hormones playing a part in that. You can get some good interview spots on those discussions on bioenergetic life search.

mostlylurking

my problem's started when i was intoxicated by mold and by lead both at the same time 2009, but then they improved slowly somehow into i started peating, then they got worse after peating for 1 year or more.
Thiamine chelates lead. Really. I've had lead poisoning so I zero in on this topic. Here's a few links for you:
"The spectroscopic studies revealed that Pb interacts with the pyrimidine ring of thiamine, leading to its solubilization at physiological pH. Further, thiamine reduced the Pb levels in blood, kidney and bone during both simultaneous and post-exposure Pb treatment. Interestingly, thiamine appears to prevent the accumulation of Pb in bone during simultaneous treatment. Together these results suggest that pyrimidine ring of thiamine mediates its interaction with Pb, leading to the prevention of its accumulation and/or increased clearance from tissues."
"SB: That’s great, and I also recall that TTFD I believe there were some studies you mentioned – or in some of your research where it had protective capabilities against lead and some heavy metals if I am recalling correctly?

DL: That’s correct. Yes. It’s interesting because thiamine actually the mechanism is not by any means clear, but it clears the lead through the liver. It goes through the bialary system. So the lead comes out in the stool. Not in the urine, and what people are looking for is lead in the urine and they should be looking for it in the stool if they use thiamine. Well of course nobody is using thiamine because they don’t know about it, but I would have loved to have got in touch with the people in Flint and tell them that the kids that have lead poisoning all they need is 100 milligrams of thiamine a day and that will ease the lead out of their systems."
-end paste-
Please note that Dr. Lonsdale was talking about 100mg of TTFD thiamine, NOT 100mg of thiamine hcl. I take 1 gram of thiamine hcl 2Xday because the hcl type has poor absorption through the intestine so you have to take a lot more of it. I could not tolerate TTFD because my glutathione level was very low due to the body stress of my heavy metal toxicity. Happily, the thiamine hcl has corrected my glutathione level now.
i think the gut problems were caused by zinc deficiency, b1 deficiency from coffee and white sugar/rice, vitamin a toxicity from beef liver.
High dose thiamine hcl cured all my digestive tract issues that included: very poor peristalsis, low stomach acid, SIBO, leaky gut, constipation/diarrhea, inflamed intestine. I take 1 gram, 2Xday. I also take a fairly high dose of magnesium glycinate (3/8teas, 2Xday = 400mg magnesium). The thiamine greatly improved my tolerance for magnesium.

-edit-
Since this thread is supposed to be about if Ray Peat was ever wrong about anything I'd like to add that Ray advised me by email to use thiamine hcl and magnesium to heal my gut which had gone horribly wrong after taking several different antibiotics (including Bactrim) for a UTI, summer 2020. Ray warned me to keep my daily intake of thiamine hcl below 1500mg. However, after several months of taking thiamine hcl and working up to 1500mg/day and still having issues, I went searching on the internet about the amount of thiamine hcl that I should be taking. I found Dr. Costantini's site and decided to follow his high dose thiamine hcl protocol which specified that my optimum dose would probably be 1 gram, 2Xday. I experienced massive digestive tract improvement in two days on that higher dose. But I have heavy metal poisoning and Ray Peat didn't know about that part.
i pushed myself with carbs, sugar and coffee until severe gut pain came back, as severe as when i was lead poisoned 12 years ago but without the lead this time.
The symptoms of lead poisoning exactly match the symptoms of thiamine deficiency because lead is attracted to the thiamine molecule and bonds to it and makes it unavailable for the body to use. Carbs, sugar, and coffee deplete/block thiamine function.
high dose thiamine did not fixed the gut much, but it did something on the body and mind. same for p5p.
How much thiamine did you take and what kind? If you are dealing with heavy metal poisoning, it would make your thiamine needs higher.
now i take vitamin d cause my test m test results came back 3 months ago i was 22 and i want to raise it to 55
My vitamin D was 20-35 for many years. I exchanged emails with Dr. Peat about it and he advised me to take 10,000iu vitamin D daily which I do. My D is in great shape now. I use a sublingual drop type.
i take coffee now but i stopped taurine and oral magnesium for now cause they cause too much anal bleeding and toxic bile...).
Coffee will block your thiamine function. Your tolerance for magnesium will improve if you supplement with thiamine.

Last edited:

DKayJoe

Wait

No one is citing or attaching the research or reference they disagree with?

There was a stink sometime back on a pro estrogen thread

This @Momma user did this:

Post in thread 'Regenerating elastin? Possible?'
Regenerating elastin? Possible?

I see a lot of presumption on this thread

As @mostlylurking said the forum can be a minefield without broader data and or true understanding
I don't get the vibe that people in this thread are trying to bash Peat or say he's a quack or anything, I don't think anyone is telling anyone to ignore Peats advice in place of their experience either. As I stated in the reply to my op for someone else, my views, at least, are my opinion and don't ask me to back them up with science, because if I'm honest I don't want to invest the time to try.

Ray Peats work has forever changed my life and my outlook on it for the better, finding his work is quite literally one of the best things that's ever happened to me. With that said surely everyone's entitled to state their opinion without studies to back it up? If people choose not to take it on board because of that, this is equally their right.

kimbriel

I don't get the vibe that people in this thread are trying to bash Peat or say he's a quack or anything, I don't think anyone is telling anyone to ignore Peats advice in place of their experience either. As I stated in the reply to my op for someone else, my views, at least, are my opinion and don't ask me to back them up with science, because if I'm honest I don't want to invest the time to try.

Ray Peats work has forever changed my life and my outlook on it for the better, finding his work is quite literally one of the best things that's ever happened to me. With that said surely everyone's entitled to state their opinion without studies to back it up? If people choose not to take it on board because of that, this is equally their right.

Agreed, on every point. I wish I had discovered Ray Peat's work sooner, when I was healthy and not having to overcome a lot of damage. That said, no one person has all the answers.

mostlylurking

Which, of course, is why I consider this forum to be a minefield if you come to it without having studied Peat's work for some time.

Of course people can declare their opinions. Just don't expect others to take them seriously if they aren't backed up at least by links to pubmed, or better yet, raypeat.com.

kimbriel

Which, of course, is why I consider this forum to be a minefield if you come to it without having studied Peat's work for some time.

Of course people can declare their opinions. Just don't expect others to take them seriously if they aren't backed up at least by links to pubmed, or better yet, raypeat.com.
Is there a form of thiamine you recommend, mostlylurking? Or a dose? I know we are supposed to go by symptoms.

mostlylurking

Is there a form of thiamine you recommend, mostlylurking? Or a dose? I know we are supposed to go by symptoms.

I chose to stick with thiamine hcl because I could not tolerate TTFD because my glutathione level was in the ditch due to heavy metal toxicity. Happily taking high dose thiamine hcl has normalized my glutathione level for the first time in many years. Although the amount needed (1 gram, 2Xday) is a large amount (due to poor absorption in the gut), the pure bulk powder is inexpensive. A little of it tastes as bad as a lot of it so it's just a matter of getting used to the taste. Always take it with water, never with anything sweet. Space consuming carbs at least 30 away from taking thiamine.

Here are some sources for info about thiamine:
Ray Peat on thiamine.
Dr. Costantini's website. He successfully treated thousands of Parkinson's Disease patients in Italy using thiamine hcl. I chose to follow his protocol because I tolerate thiamine hcl better than TTFD. Dr. Costantini's FAQ's are well worth the time to read. His patient before and after videos are illuminating and very short.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale's articles. He is on the far side of 99 and although is in a wheel chair and assisted living, he still has his wits about him which is a great testament to TTFD.
Daphne Brian's book about thiamine and Parkinson's Disease; she found great success using a sublingual form of thiamine which I have tried and found that it does work. This website is based on Dr. Costantini's work with thiamine hcl.
Elliot Overton's youtube channel. Excellent videos and a great way to get started learning about thiamine. Elliot focuses mainly on TTFD thiamine but the information can be extrapolated over to the other types of thiamine for general understanding. He explains the pros and cons of the different types.
Elliot Overton's website. Excellent articles under Blog. Also links to his videos.

moa

You may find Derrick Lonsdale's articles of interest:
thank you, i will look at his articles.

Thiamine chelates lead. Really. I've had lead poisoning so I zero in on this topic
back then i knew nothing, i was tired all day, like a plant for about 18 months to 3 years, things slowly came back. i did my blood tests that confirmed high lead poisoning in the blood, but never returned to hospital for treatment cause i was afraid of chelation.

both mold exposure and lead block thiamine, i didn't knew back then.

what i did, after 2 years post poisoning, in order to ensure, i took a supplement for about 12 months containing a few substances, mainly R-alpha lipoic acid, r-ala. it's supposed to help with lead and if contained extract of "saule blanc" a plant containing a bit of aspirin.

The thiamine greatly improved my tolerance for magnesium
I thought it was the other way around : magnesium is required before doing high thiamine ?

that's why i try to do topical magnesium and don't overdo in thiamine, maybe I'm wrong.

Carbs, sugar, and coffee deplete/block thiamine function.
Yes, i know, this is what happens when your start "peating" the wrong way.

How much thiamine did you take and what kind?
i first took 100mg hcl for some time, then stopped and bought ttfd 50mg. after a week or two it made me feel not very good stressed.

maybe because i didn't took the other b's with it, maybe because i was not eating enaught, maybe because of zinc deficiency and maybe magnesium.

that's why it only improved with zinc, and i think i was zinc deficient. zinc is required for normal acetylcholine levels, but too much zinc at toxic levels will block acetylcholine ? so fixing a deficiency is good, 15mg - 25mg not more.

Coffee will block your thiamine function. Your tolerance for magnesium will improve if you supplement with thiamine.

i hope so. that's my new challenge.

actually i feel so tired and have so bad sleep and circadian rhythms right now, I'm not sure why. maybe it's just because i stress too much.

I'm doing a b complex with 5mg thiamine, and activated forms. not sure if i should finish the ttfd or take high dose thiamine hcl. I'm afraid it will mess me even more.

I'm really very cautious with long term mega dosing, especially that i don't have many lab tests to know exactly what's going on.

tsh was almost 4 last year.

i also have so much weight, 105kg right now, compared to 98kg this winter, but i don't feel obese, just overweight (a bit like haidut, with decent collagen and muscle mass).

i don't want to put weight, still don't want to stress myself with mega dosing thiamine. i do take 100mg thiamine hcl once every 7 or 10 days when i have a big meal, but usually I'm cautious.

what do you think, should i mega dose B1 ? will this improve my sleep and anxiety and chronic fatigue syndrome or on the contrary trigger stress hormones ?

David PS

I think he explicitly said T4 and T4 monotherapy causes increased reverse T3 if the liver is sluggish.
It is possible for T4 to be converted into reverse T3 under certain circumstances. Factors such as stress, cortisol, and adrenaline can shift the metabolism of T4 into reverse T3. However, the conversion of T4 to reverse T3 is not a concern for most individuals unless they are experiencing specific conditions or imbalances. It is important to ensure proper nutrition, including adequate selenium intake, as selenium is crucial for the conversion of T4 to T3.
see

View: https://soundcloud.com/oneradionetwork/ray-peat-on-healing-the-body-february-19-2020

P

Peatress

He was wrong about T3 causing RT3 - T4 is what does that. He was wrong about needing to take small amounts of T3 very often to have a better effect - that isn't true for people with thyroid disease. Disappointingly, his work doesn't really discuss thyroid disease in general, especially Hashimoto's. And a lot of what he said just doesn't work for people with Hashimoto's.

I'm still so grateful I found his work, especially the work on PUFAs and progesterone. Those two things have changed my life forever.
If you look at the Wiki email page you will find his quote on reverse t3.

He is often asked about Hashimoto's in interviews. You can find the relevant ones using this search engine

bioenergetic search

mostlylurking

still don't want to stress myself with mega dosing thiamine. i do take 100mg thiamine hcl once every 7 or 10 days when i have a big meal, but usually I'm cautious.
If you need thiamine, high dosing thiamine hcl won't "stress" you. Thiamine hcl is considered a safe supplement and has a very long track record. It is a water soluble vitamin so it gets peed out in a couple of hours. Dr. Costantini said patients aren't supposed to have ANY negative effects and if they do (very rare) he stops treatment for a week, then resumes it at half the previous dose without incident.

It may be helpful if you take a few minutes and watch the before and after videos of Dr. Costantini's Parkinson's Disease patients that he treated with thiamine hcl. These are very short, most are less than a minute. A few of the interviews have English subtitles. Very eye opening.

what do you think, should i mega dose B1 ? will this improve my sleep and anxiety and chronic fatigue syndrome or on the contrary trigger stress hormones ?
I think you would find it helpful. It is believed to be the answer for chronic fatigue syndrome.

I started with 300-350 mg of thiamine hcl, (available here) and experienced improvement within 45 minutes. But I'm not you. You'll just have to experiment with it. Another way to try it is to get some of the sublingual type. Here's some info about it. And here's a book about it. It is a good idea to take some magnesium with it; I use magnesium glycinate.

Here's a link to another thread where I provided links to information about thiamine. There's a lot of information provided at the links.

Is there a formula for supplementing thyroid?

kimbriel

I chose to stick with thiamine hcl because I could not tolerate TTFD because my glutathione level was in the ditch due to heavy metal toxicity. Happily taking high dose thiamine hcl has normalized my glutathione level for the first time in many years. Although the amount needed (1 gram, 2Xday) is a large amount (due to poor absorption in the gut), the pure bulk powder is inexpensive. A little of it tastes as bad as a lot of it so it's just a matter of getting used to the taste. Always take it with water, never with anything sweet. Space consuming carbs at least 30 away from taking thiamine.

Here are some sources for info about thiamine:
Ray Peat on thiamine.
Dr. Costantini's website. He successfully treated thousands of Parkinson's Disease patients in Italy using thiamine hcl. I chose to follow his protocol because I tolerate thiamine hcl better than TTFD. Dr. Costantini's FAQ's are well worth the time to read. His patient before and after videos are illuminating and very short.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale's articles. He is on the far side of 99 and although is in a wheel chair and assisted living, he still has his wits about him which is a great testament to TTFD.
Daphne Brian's book about thiamine and Parkinson's Disease; she found great success using a sublingual form of thiamine which I have tried and found that it does work. This website is based on Dr. Costantini's work with thiamine hcl.
Elliot Overton's youtube channel. Excellent videos and a great way to get started learning about thiamine. Elliot focuses mainly on TTFD thiamine but the information can be extrapolated over to the other types of thiamine for general understanding. He explains the pros and cons of the different types.
Elliot Overton's website. Excellent articles under Blog. Also links to his videos.
Thank you - here I go trying yet another thing, hoping it will be "the thing".

Not sure if you knew, but I had neuroendocrine cancer of the lung earlier this year (aka lung carcinoid). Ray Peat had written about carcinoid in a few places though usually carcinoid tumors along the GI tract, because that type tends to secrete serotonin.

kimbriel

It is possible for T4 to be converted into reverse T3 under certain circumstances. Factors such as stress, cortisol, and adrenaline can shift the metabolism of T4 into reverse T3. However, the conversion of T4 to reverse T3 is not a concern for most individuals unless they are experiencing specific conditions or imbalances. It is important to ensure proper nutrition, including adequate selenium intake, as selenium is crucial for the conversion of T4 to T3.
see

View: https://soundcloud.com/oneradionetwork/ray-peat-on-healing-the-body-february-19-2020

Well, my body tended to convert T4 to RT3 pretty readily, which was leaving me pretty hypothyroid.

moa

I think you would find it helpful. It is believed to be the answer for chronic fatigue syndrome.
actually i did had a period, before i started to take the first time thiamin, when i had fibromyalgia symptoms like pain in all the muscles of all my body all day long, it lasted a week and went away with p5p and magnesium i think, without thiamine.

but then i think not long after i started to take thiamin, but the main problem was my gut pain and cramps, not my fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome that caused less pain back then.

since then i always took "some" thiamine, that's why maybe i don't have fibromyalgia symptoms but maybe i should give a try and see if it helps with sleep and chronic fatigue.

sleep is better after raising acetylcholine, but not alway very restoring on waking up.

have to find something i can buy from France. maybe just regular thiamin HCl pills are fine, i can take 3 pills x 100mg each 30 minutes away from food, and see if it helps. I'll think about it, and give high thiamine a second try.

i see lots of very weak people taking it in that videos, so i suppose it's safe to try.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals