CAPILIA LONGA For Hair Growth (derived From Turmeric)

hotlovedrama

So the lists of ingredients included in the beard serum: Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Curcuma Longa (turmeric), callus conditionned media, Biotin, sodium PCA, sodium lactate, Argonne, aspartic acid, PCA, glycine, alanine, serine, valine, proline, threonine, isoleucine, histidine, phenylalanine, carbomer, panthenol, caprylyl, glycol, triethanolamine, tocopherol, sodium benzoate, glucunolactone, phenoxyethanol, calcium gluconate.

Sounds like chinese for me. Doesnt look as natural as they claim, or is it ?

GAF

Oh I see it on the back of the box.

I am just so excited to have the Men's Secret Weapon in my arsenal, I dont even care what's in it.

GAF

I am going Sampson and never cutting any hair again. Just let it grow Longa and Longa:bomb:

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Just did my first derma Needling session on my face followed by the serum. I am going to hold off putting it on my scalp for the time being and see what results I get with my beard. I am still a bit worried about the arginine content, wish I new how much was actually in it.

Mossy

With regard to arginine, I made my own topical prior to knowing about Peat, based on this study which showed success (don't' they all?).

Someone on hairlosstalk suggest that "L-arginine is bad.. It takes LDL and transform it into arginase which is bad. L-Citrulline Malate is the best. None of the disadvantages."
So, I then replaced the arginine with L-citrulline matate. I used it for about 3 months, with no results. I realize this is too short of a time, but at 3 months if I don't see something, my small brain loses interest.

Mossy

meatbag

Just came across this online, couldn't find it previously discussed on the forums. It is an extract from turmeric that claims to have similar effects to Minoxidil but without any of the nasty side-effects. I copied and pasted basically the entire article :laughing:

Vytrus Biotech unveils Capilia Longa – the hair 3D Bio-printer

"CAPILIA LONGA PPF is able to produce an epigenetic reset of the hair bulb, reactivating the activity of these latent dermal papilla cells and promoting the hair follicle regeneration to create new hair."

N VITRO EFFICACY
(To measure ability of ingredient to activate proliferation and release of key growth factors)

1. Induction of Dermal Papilla cells Proliferation.
F_45788.jpg

• Human Fibroblasts Dermal Papilla Cells (HFDPC)
  • 48 hours of incubation with the product
  • Measurement of incorporation of Bromodeoxiuridine (BrdU) in the DNA of HFDPC through an Immunocto-chemical assay
  • The levels of fluorescence intensity indicate the Proliferation Index of HFDPC compared to Not treated Cells in Basal Medium.
The results show up to 177% of Proliferation Index (compared to Not Treated cells), showing a Higher effect that other Growth Factors (HGF, FGF, VEGF, IGF-1) and even higher than Minoxidil (169%).

2. Induction of Insulin Growth Factor (IGF-1) Production from Dermal Papilla Cells
F_45789.jpg

• 24-48h of incubation with the product
  • Quantification of IGF-1 levels from the supernatants by ELISA
  • Production Index results compared to Not treated Cells in Basal Medium
Up to 115% of Production Index (compared to Not Treated cells) from the HFDPC, showing a faster activity than Minoxidil (36%).

3. Modulation of miRNA22 and miRNA33 expression levels from Derma Papilla Cells
F_45790.JPG

F_45791.jpg

• 24h of incubation with the product
  • Quantification of miRNA levels from HFDPC supernatants through qPCR
  • Analysis of raw data by PfaffI method where the expression of each gene is compared with a control gen Actin (housekeeping gene)
  • Production Index results compared to Not treated Cells in Basal Medium
Up to 6,3 times miRNA-31 Expression Stimulation (compared to Control)

Up to 40% miRNA-22 Expression Index Reduction (compared to Control)

IN VIVO EFFICACY
F_45787.jpg

Panel of 40 volunteers

• Showing Hair Loss (A/T<4)
  • Different etiologies*
  • Men: grade Hamilton II-IV
  • Women: grade Ludwig I-II
  • 18-60 years old
  • 1% dosage
  • 1 application/day on the scalp
  • Double blind assay. 45 - 90 - 150 days.
    * Male and Female androgenetic alopecia, seasonal alopecia, diffuse alopecia, Hair loss due to technical processes, fragility, menopause.

Measurement of:
    • Hair loss reduction (combing test)
    • Hair density increase (general aspect and TrichoScan microphotographies)
    • Rebalancing the hair growth cycle (Trichogram A/T analysis)

The results show:

Up to 89 % hair loss reduction after 150 days (average: 57 %)

Up to 52 % hair density increase after 150 days (average: 17 %, i.e. 13500 new hairs)

27 % increase of A/T ratio after 150 days

Improvement of hair anchoring and general hair strengthening.

F_45793.jpg

Formulation: Water and ethanol soluble. Incorporation during the cooling phase (<40ºC

Dossage: Suggested use level: 0,5 -2%

Declarations: Free of GMO, BSE, listed CMR, VOC, heavy materials, listed allergens, parabens, phenoxyethanol, aflatoxins, pesticides and contaminant.

INCI: Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Callus Conditioned Media

Curcumin is a Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor btw and Peat has said that topical CA Inhibitors (thiamine, and caffeine for instance) should be helpful for hairloss. I remember haidut posting that pomegranete also has so very potent CA Inhibitors and here is a site that posts the effects of some other natural ones, such as milk thistle;

Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors in Natural Food Compounds. - Rainbow Grocery
--
In Vitro inhibition of human carbonic anhydrase I and II isozymes with natural phenolic compounds.
--
For those interested;
caffeine: Caffeine Is A Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor
thiamine:Thiamine Is A Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor As Effective As Acetazolamide

Last edited:

johnwester130

Curcumin is a Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor btw and Peat has said that topical CA Inhibitors (thiamine, and caffeine for instance) should be helpful for hairloss. I remember haidut posting that pomegranete also has so very potent CA Inhibitors and here is a site that posts the effects of some other natural ones, such as milk thistle;

Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors in Natural Food Compounds. - Rainbow Grocery
--
In Vitro inhibition of human carbonic anhydrase I and II isozymes with natural phenolic compounds.
--
For those interested;
caffeine: Caffeine Is A Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor
thiamine:Thiamine Is A Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor As Effective As Acetazolamide

thanks, i am gonna try topical carbonic inhibitors

howeevr caffeine is 7 times weaker than acetazolamide

The IC50 values of caffeine against hCA I was found to be 55 mM which whereas that of piperine was of 60 mM. The IC50 values of caffeine against hCA II was found to be 2 mM which the same as that of piperine (IC50 values of 2 mM; Table 1).

Acetazolamide which taken as the reference compound have the IC 50 values against hCA I and hCA II of 350 nM and 24 nM, respectively, being a highly potent inhibitor against both the isoforms. Although caffeine and piperine are much less potent, CAIs compared to acetazolamide these compounds may be used as leads for developing novel inhibitors.

golder

thanks, i am gonna try topical carbonic inhibitors

howeevr caffeine is 7 times weaker than acetazolamide

The IC50 values of caffeine against hCA I was found to be 55 mM which whereas that of piperine was of 60 mM. The IC50 values of caffeine against hCA II was found to be 2 mM which the same as that of piperine (IC50 values of 2 mM; Table 1).

Acetazolamide which taken as the reference compound have the IC 50 values against hCA I and hCA II of 350 nM and 24 nM, respectively, being a highly potent inhibitor against both the isoforms. Although caffeine and piperine are much less potent, CAIs compared to acetazolamide these compounds may be used as leads for developing novel inhibitors.
Did you ever try acetazolamide topically?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals