Curious: What was Peat wrong about, in your view?

peter88

Bottled juice. Most juice companies I contacted use clarifying agents in the processing of their juice that aren’t required to be listed on the label. Once I switched to unfiltered juice, the allergic reactions I experienced, like the one below, went away:

View attachment 59706

I posted a link to some of the clarifying agents used here:

Have you still been able to stay off of thyroid?

Jennifer

@peter88, I’m still off thyroid, yes. I don’t know if that will still be the case come February when, in the past, my temp and pulse rate would dip, but I’m hoping with the diet changes, my thyroid won’t need the extra support.

Apple

@Apple, I still consume raw foods, yes. The majority of my diet is raw—milk, ice cream, fruit/juice and honey—but I experienced no added benefit from consuming meat raw and I prefer it cooked so I cook it. :)
Have you grown any taller since you started raw milk ?

Jennifer

@Apple, I can’t say for certain if it was due to raw milk or protein in general, but I grew an inch/2.54 cm when I added it and other animal proteins back to my diet after my spine collapsed while following Dr. Douglas Graham’s 80/10/10 vegan diet. For whatever reason, I need quite a bit of protein to thrive.

peter88

@peter88, I’m still off thyroid, yes. I don’t know if that will still be the case come February when, in the past, my temp and pulse rate would dip, but I’m hoping with the diet changes, my thyroid won’t need the extra support.
Awesome. I wonder if pasteurized milks from the grocery store have clarifying agents or they go under a process which makes them allergenic.

Jennifer

Awesome. I wonder if pasteurized milks from the grocery store have clarifying agents or they go under a process which makes them allergenic.

From my understanding, to meet consumer demands for low pulp and clear juice, clarifying agents are used to break down and separate plant matter that would otherwise make the juice fibrous and cloudy. Since what makes milk opaque has the most nutritive value—casein joins with calcium and phosphate to form micelles, and when light hits the micelle particles it causes the light to refract and scatter, making milk appear white—I can’t think of a reason why clarifying agents would be used, however, if milk is fortified with vitamins, the vitamin packs contain potentially problematic preservatives and emulsifiers like polysorbate 80 and propylene glycol. Same goes for cheese. Vegetable rennet used in cheese production is fermentation produced chymosin (FPC), which often contains trace amounts of sodium benzoate E211, and animal rennet can also have hidden additives like sodium acetate, propylene glycol and potassium sorbate. The cultures used often contain trace amounts of maltodextrin.

He changed his mind about mushrooms. I am glad though that he adjusts his view according to new information. Milk now isn’t the same milk it was 50 years ago, broccoli and fruits and vegetables aren’t the same either. I get so frustrating trying to tell elderly people how bad our grains are now. They always say, “I ate bread growing up and I lived this long”, while I am staring at their elephant ankles and listing to them about all their mysterious aches and pains and insomnia. Ray Peat suggested we’ll cooked mushrooms and then he changed his view on them….

Re: Ray Peat Email Advice: Mushrooms

Ray Peat said:

"Since reading about the chemicals in mushrooms I stopped eating them, but using them occasionally is o.k., probably better than many vegetables." -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals